Author Topic: Legacy Collection Battle Packs  (Read 52734 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Collection Battle Pack Repacks
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2008, 12:36 PM »
Lame... I'm in the market now for one of these...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2009, 10:20 PM »
Did I miss this one or is it still on the way?  I seem to recall seeing one but not buying it, and now I'm looking for one and can't find it.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2009, 10:23 PM »
I've seen them at various times over the past month or so at Target but nothing in any real quantity.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2009, 12:26 PM »
Did we ever see a DCPI for the recent Dagobah battle pack?  I was thinking I could try to pin point one somewhere in the metroplex with a little luck, and a number.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2009, 09:40 AM »
I was sort of surprised to see the Geonosis BP in the display at Toy Fair.  That one seemed to really sit the last time around, and they seemed to use the crappiest versions available for many of the figures in it.  It seems like if they were doing a Geonosis pack again, they could at least grab the Evolutions Fett, Dooku, and better selections overall.  Oh well, not like I'm going to pick it up anyways, but it seems like the Geo scene(s) in AOTC were some of the best parts of the movie - you'd think they could come up with a better pack.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2009, 09:47 AM »
Actually I think that was just a packaging mock-up for the Geonosis Assault BP that includes the Gunship Turret and Clone Pilots. Unless they are having 2 BPs with the same name.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 09:49 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2009, 11:34 AM »
Actually I think that was just a packaging mock-up for the Geonosis Assault BP that includes the Gunship Turret and Clone Pilots. Unless they are having 2 BPs with the same name.

Ah, that makes sense.  Disregard my earlier complaining then.  The Turret pack is pretty cool, hopefully it looks good on the Gunship.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2009, 02:40 PM »
Actually, it does look like the other "Geonosis Assault" battle pack will be re-released.

David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2009, 04:53 PM »
Sorry to keep going back to this but I want to make sure I don't miss anything.

The 30thAC version of this battle pack had a new vader (kitbash...) right?

And the new version of this battle pack has a slightly different vader right?

So, to have all bases covered I actually would have to buy both releases of this set?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2009, 05:22 PM »
So, to have all bases covered I actually would have to buy both releases of this set?

Yes, based on your "I have 1 of everything" figure collection, you will need both Rob.  Both figures are "new" editions/repaints of existing Vader figures.

The 30AC version is a "muddy spirit" repaint/kitbash of the POTJ Dagobah Vader sculpt with the head from the PotJ Emperor's Wrath Vader figure (this same figure was used for the 2004 "Silver Vader" from TRU).

The Legacy Collection version is a new "spirit" repaint/retool that uses the POTJ Emperor's Wrath Vader sculpt (which was last used for 30AC Hologram Vader).
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2009, 05:48 PM »
That's what I thought. 

Thanks Jeff.  This should be the last time I bump this one.   :)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2009, 05:37 PM »
Here I go again...

I just stumbled across this:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS83945

Anyone know what the deal is with that, and is that the same Vader?  I could always just get this instead of ordering up the 30thAC version of the Dagobah Battle Pack.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2009, 05:55 PM »
I just stumbled across this:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS83945

Anyone know what the deal is with that, and is that the same Vader?  I could always just get this instead of ordering up the 30thAC version of the Dagobah Battle Pack.

I have no clue, but I saw that set on clearance at Kmart a few weeks back for $16-$17ish.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2009, 06:20 PM »
Anyone know what the deal is with that, and is that the same Vader? 

No... and (maybe) yes.

The "Legends of the Saga" box set was available two ways - first, as a K-Mart Exclusive and second, now available through EE. 

The K-Mart version of the "Legends of the Saga" box set does NOT contain the same Vader as the 30AC "Training on Dagobah" BP.  The K-Mart version of the set (according to RS) originally shipped with a "regular" black Vader repaint of the "PotJ Dagobah Vader with PotJ Emp Wrath Vader head" figure, which would be yet ANOTHER Vader you need since you don't seem to have this set yet.

Now, the EE version of the set?  Well, there's some debate there.  Quite a few people have claimed (and the EE pic suggests) that the EE version of the "Legends of the Saga" set *may* be different from the K-Mart version.  There are claims that the EE version of the set does indeed contain the "muddy spirit" repaint of the "PotJ Dagobah Vader with PotJ Emp Wrath Vader head" figure, previously found in the 30AC Dagobah Training Battle Pack.

Like I said though, I haven't seen anyone offer proof positive that the EE set has a variant Vader.  Lots of rumors, but no one ever produced pics of an EE set to prove that rumored Vader variant.

So, in summary, you now need to find...

1) The original K-Mart "Legends of the Saga" box set

2) The 30AC "Training on Dagobah" BP  -or- the EE version of the "Legends of the Saga" Box Set, IF you can find someplace that can confirm the rumor/pic that indicates the "muddy spirit" version is in there

3) The Legacy Collection "Training on Dagobah" BP

Only then will you have all the Vaders that you seek... ;)

(and with that, I will now go off someplace and be embarassed by the level of nerdiness knowledge that my brain contains  :-[)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2009, 06:45 PM »
You shouldn't be embarrassed Jeff, I should be, for actually wanting to pick up these lame kitbashed Vaders.  I just decided I'm not going out of my way though.  If I run into them cheap somewhere, great.  If not, eff it.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 06:49 PM by Rob »