Author Topic: Legacy Collection Battle Packs  (Read 53049 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Legacy Collection Battle Packs
« Reply #105 on: May 4, 2009, 11:41 AM »
Looks like Hasbro has updated their QnA with RS comfirming that the Ewok in the BP is in fact Warok. Cross another Vintage "yet to be made" figure off the list.
« Last Edit: May 4, 2009, 11:43 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 4, 2009, 11:59 AM »
Looks like Hasbro has updated their QnA with RS comfirming that the Ewok in the BP is in fact Warok. Cross another Vintage "yet to be made" figure off the list.

And, I guess that means I'll be paying $25 for the Ewok :P.  I was on the fence about buying the pack anyways, but at least it will provide a "new" Ewok.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 4, 2009, 12:07 PM »
I don't actually have any of the figures in the Endor set so I may just pick it up. It's the only one that I have any interest in really.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #108 on: May 4, 2009, 12:07 PM »
While it still hurts at this price point, I was buying it for the Imperial, the Ewok and the glider so getting Warok finally is a definite bonus. It does suck for those that were hoping it was a generic Ewok though.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 4, 2009, 12:26 PM »
While it still hurts at this price point, I was buying it for the Imperial, the Ewok and the glider so getting Warok finally is a definite bonus. It does suck for those that were hoping it was a generic Ewok though.

Yeah, I was probably going to buy this pack anyways too - but I'm glad to see that it is a new Ewok.  I was worried that they would stick in the old Ewok from the previous glider set - but it looks like it will be more articulated than that.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 4, 2009, 09:28 PM »
Maybe they'll release a carded version of Warok later?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 5, 2009, 10:13 AM »
Yay, Warok! Added bonus.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 25, 2009, 06:30 PM »
I see RS has a look at some of the upcoming Battle Packs, the Battle for Endor, Gelagrub Patrol, and the Clone Wars Rishi Moon Outpost Attack packs.  I'm definitely in for the Endor one, and I'm on the fence with the Gelagrub Patrol one.  The grub looks kind of neat, and it looks like they have soft goods on the Clone included to make it "just different enough".

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #113 on: June 25, 2009, 06:33 PM »
He also has ball-joint hips. I wonder if the gelagrub has some other feature as it has a translucent head. Maybe it lights up like a glow worm?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 06:35 PM by Jayson »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 25, 2009, 06:33 PM »
Clone + grub =/= $25.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 26, 2009, 01:58 AM »
I know a lot of guys have been excited to get the Gelagrub, but it's just not doing it for me.  It looks goofy to me, a Clone on a worm.  :-\

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #116 on: June 26, 2009, 02:02 AM »
I'm really debating passing on the Gelagrub unless I can find it cheap.  THat's a real rape with the price.  They really couldn't include a nice accurate deco COmmander Bly with it, just to ease the pain?

Sure they could...  I know price-bitching is old hat these days, but come on already...  That thing stings the wallet just looking at it.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 26, 2009, 09:28 AM »
I'm really debating passing on the Gelagrub unless I can find it cheap.  THat's a real rape with the price.  They really couldn't include a nice accurate deco COmmander Bly with it, just to ease the pain?

Sure they could...  I know price-bitching is old hat these days, but come on already...  That thing stings the wallet just looking at it.  :-\

I was thinking the same thing.  A nice, accurate Bly would have made this price/set much more palatable.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 26, 2009, 10:44 AM »
I completely agree that the Slug set is a total rip-off, but the fact that my collecting habits have changed in the last year make picking just one up, as opposed to two or more, less painful.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 26, 2009, 10:57 AM »
Let me ask then, what do you all think the price for this set should have been?

If there are no moving parts to the worm (as it seems) and it doesn't light up, then the worm is basically a hunk of sculpted plastic.

If this is true, then that set really shouldn't have been more than $15. I think that would have been fair.

Big problem is packaging. Hasbro seems to want to stick to window packaging for flare. But there seems to be a lot of wasted space with this set. Put this in a smaller box, maybe have a small window for the figure (and yes I agree an accurate Bly would have been nice-though I have one already). For one, printing costs alone would have dramatically dropped if it was only the outer packaging that was printed on.

I really think Hasbro needs to rethink how they package stuff. The non-window boxes are just fine. Certainly they are less expensive.

Now this may rub carded/MIB collectors the wrong way. However, this is business. Hasbro needs to find some ways to cut costs. Packaging is definitely one of those ways. If someone who is a carded collector just wants to display boxes of stuff, then heck, I'll send you my boxes of toys. Just pay for shipping and it's yours. I'm not a carded collector, so I don't see the sense in having things display that you can't pick up, turn around, repose, etc. So the difference between window boxes and non-window boxes is what? That you can see the real toy? Meh, I'd rather save some scratch and buy stuff in traditional boxes.

Just an opinion though.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010