Author Topic: Legacy Collection Battle Packs  (Read 52846 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Collection Battle Packs
« Reply #150 on: September 17, 2009, 09:10 AM »
I may get the Vader set mainly for those 2 droids.  I never bought those. 

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 17, 2009, 09:44 AM »
Such an easy pass for me on all four.

Thanks Hasbro, you've saved me money yet again!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 17, 2009, 10:11 AM »
Yep, easy passes for me too. It might justify me picking up an extra set of each Endor packs for the Imperial officers.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 17, 2009, 10:37 AM »
Passes for me too, but I can see the appeal of the CW sets in particular for kids (or, for present buying parents/family members).  Those are pretty nice make-ups as far as kiddos go, one pack has the two major heroes (Anakin/Obi) and villains (Dooku/Ventress) while the other has the "cool" new baddie (Bane), as well as Anakin/Yoda/Ahsoka.  Sadly, I might have come close to biting if they had given that Cad Bane figure articulated knees - but it would be stupid to spend $25 for that ;).  The non-CW sets are fairly boring to me, and I'm not sure that kids will even care about the "Birth of Vader" set.  I would think most collectors already have all of those figures too.  If they want sets like that to move, they should really put something new-ish in there.  That being said, I'm not sad to save the money on BPs.  There is more than enough stuff to keep up with the way it is, like Jesse mentioned.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 17, 2009, 12:30 PM »
PASS.  I actually hope they stay with this repack format.  Not too keen on the $25 BPs nowadays and this just makes it easier.  Maybe this is a "thank you" to collectors from Hasbro for screwing us on the gunpods?  Yeah, probably not - but thank you Hasbro.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 17, 2009, 12:32 PM »
As I've stated before I really like BPs because they set up some classic scene for you. However, that works when you are doing it from the movies, but when we start getting too many BPs based off of 23 minute TV episodes I think they've even lost me.

Birth of Vader-Huge important event in SW universe.
Tatooine- first Jedi Sith duel in forever

The other 2 - a couple of scenes from the TV show. Not really on par with the first two. Cool way to get a lot of cool figs if your a kid but not scenes of enough importance or no new figs for me.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 12:42 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #156 on: September 18, 2009, 03:23 PM »
I just picked up my first Geonosis Assault BP at TRU. The Pod is awesome, much bigger than I imagined. This is what makes me sad with the future of BP's. Some of the best stuff in Legacy has been released in them.

I have 6 Gunships to outfit (Counting the Crumb bomber). I have 4 on preorder from BBTS so I have to track down 7 more......this is going to be a pain and expensive. I really like it alot, once you see it you will never want to look at the Saga mini ones again.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #157 on: September 18, 2009, 03:38 PM »
I remember in 2002 when I complained about the mini turrets how I was ridiculed by people for it, and I got the "you should just be happy they're making these for our gunships at all" speech...  Kind of funny how times change and whatnot.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 18, 2009, 03:42 PM »
I remember in 2002 when I complained about the mini turrets how I was ridiculed by people for it, and I got the "you should just be happy they're making these for our gunships at all" speech...  Kind of funny how times change and whatnot.

Is there an implied "I told ya so" in there? Because I think the statute of limitations for "I told ya so" is only five years so you missed it by two.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 03:44 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #159 on: September 18, 2009, 03:44 PM »
I remember in 2002 when I complained about the mini turrets how I was ridiculed by people for it, and I got the "you should just be happy they're making these for our gunships at all" speech...  Kind of funny how times change and whatnot.

JJ, If it's any consolation I was not on JD in 2002 so I did not ridicule you. :)
While the Gunship is out of scale I still like how it beefs up the Gunship size.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 18, 2009, 04:14 PM »
I actually saw one of the gunpod battle packs at WM today, but I had already picked up a couple of the Evolutions sets, so I had to pass.  Plus, I just couldn't bring myself to spend $25 for that pod, as nice as it does look.  If by some miracle it is still there in a couple weeks, I might have to pick it up.  It is hard to imagine spending $50 for those two pods though, even if the pilots are nice enough figures too.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #161 on: September 18, 2009, 05:30 PM »
I hear ya B. I sold all of my old Pilots and Gunship pods a few weeks ago on ebay and raised about $89 to put towards the new ones. I actually need two sets to complete the gunship in terms of pilots. It take 4 now so it will work out well. Selling older stuff before it's obsolete has been working out pretty well for me. I used the same tactic on my Saga Red BD & Geo to help pay for the Target sets. As I mentioned earlier the glut in one shot makes it difficult for a lot collectors. I cannot wait to move so I can actully set this **** up to enjoy.

According to BBTS this is shipping for the rest of the year so you should be able to find it again. I have to buy everyone I see until I can arm all of my ships. (How sad does that sound?)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 18, 2009, 05:40 PM »
According to BBTS this is shipping for the rest of the year so you should be able to find it again. I have to buy everyone I see until I can arm all of my ships. (How sad does that sound?)

I have about 8 or 9 Gunships myself so I have no clue what I'm going to do.   :(
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #163 on: September 18, 2009, 05:46 PM »

I have about 8 or 9 Gunships myself so I have no clue what I'm going to do.   :(

As long as they're all still in their boxes (and I know they are), you don't have to do thing.  ;D
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 18, 2009, 05:53 PM »
But I'd like to keep the sealed gunpod BP's to go with all of them.   ;)

Kidding...I do have 1 opened, but I'd like to eventually free all of them and have em all properly outfitted.  pipedream