Author Topic: Most Iconic from the OT  (Read 2250 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Most Iconic from the OT
« on: September 19, 2008, 03:27 PM »
I mentioned this while posting in the OT vs PT thread in the prequels section, that the Original Trilogy seems to really have a lot of iconic characters, vehicles, locations, etc. that are recognizable by non-fans and the public in general.  What are the most iconic items to you from the OT, or the things that you think almost anyone in the general public would know?  Off the top of my head:

Darth Vader
The Droids (R2/3PO)
The Soundtrack/Music
Stormtroopers
Lightsaber
Chewbacca
Yoda
Death Star
Millennium Falcon
Han/Luke/Leia
X-Wing/TIE Fighter
AT-AT
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Jabba the Hutt
Boba Fett
Tatooine
the Cantina
Hoth
Endor
Dagobah
Lando Calrissian
Speeder Bikes
Ewoks

I've listed those in a loose order of what is most recognizable, but there are certain things that I think that almost anyone might know.  Vader and the droids are obvious, and I think the main characters in general from the OT are pretty memorable.  The secondary ones like Yoda, Lando, and Boba Fett are also fairly well known.  I know those that don't even know the movies that well will reference some things, for example - not necessarily nice or appropriate, but I would hear people reference someone/something fat or big as "Jabba".  Winter weather sometimes brings about Hoth references, things like that.  Or there are memorable scenes people might remember from each movie like the Hoth battle, speeder bike chase, the trench run.  Anyways, what are your most iconic images from the Original Trilogy?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Most Iconic from the OT
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 10:24 AM »
Sure there are lots of icons, but the true icons are the items/characters that are known, even if you've never seen Star Wars. Based on that criteria, I'd say Darth Vader, R2 D2 and the Millennium Falcon are at the top of the list.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Re: Most Iconic from the OT
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 10:57 PM »
Darth Vader
Chewbacca
Yoda
R2-D2
C-3PO