Author Topic: It's a trap!!  (Read 2797 times)

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
It's a trap!!
« on: October 8, 2008, 02:14 PM »
Just finished watching ROTJ for billionth time and it struck me that when Lando says Han will have that shield down we gotta give him more time, how does he know they weren't already captured and THAT is how the Imps trapped them in the first place.  Wouldn't you think Han's mission failed and the whole reason that the DS is jamming them and they're now surrounded by STD's that someone on Han's team was interogated and spilled the beans.  Strategically wouldn't you run instead of waiting around and see if eventually the shield fails, as it was they were just captured by the Imps when the fleet exits hyperspace.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: It's a trap!!
« Reply #1 on: October 8, 2008, 04:00 PM »
I would expect that they would have been greeted with a recording of Vader standing over a bound Han Solo demanding the surrender of the Rebel Fleet, if it was the case that they'd already been captured.  But what was being jammed was the sensors that said whether the shield was up or down.  If the Imperials wanted the Rebels to surrender they wouldn't have bothered to jam that reading, they wouldn't have jammed.  They would have demanded a surrender, or simply attacked.
I am not the Stig

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
Re: It's a trap!!
« Reply #2 on: October 8, 2008, 04:08 PM »
I would expect that they would have been greeted with a recording of Vader standing over a bound Han Solo demanding the surrender of the Rebel Fleet, if it was the case that they'd already been captured.  But what was being jammed was the sensors that said whether the shield was up or down.  If the Imperials wanted the Rebels to surrender they wouldn't have bothered to jam that reading, they wouldn't have jammed.  They would have demanded a surrender, or simply attacked.

Ya but the Imperial didn't want to catch them they wanted to destroy them, and if it wasn't for Lando's quick think they all would've splattered like bugs on a windshield against the sheild.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge