Author Topic: JD Fantasy Basketball 2008-09  (Read 15973 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Basketball 2008-09
« Reply #45 on: February 5, 2009, 09:35 PM »
Redd's gone for the year. 

I'll see your Redd and raise you an Elton Brand - gone for the season :'(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #46 on: February 8, 2009, 10:00 PM »
Redd's gone for the year. 

I'll see your Redd and raise you an Elton Brand - gone for the season :'(
Al Jefferson? :-\ :-\

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 8, 2009, 11:43 PM »
Sure, why not ::)  Maybe we can add Mike Dunleavy to it as well.

Stick a fork in me, I'm done.
(yeah, probably have been for a while but this cinches it)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 9, 2009, 03:14 PM »
Yeah, I'm done.  After practice today the Tpups announced Jefferson is out indefinitely with a torn ACL.  I can't see any reason for them to bring him back this year, it would be stupid to do so.   :'(

No news on Dunleavy at this point but really it doesn't matter to my team anymore. 

Awesome stuff, I think I may just bench all my players and sit at the bottom of the league and see if I can't get the lowest possible score. 

Draft recap:

1. Elton Brand - dud, but gone for the season with shoulder injury.  Shoulda taken Nowitzki.

2. Allen Iverson - drafted him as a scorer, he gets traded to defensive minded Pistons (relative to Denver)

3. Al Jefferson - stud, gone for season with ACL injury

4. Jason Richardson - leading scorer on his team traded to the slowed down version of the Phoenix suns - some signs of life lately, but too little too late

5. Brandon Roy - traded for Antawn Jamison for more size, both are studs

6. Andre Miller - doing very well thank you, though many better PGs

Rest of draft matters little.  Derrick Rose has been handy most of the time.  Picked up Dunleavy and Ellis, the former hurt his knee last night, the latter has a sprained ankle.  Both are the injured limbs that kept them out of the first half of the season. 

Can't do much when you have little success until round 5.  Good luck to the rest of ya, I'm concentrating on hockey.  And golf. 

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 9, 2009, 08:53 PM »
That's a bummer.  Things you really can't control such as injuries and trades (especially ones that impacts the play and playing time of the individual) can really mess things up for a fantasy team.

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2009, 06:32 PM »
it drives me crazy that without hardly any injuries, i am still barely ahead of anyone.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2009, 06:50 PM »
I think I just $uck as a manager.  Take for example yesterday.  Almost everyone I played (7 positions) basically decided to take a day off on the court.  Richard Jefferson, who performed most positively, of course I sat on the bench.  It sickens me.

Would anyone like to help me out with a trade?  I need help in 3PTs, assists, steals, and blocks.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2009, 01:00 AM »
Still no word on Dunleavy but......

ESPN rumor is T-Mac is done for season needing microfracture surgery on his knee. 

Now, no great loss in certain respects given a 9th round choice, but I am getting a mite tired of this.  Dunleavy is probably gone too, considering all the silence. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2009, 10:19 PM »
Some word on Dunleavy - "out indefinitely"  ::)  The Pacers coach is quoted as saying he doesn't know what that means.  Yeah, ok.   :-X

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2009, 03:57 PM »
Some word on Dunleavy - "out indefinitely"  ::)  The Pacers coach is quoted as saying he doesn't know what that means.  Yeah, ok.   :-X

I feel for you when the likes of Al Jefferson or Elton Brand goes down.   Those are real cornerstones of the team and makes things rough.  I lost Yao and Kaman in February last year and barely limped to the finish line to hold on for the trophy when I should have won by 10-12 points.

But Dunleavy is really another story.  He's not that valuable.  He's really just a scorer (figure 17-19 PPG at his best) and doesn't really do anything else too well except maybe bang in some 3's.  There's got to be 10 that I've claimed off waivers or are still on waivers that are more valuable than Dunleavy.

No doubt you got rocked and riddled with injuries on this team, this year.  But Dunleavy really is just so easily replaced it hardly requires mentioning.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 03:59 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2009, 06:39 PM »
the fantasy page shows kobe to be injured, but i don't see any reports of that? is it new news or a mistake?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2009, 04:41 PM »
the fantasy page shows kobe to be injured, but i don't see any reports of that? is it new news or a mistake?

As far as I can tell he's fine.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2009, 08:55 PM »
Arenas might start in tomorrow's game against Detroit.  Wonder how he will fit in with the rest of team in a real game.  I'm not sure why I even kept him on the squad this whole time.  I could have really used another decent guard and some of his stats.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2009, 12:06 AM »
You could have had Iverson.  Oh wait, you said decent guard.  My bad.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 4, 2009, 04:00 PM »
Completing the trifecta of my first three picks - gone for the season: Iverson.  Yeah, he's been 'gone' for some time and actually has been out since mid-late February, other than three games.  Certainly his play didn't warrant a second round pick this year (biggest bust of the draft?) but this is the first time in fantasy sports I've ever had 1-2-3 go down and miss 20+ games each in a season.  Looking forward to next year and thank goodness for hockey.