Author Topic: Legacy Wave 7 - Attack of the Clones  (Read 46307 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 7 - Attack of the Clones (Spring 2009)
« Reply #90 on: May 29, 2009, 01:18 AM »

Wow looking at this picture I think the body under that coat would make a GREAT base for a Banniss Keeg figure. All they have to do is repaint it and throw on a new head and hands. Interesting. :)

Originally I wasn't tremendously excited about this wave but it's starting to grow on me....
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #91 on: May 31, 2009, 10:38 PM »
I got my figures on Friday...first thoughts...

Obi-Wan Kenobi 10 out of 10...the only gripe I have is that they did not include a robe with him.  Otherwise, he is absolutely fan ******* tastic.  I'll probably get 3-4 more of these bad boys to replace a lot of the Saga I crap on my shelves.  Looking back at alot of the Episode II stuff it just sucks the route the Hasbro team went during that movie.  Preposed action laden crap for the most part.  And yet...there isn't a whole ton left to do SA and this OWK fills a huge hole.

The Larses  I've never really cared for their scenes in the two movies but Owen's figure is again great.  Beru is nice and its nice to finally fill a couple of much needed holes on the shelf (Ep II Tatooine and the end of Ep III)

Concept Anakin  I really don't care for the figure that much and the plastic cape is very POTF2ish...meh

Captain Typho Neat figure...hopefully they can reuse for more Naboo soldiers down the road.  No holster but well articulated and I like the removable hat.  

Tarados  Another meh on my list.  I'm not one to go gaga over the Arena scene (and the ROTS temple scene) but I'm glad to add another Jedi to the ranks.  I think the idea of Weequay, Barada and Nikto Jedi is sort of stupid.  But that's the OT purist in me.

HK-47 Neat, again not high on my list of wishes since I don't generally play SW video games and I don't own a X-Box but he is well done and I know others will like him

Sooo...IMO...get as many Obi Wans as you can.  The Larses if you want to fill some shelves or scenes.  Typho is a good solid figure and so is Tarados, they just aren't that exciting for me.   The issue I see here is huge pegwarming potential that will hopefully be minimized by being the last wave of the Legacy blue cards as well as the general scaling back of production.  Otherwise the Larses and Typho could be uber plentiful until Christmas :-\ (One could also hope for a Target DCPI change too I guess with the new cards)

Oooh...and Jango is still as purple as Barney,
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 10:40 PM by Scott »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #92 on: May 31, 2009, 10:46 PM »
One other thing...Hasbro needs to go and have the guy who sculpted Obi-Wan's head give a go at Luke Skywalker.  Whoever has been in charge of him has been screwing the pooch continually forever.  At it sucks...this new OWK is eerily lifelike and nails Ewan McGregor to an absolute T

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 1, 2009, 09:28 AM »
Thanks for the mini reviews Scott.  I'm supposed to be getting this wave via BBTS today, so I'm looking forward to it.  The Obi-Wan is the figure I was looking forward to the most, so I'm glad to hear that it is pretty impressive in person.  I can see your point about much of the rest of the wave being pegwarmish, maybe the last wave syndrome will help that out.

As a side note, I agree with you about the Saga I figures.  I've been going through storage bins lately, looking for things to sell or just general condensing, and man that was a low point for collecting (at least for me).  Some of the figures look nice enough (as mini statues), but the overall quality of the figures was pretty poor - especially when compared with today's offerings.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 1, 2009, 10:13 AM »
The variant Hoth trooper and ugnaught were not offered?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #95 on: June 1, 2009, 11:36 PM »
Wow!!! I just got this wave today from BBTS and I have to say this is one of the finest waves ever. While the character choices are not the most popular all were done very well. all are SA and have soft goods except the Anakin. even the repacks were good. HK-47 rules.

This is a nice change since Wave 3 & 4. The last two wave were executed very well. This wave should help rebound the Legacy line. I plan on buying many duplicates for customs, I just bought more on ebay, I love this wave.

Did I mention how much I love this wave?
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 2, 2009, 01:06 AM »
Yeah, they're damn good.  It's one of the better waves I've seen them make.

Gotta love the HK droid too.  I just love variety in my droids.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 3, 2009, 10:13 AM »
I received this wave via BBTS on Monday, and got a chance to open these yesterday.  Nice wave overall, but like Scott mentioned, the Obi-Wan is the definite winner.  Just a great figure all around, and may be in the running for one of the best of the year I think.  Long overdue, and it makes me look forward to the upcoming TPM one even more.  The rest of the wave is pretty well done too I think, if not a little boring.  It will be interesting to see how they do at retail though.  Aside from the Obi-Wan, I think the Typho and Owen Lars are a couple of my favorites of the wave.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 4, 2009, 01:10 AM »
I agree, the Obi Wan is definitely the best version of him yet... really captures the character perfectly.

I do think that Owen is pretty damn well made too though... so is Beru... hell, Typho is amazing as well.  Tarado Gon would be great if the tunic area was more like Kenobi's with part of it being plastic.

Anakin is probably the biggest stinker in my opinion.  I like concept figures and all, but this one is really bland. 

Oh yeah, the HK droid is outstanding in my opinion... if you don't want your Scott, I'm interested in it.  I'd really like to have a few of these.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #99 on: June 4, 2009, 04:46 PM »
The only aspect of Obi I do not dig as I mentioned before are the ball jointed hips, it make the figure look a little frumpy. Definitely not a fan of that kind of articulation, it's also limiting for customs.

I want to make about 4 HK's, I have two down with some spare parts for the next two. This wave wet my appetite for new figures, starting to get excited about the line again. Once the Joe movie tanks and that line dies I will be back to 100% SW again as will many other collectors, hopefully the SW lull will be over and we have a new live action line to wait in line for at midnight.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 11, 2009, 06:20 PM »
Scored the whole wave's worth of new figures at a mom & pop shop today.  Even though I haven't opened any of these yet, this is easily one of the best PT Obi-Wan's I've ever seen.  Didn't see the reissue figures from this wave though.  Strange.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #101 on: June 12, 2009, 01:31 PM »
Scored the whole wave's worth of new figures at a mom & pop shop today.  Even though I haven't opened any of these yet, this is easily one of the best PT Obi-Wan's I've ever seen.  Didn't see the reissue figures from this wave though.  Strange.

They even sculpted the mole/pimple/mump thing above Obi's eyebrow. The Head sculpt is pretty much flawless, it really is up there. It's a shame it does not fit the Legacy Clone armor Obi with need a mod fit.

Offline clonebuyer111

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 14, 2009, 05:12 PM »
I like HK-47 too. I got this wave from bbts just for him.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 14, 2009, 06:02 PM »
HK-47's sculpt seems like it might be a hint of things to come with the new Battle Droid sculpt.  The legs seem a little reminiscent of Battle Droid legs.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #104 on: June 14, 2009, 07:26 PM »
If anyone is not going to keep the BAD parts, please PM me.

This is the only wave I'm purposefuly getting everything so I can build the HK-47.
This is the way.

I have spoken.