Author Topic: Legacy Wave 7 - Attack of the Clones  (Read 46387 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 7 - Attack of the Clones (Spring 2009)
« Reply #105 on: June 22, 2009, 02:17 PM »
Someone on 'scum reported finding this wave at a WM outside of Philliy.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 22, 2009, 04:31 PM »
I got the whole wave on Friday from HTS. Used a code to, to save on shipping. Ended up being just about retail.

I'm happy with HK-47. Only complaint is swivel shoulders instead of ball jointed. But he's just fine otherwise.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 23, 2009, 04:50 PM »
I got the whole wave on Friday from HTS. Used a code to, to save on shipping.

May we please have this code?
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 23, 2009, 07:41 PM »
I was going to try it... I tried the SW2009 code and it didn't work.

Also, Anakin was out of stock which made it a less attractive option.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #109 on: June 23, 2009, 11:05 PM »
I used SW2009 and I received a discount.  The only downside was no Anakin, but I'm patient.

I did get 5 Obi-Wans though!   :o
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 24, 2009, 02:17 AM »
I got my set from HTS on saturday. Overall this wave is great.  I see about 2 more Obi-Wans in my future.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #111 on: June 24, 2009, 10:38 AM »
This is a really good wave.  At first I was dubious about the use of soft goods on most (all) of these figures, but these have turned out very well.  i'll be getting some more Obi Wan's as well, for dioramas.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 24, 2009, 09:26 PM »
I scored this wave a couple of weeks ago.  Some quick impressions?

BD# 044 - Obi-Wan Kenobi - The best AOTC Obi-Wan ever made.  Up until now the only decent version had been from 2003/04 with the Outlander nightclub bar and NO LIGHTSABER.  This figure is a vast improvement over that version.  And it's got more articulation than we're accustomed to seeing with most Jedi, as this figure introduces ball jointed hips.  The commlink is a very nice added accessory.  The only negative?  I think this version should have included the brown robe.

BD# 045 - Beru Whitesun - A nice addition to the line, and complete with a pitcher for some tasty blue milk!  It's a good, representative sculpt.  But I would've preferred a ROTS version first, with her cradling baby Luke.

BD# 046 - Owen Lars - Well done figure.  It might have benefitted from some ball jointed ankles, but the sculpt might have made that prohibitive.  The rifle seems like an appropriate accessory.  But in this case it seems like it was added for play value and not any kind of scene accuracy.  The softgoods coat is a bit big and poofy though.

BD# 047 - Captain Typho  - An excellent rendition of Captain Typho in his dress uni.  And I think this figure is significantly better than both the pilot version of 2002 and even the Episode I Captain Panaka.  It's got appropriate levels of articulation and the sculpt is dead on.  Then there's the accessories.  The removable hat is a nice touch, as are the commlink and blaster.  Both of those will attach to Typho's belt.

BD# 048 - Anakin Skywalker - CONCEPT ART FIGURE  - This isn't the concept Anakin Skywalker that I would have preferred to have been offered.  But the artwork that inspired this version does strike a balance between the Anakin of the prequels and Vader.  Not a big fan of the molded cloak though.

BD# 049 - Tarados Gon  - A cool addition to the ranks of the Jedi who fought in the Geonosis arena.  Tarados Gon is what I think should be the standard in Jedi figures.  Well articulated all the way around, featuring the softgoods skirt, and decently sculpted.  But lacking the softgoods robe.  IMO that should be a standard feature for Jedi figures.

BAF - HK-47 - Knights Of The Old Republic - This is definitely one of the more unique BAF droids to come out in the Droid Factory series.  HK-47 has a reasonable ammount of articulation.  And for the first time we've got a BAF droid that comes with a weapon!  That one is packed with the droid's head.  The only picking point I have is that the figure is more red than the rusty appearance it has in the KOTOR game.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline I Just Sithed My Pants

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 26, 2009, 02:50 AM »
Bought all of Wave 7 except for concept anakin and obi-wan, because they didn't have them.  I also found AOTC Anakin.  Found at Target.  I have had really good luck at Target for the last few waves.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 28, 2009, 10:09 PM »
But lacking the softgoods robe.  IMO that should be a standard feature for Jedi figures.

I agree Nick, and thanks for the review.  My current workaround for this is to usesome robes from my ANH Obi-Wan that did not need them in certain scenes I set them up in (like the Millenium Falcon scenes) and put those on my AOTC Obi-Wans...when they get here.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 30, 2009, 11:28 AM »
I opened all these guys up last night. I have to say, although not all the figures are my favorite characters, all of them (including the BAD) are outstanding figures. One of my personal favorites is Typho.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 3, 2009, 10:46 AM »
One of my personal favorites is Typho.

Mine too.  I picked up Typho, Anakin & Obi-Wan yesterday at Target.  Typho is definitely my favorite out of this wave.  AOTC Owen & Beru are pretty boring figures.  Emo Anakin is cool, I guess.  Obi-Wan is awesome, but Typho was just all around nicely done. 
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 3, 2009, 12:41 PM »
I can't wait for my HTS order to show up!   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 3, 2009, 02:24 PM »
Typho is definitely my favorite out of this wave... Typho was just all around nicely done.  

One of my personal favorites is Typho.

BD# 047 - Captain Typho  - An excellent rendition of Captain Typho in his dress uni.  And I think this figure is significantly better than both the pilot version of 2002 and even the Episode I Captain Panaka.  It's got appropriate levels of articulation and the sculpt is dead on.  Then there's the accessories.  The removable hat is a nice touch, as are the commlink and blaster.  Both of those will attach to Typho's belt.

Am I the only one taking points off for Typho being about 3/4" too short?

Stand him next to any regular sized figure.  The legs and torso are both way too short, but especially the legs, and it makes the figure look terrible next to the other ones.

It would have been good other than that, but now it's basically ruined.  I was going to do a bunch of head swaps and make some Naboo troops, but oh well.
« Last Edit: July 3, 2009, 02:25 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 3, 2009, 07:10 PM »
Am I the only one taking points off for Typho being about 3/4" too short?

It is a bummer, but in terms of the sculpt, it really is top notch.  I guess it's the same scenario as 2-1B.  I put Typho on a figure stand to add some height. 
Binders full of astromechs...