Author Topic: Legacy Wave 7 - Attack of the Clones  (Read 46565 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Legacy Wave 7 - Attack of the Clones (Spring 2009)
« Reply #165 on: July 27, 2009, 02:28 AM »
Wow, what a collossal **** up on Hasbro's part.  They haven't done the Hoth Rebel soldier right, ever, and when they finally have done a good figure it's going to be rare?

WTF?

I hate to jump onto the "Hasblow" bandwagon, but they earned the name this time.  It's also ironic how they're not carrying this figure forward in the new line.  There's honestly no reason they couldn't.  They remix how much **** into the line all the time?  They seriously cut back on this one?

Really pathetic to me.

Looks like I'll be lucky to get one figure, much less 40.  I'm not going to be spending a lot on these though.  Basic retail or bust.  I'll get two and cast hats.

For Christ's sake, I CANNOT FIND THE BEARDED one.  Hasbro's dropped the ball on every rebel trooper they've ever tried, in some capacity.  They've done so again.

The figure is so fantastic, they're now not going to give you a good chance to get him!  That makes about as much sense as half the **** they repackage/reship that never moves.  ::)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 27, 2009, 02:48 AM »
For Christ's sake, I CANNOT FIND THE BEARDED one.  Hasbro's dropped the ball on every rebel trooper they've ever tried, in some capacity.  They've done so again.

Sorry Jesse, if I'd realized this earlier I could have grabbed you one.  I went to the Wal-mart near the airport today and they've had all of wave 6 sitting around for weeks.  They had at least 6 of them.  As it stands, I doubt I'll be back out there again before Thursday when the truck comes.  I'll keep an eye out though if you want.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #167 on: July 27, 2009, 03:06 AM »
I'ts not a problem Rob, I found a handful of them.  Nowhere near the total I wanted to acrue, but then again I was kind of relying on Hasbro to get them out there...  Wave 6 is dismally rare around Pittsburgh, still. Rarer than even Wave 7.  Go figure?

Most of the ones I found were Wave 7 repacks actually.

Truly though, the anger I have is all pointed at Hasbro.  It's in their power to make the figure(s) available, especially the clean shaven Trooper who I think we're all wishing we could find relatively easily.  Like I said, every Rebel Soldier ever has been screwed up in some capacity...  The last Endor Trooper's arms sucked, the last Hoth Soldier was short and unarticulated...  Now they get one  truly perfect (to me anyway), and they make it actually a rare figure! 

It's mind-boggling.  Nothing short of that.

They did do the Yavin Guard right I guess...  Mostly.  Still, that was a figure I didn't see many of on store shelves.  Got mine at Hasbro's store.

This is probably the lamest news out of them for a while though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 27, 2009, 11:01 AM »
Woah. That stinks. I too am confident that he will be released in better quantities down the road, but am glad that I don't care about a carded version any more. I even asked one of the Hasbro people about this one since he wasn't displayed and he said that he "should" be coming on the red cards. I probably asked someone who didn't know for sure.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 27, 2009, 12:34 PM »
This does stink.  Like Jesse said, they finally do a Hoth Rebel Soldier up right, and they make it (particularly the more "neutral" one) tough to find.  I picked up several of the bearded one online, but held off going to crazy thinking I'd want more of the 2nd version.  Hopefully it isn't as tough to get as they are thinking, or it gets repacked down the road.  Like it was mentioned, why can't they just cycle this back into the '09 line somewhere else.  Heck, it would fit right in with the Luke Snowspeeder ESB wave coming towards the end of the year.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 27, 2009, 12:55 PM »
I'm going to keep my head planted firm in the clouds and hope they are rolling the other Hoth Trooper, an ultimate Rebel Fleet Trooper and a half dozen or so other OT army builders into a subset of figures all their own.  (Kill Saga Legends and replace it with Armies of the Saga or something   ;D)
I am not the Stig

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #171 on: July 27, 2009, 02:43 PM »
Even Hasblo should understand that these would be perfect in a battle pack or two.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 27, 2009, 03:31 PM »
Even Hasblo should understand that these would be perfect in a battle pack or two.

I'm bettin' we'll see these guys in the Legends line eventually.  I too relly wanted the bearded version more for the fact he has the cannon.  Need some more of those.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 27, 2009, 05:43 PM »
I hate to add an echo in here, but this truly does suck and I don't understand Hasbro's reasoning on this one. I guess I'll have to snag ever beardo I see and just do some head swaps for now.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #174 on: July 27, 2009, 06:38 PM »
Has anyone scored a non bearded version yet?
I want to start hunting.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #175 on: July 27, 2009, 07:15 PM »
Not that I'm aware JOT, but according to Hasbro I guess it would happen soon since they're saying the AOTC wave and all that crap.

I'm really actually hopeful he does make it in as a repack, but that didn't sound likely.  Why?  No F'n clue on my part, as it's the kind of thing they have within their grasp.  I know that's a Legends figure I'd plunk cash down on in a heartbeat.  God knows I've got a ton of Snowtroopers waiting on someone to kill that isn't 3 inches shorter or taller than they are.

I'm hopeful for a repack too, someday, but it pisses me off that they did this thing right finally, and now they're going to screwjob it by making it "rare".

The bearded guy is RARE here, so now a figure I wanted 40 of (the clean shaven dude) is down to hoping I can snag 2 total.  That sucks.  Probably the worst news out of SDCC as far as I'm concerned.

Well, it was certainly compounded by the absurd price people are saying the new WM 2packs are running.  Double the price of something that went on clearance last year?  Where's the business logic in that?  Holy geeze, that's dumb stuff.

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 7
« Reply #176 on: July 28, 2009, 04:38 AM »
It doesn't make sense that they include him in wave 7 yet not the second Ughnaught... though I'd prefer both get a fair chance at being found than not.  :-\ Here I thought I was done checking for TLC blues.

I agree, as someone who DID buy the Wave 7 revision case, it doesn't have the beardless Hoth Rebel in it.  It's the bearded one.  It's not in there.  Hasbro may be in error here, because as the proud owner of this case-- and others have it too-- I can assure you there's no clean-shaven troopers out there in it.

Hasbro are a great bunch of guys, but when it comes to product changes, mistakes are made-- I believe they may have been confused on this one.  I still expect it on red cards.  Or, like with the Imperial Officer and Rebel Trooper POTJ variants (delayed until Saga 2003), these might just come a year or more late.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 28, 2009, 11:08 AM »
Yeah, I think there's some confusion on Hasbro's side as well. The original plan was for both the clean shaven HRS and the 2nd Ugnaught to be in the AOTC wave. Obviously both got bumped. The 2nd Ugnaught seems to be for sure showing up in a later wave, it shouldn't be hard for the other HRS to show up either. Panic over the 2nd HRS guy should be refrained, Hasbro's been proven too on top of it in recent years to stiff us on a particular figure. Look at the Stormtrooper commander.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 28, 2009, 01:57 PM »
Well dangit.  The figure that got me back into collecting will be the reason I abandon collecting for GI Joe. 

This is the POTF2 Death Star Trooper all over again.  Shame really.  I would have built an army of those things.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 28, 2009, 03:44 PM »
I think we're going to see the Hoth Rebel in spades down the line.  They made the investment in the new molds, they'll beat it to death eventually.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda