Author Topic: Legacy Wave 7 - Attack of the Clones  (Read 46377 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 7 - Attack of the Clones (Spring 2009)
« Reply #180 on: July 28, 2009, 04:34 PM »
I think we're going to see the Hoth Rebel in spades down the line.  They made the investment in the new molds, they'll beat it to death eventually.

This is what I'm hoping for.

I wanted maybe 5-10 of the clean shaven one. Rolls eyes.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 28, 2009, 06:07 PM »
Yeah, I think there's some confusion on Hasbro's side as well. The original plan was for both the clean shaven HRS and the 2nd Ugnaught to be in the AOTC wave. Obviously both got bumped. The 2nd Ugnaught seems to be for sure showing up in a later wave, it shouldn't be hard for the other HRS to show up either. Panic over the 2nd HRS guy should be refrained, Hasbro's been proven too on top of it in recent years to stiff us on a particular figure. Look at the Stormtrooper commander.

The conversation I had with Derryl DePriest about this seemed to indicate that they hadn't slotted the figure elsewhere at all.  At least when I spoke with him at SDCC. 

I think Hasbro will make the effort to get the figure out there at some point.  But it may take a while.  I think the logical place for the clean shaven trooper might be in a battle pack.  Especially since it looks like we're in store for a lot of TESB offerings next year for the 30th anniversary of TESB.

But for the time being it's going to be a scarce figure.  I can't say that I've seen a single post in any of the forums where someone had the running change in hand for photos.  Even Brian Semling of Brian's Toys told me he hasn't seen the running change yet, and that was on sunday.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #182 on: July 28, 2009, 08:16 PM »
I received the Concept Anakin (worst figure of the bunch, but not terrible) and was able to complete the HK-47 figure (the reason I got more than just the Obi-Wan from this wave).

The HK-47 is a great figure, but the weapon is kind of odd...no real way for the figure to hold it.  I might go through my weapons stash and see if there's a better rifle for him.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 28, 2009, 10:21 PM »
The conversation I had with Derryl DePriest about this seemed to indicate that they hadn't slotted the figure elsewhere at all.  At least when I spoke with him at SDCC. 

Which is odd since they designed the figure along with the two variants of the Ughnaught, and presented said figure. They could easily pack it in a different wave instead of Clone Trooper A, Anakin, etc. that are fillers.

I think the logical place for the clean shaven trooper might be in a battle pack. 

It could show up there, but I hope it shows up as a carded figure so I don't have to be 2 repack figures to get him.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #184 on: July 28, 2009, 10:59 PM »
I agree.  Hasbro will find a way to get it into the line somewhere - recard, battle pack, exclusive, etc.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 29, 2009, 03:37 AM »

I think Hasbro will make the effort money to and get the figure out there at some point. 

Better.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 7
« Reply #186 on: July 29, 2009, 06:41 AM »
I agree, as someone who DID buy the Wave 7 revision case, it doesn't have the beardless Hoth Rebel in it.  It's the bearded one.  It's not in there.  Hasbro may be in error here, because as the proud owner of this case-- and others have it too-- I can assure you there's no clean-shaven troopers out there in it.

As someone who both both the regular AOTC Wave 7 case AND the Wave 7 Revision case just to ensure that I would get all of the remaining numbered Legacy Collection Blue/White figures to add to my MOC collection - this news out of Comic Con REALLY pisses me off.

My local WalMarts have already gotten this wave in - the one nearest me got in four cases of the Wave 7 Revision 1 mix - they aren't going to get any more of this wave. Our local TRUs gave up on the Legacy Collection with the ANH wave and our local Targets gave up on the Legacy Collection with the ROTS wave.

So until I see one of these clean shaven HRS show up on eBay in the Blue/White packaging, I'm going to hope that Darryl DeRetard (sorry, I'm sure he's a "great" guy, but moves like this show how he DOESN'T get or care about the collectors of the line) was just talking out of his ass when he gave Nick this info.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 29, 2009, 11:33 AM »

But for the time being it's going to be a scarce figure.  I can't say that I've seen a single post in any of the forums where someone had the running change in hand for photos. 

Me neither. That's why I think Hasbro themselves seem to be out of the loop.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 7
« Reply #188 on: July 30, 2009, 04:36 PM »
<snip>

So until I see one of these clean shaven HRS show up on eBay in the Blue/White packaging, I'm going to hope that Darryl DeRetard (sorry, I'm sure he's a "great" guy, but moves like this show how he DOESN'T get or care about the collectors of the line) was just talking out of his ass when he gave Nick this info.

Dealing with factories in China-- and this is something that I've had a little experience with-- can be difficult when it comes to communication.  When it comes to running changes and variations that's where the communication ball gets dropped the most.  Particularly when it comes to the factories not getting the "use this mold with this deco" memo right-- it happens a lot, particularly in the Saga Legends wave, the IG-88 vintage figure's blaster holster, and that new Chewbacca come to mind. 

The original plan in 2000/2001 was to get variant head Imp Officers and Rebel Troopers in POTJ packaging, and they didn't hit until early 2003.  Things happen.  With no clean-shaven Rebel Troopers existing in official Hasbro photography, I'd be willing to actually bet money on the fact that it simply isn't coming on blue cards, period.  Maybe we'll see it in 2010 in whatever comes after red card Legacy, or if we're really lucky, some Battle Pack with multiple variants.

...or maybe in some future Order 66-esque trooper 2-packs... that'd be swell.

As someone who both both the regular AOTC Wave 7 case AND the Wave 7 Revision case just to ensure that I would get all of the remaining numbered Legacy Collection Blue/White figures to add to my MOC collection - this news out of Comic Con REALLY pisses me off.

I got both cases too, and that's why I'm happy it doesn't actually exist yet.  If it doesn't exist it's not like you missed out on something.  If it did exist, well, then yeah I'd get pissy, particularly since the trooper is such a nicely made design.  (I'd probably buy more beardoes if I could find 'em.)
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #189 on: August 3, 2009, 02:15 PM »
I'd happy if I ever saw more than the one Hoth Soldier that I bought, bearded or not.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave ? - Attack of the Clones(2009)
« Reply #190 on: August 12, 2009, 12:56 AM »
Count me in on wanting a new SA Zam Wessel. She's way overdue.

2009 Wave 7 of TLC could have done with a Zam Wesell. Everyone's favorite Clawdite needs a resculpt....with a few accessories. A new Boba Fett would have been nice as well ... why did the 2002 Saga release include Jango's helmet, jet pack, and blasters? Psychotic kid with guns ... kinda freaky.  :o Beru and Owen surely could have been released later on. With the demand for the OT Owen and Beru, the PT releases could have waited for a later wave.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #191 on: August 12, 2009, 01:25 AM »
I don't know...to me, Beru and Lars are the two most interesting figures in this bunch
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #192 on: August 12, 2009, 02:47 AM »
I give it to Obi-Wan, and Typho (who makes a nice army builder).  Obi though is the showstopper.  OUtstandingly realistic sculpt, and above-par articulation. 

Owen and Beru are nice to have, but not the most interesting...  I think they're both executed perfectly though.  I love Owen's terry towl robe too. 

The wave in general is pretty great, and other than Beru/Owen, it's become fairly scarce here.  I really felt it was one of the better balanced with figure types in it though.  Some obscurity, some new stuff, some much-needed resculpt...  The BAD was, thus far, my favorite droid to build as well.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #193 on: August 21, 2009, 11:19 AM »
It's worded a bit strange, but this answer from YakFace's Q&A sure makes it sounds like the "yeah, the factory screwed up" answer that we've been expecting to see when it comes to the Hoth Rebel #2:

This is under the assumption that the factory will not forget to switch over to the new head for the new wave - these instructions were obviously ignored during the Hoth Rebel Trooper run and the results were unfortunately bad. To compound it, we did not catch it until after the (already short) run was over. We can confirm that we are looking at ways of ensuring the Hoth figure gets released again next year.

I guess I can stop looking for him now...  :P  I'll out down my guess that he turns up in that rumored TaunTaun Battle Pack that is already being teased for next year.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 21, 2009, 11:27 AM »
My guess is he'll show up next year as an overpriced exclusive at Celebration V. ::)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!