Multimedia > TV-9D9

The Clone Wars - Season One Discussion Thread

(1/64) > >>

Brian:
Just thought I'd start up a place for us to discuss the new weekly series, starting tonight.  Two new episodes scheduled for tonight: "Ambush" featuring Yoda and some clones, and "Rising Malevolence" featuring Anakin, Ahsoka, and Plo Koon...and I'm guessing some more clones :).  Anyways, feel free to discuss the series here, for those who are watching.  I also just read that the episodes will be available for download on itunes starting tomorrow (new one each week), for $1.99 each.  Just as a heads up for everyone, if interested.

David:
Cool, I'm looking forward to it! ;D

David:
Hmmm...I think that like the movie, there are gonna be some mixed reviews for the show. I personally think it was very enjoyable, very entertaining, and a solid effort to please fans, but not without a couple tiny flaws here and there.

"Ambush" - I loved seeing Master Yoda in this one, his personality really seemed more Empire Strikes Back-ish in this episode than it did in any of the prequels and that was very nice to see. It worked well without seeming too forced. Very, very enjoyable. The ending with the clones' last shot hitting the rocks to destroy the droidekas was pretty awesome. I also liked how Yoda kicked Ventress' ass at the end so effortlessly and how she had to chicken out very similar to the way Dooku chickened out at the end of AOTC. Overall it was pretty excellent, with one exception...the battle droids. Unlike many others, I loved their little moments in the movie and thought they were hysterical; but in both episodes tonight they just went on and on and on and on. It got VERY annoying, and I'm worried that won't be going away any time soon. I still loved them in the movie...but again, it'll get pretty boring week after week.

So yeah, this episode gets an A-. I would've given it a B, but Yoda was just so good in this episode, and I was really happy with that. :)

"Rising Malevolence" - This one was a bit of a mixed bag for me. Not nearly as good as "Ambush," that's for sure. I was pleased with Plo Koon's character, and it was nice to finally hear him talk. I was equally pleased to see General Grievous back to being almost as badass as he was in the first series, after being kind of a bummer in ROTS. Anakin and Ahsoka, well, they're Anakin and Ahsoka. Ahsoka's always gonna bug a lot of people. I think she's tolerable, and her relationship with Anakin was actually fun to watch in this episode. However, this episode was a little boring compared to the previous episode and became a little predictable after a while.

Overall, it was still entertaining. B-.

I Am Sith:
I liked both episodes, although I have to say I liked Yoda's episode more.  I really liked how they incorporated some of his mannerisms from ESB into the character being portrayed in this episode.  Well done overall, and I'm looking forward to more of the stories they showed clips from tonight (like the Kit Fisto/Mon Cal episode).

speedermike:
I actually liked the Battledroid humor.  To me, they seem really demented, not just silly.  Especially during the lifepod hunting scene.  That made them a little scary in my eyes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version