Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season One Discussion Thread  (Read 81963 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Series Discussion Thread
« Reply #300 on: April 29, 2009, 12:03 PM »
For those of you who watched/enjoyed the first season of Clone Wars, I was curious, do you still catch it on reruns now?  I noticed that we still have most of the season on our DVR, and thought it was time to clear some space up and was looking to delete some or most of the season.  Do any of you save and/or rewatch the Clone Wars anymore at this point?  I noticed that this Friday starts the "decoded" episodes, running in order for 22 weeks until the Season 2 premiere from what I understand.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #301 on: April 29, 2009, 12:12 PM »
For those of you who watched/enjoyed the first season of Clone Wars, I was curious, do you still catch it on reruns now?  I noticed that we still have most of the season on our DVR, and thought it was time to clear some space up and was looking to delete some or most of the season.  Do any of you save and/or rewatch the Clone Wars anymore at this point?  I noticed that this Friday starts the "decoded" episodes, running in order for 22 weeks until the Season 2 premiere from what I understand.

I still do, it's been kind of a routine with my wife and me. Most episodes hold up well on repeated viewings and its fun to look for those "easter eggs" I might have missed during their first run. The only this I haven't rewatched in its entirety is the CW movie. The episode have been far better in my opinion.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 29, 2009, 12:23 PM »
I still do, it's been kind of a routine with my wife and me. Most episodes hold up well on repeated viewings and its fun to look for those "easter eggs" I might have missed during their first run. The only this I haven't rewatched in its entirety is the CW movie. The episode have been far better in my opinion.

I actually just watched the CW movie on DVD a month ago or so for the first time since seeing it the theater.  It may have been having seen the entire season first, but I enjoyed the movie a little bit more the second time around.  I still enjoy the series more as well though.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #303 on: May 1, 2009, 09:22 PM »
I agree totally. The series for me has made the movie far more enjoyable especially with the "skyguy" and "snip" **** being far less jarring/annoying than it was initially. I hope the series continues to develop the new and unique stories and characters that the first season got into. The later episodes really seemed to find its legs in that regard and I hope the space battles continue to be a strong plot device as well as those seem to translate the best to maintain the "feel" of what is Star Wars.

Anyone catching the Decoded episode tonight? I'll be watching it but I can't imagine it being all too revelatory as I expect the trivia from the StarWars.com CW episode guides being the source for the pop up info for each episode.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #304 on: May 2, 2009, 02:02 AM »
I didn't find it amazing or anything, but it  had some stuff that was different.  It basically was a cheap way to remarket Season One so people would watch again.  I won't cry if I miss one, but it was fun to watch for the pop-ups.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #305 on: June 1, 2009, 11:38 PM »
I'm loving the Decoded episodes... Just wish I had Tivo or something so I could catch up with everyone else. From the handful of episodes I've seen, though, the series is a bazillion times better than the movie.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #306 on: June 2, 2009, 12:45 AM »
I really liked the movie...  You guys bum me out.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 2, 2009, 01:41 PM »
Caught some of the leaked footage for season 2.  Looks like someone managed to get video of a presentation at Star Wars weekends.  Looks pretty cool.  And there's an increased Bounty Hunter angle.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 8, 2009, 02:20 AM »
Caught some of the leaked footage for season 2.  Looks like someone managed to get video of a presentation at Star Wars weekends.  Looks pretty cool.  And there's an increased Bounty Hunter angle.

Indeed, here is my fav part.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 22, 2009, 12:47 PM »
Hey, question about something related to the show.  When they come back from commercial breaks frequently they'll have a time lapse video of someone painting a mural (there is one with a bunch of Clone Trooper helmets) in the foreground is a urban vinyl style figure that is painted up like Cptn Rex.  I've done a couple searches online and I guess the feel of Cartoon Network was styled by Kidrobot and the little animated guys they have for a lot of the shows (the same shape as the Cptn. Rex I mentioned) are based on his Munny design, I guess they are called Noods.  Anyway.  Is there anyplace to buy a Nood?  I see on Kidrobot's website you can buy Munnys, but not Noods.
I am not the Stig

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #310 on: July 15, 2009, 07:48 PM »
Sounds like Season 1 will hit on November 3rd :)

http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/news20090715.html

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #311 on: July 16, 2009, 12:09 AM »
Yay! :)

I was really hoping to get a DVD set of Season one, rather than the whole crap of a couple here and there. 

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 16, 2009, 10:56 AM »
That's awesome.  I'll be getting the blu-ray version for sure.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 16, 2009, 05:38 PM »
I'm surprised they're actually giving us the COMPLETE season and not pulling a Family Guy and giving us 13 episodes of mix and matched seasons and charging $40.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #314 on: July 16, 2009, 05:59 PM »
I'm surprised they're actually giving us the COMPLETE season and not pulling a Family Guy and giving us 13 episodes of mix and matched seasons and charging $40.

Oh, they are still planning on continuing the "mix-and-match" $20 discs too - the second 4-episode $20 disc is due in September, ahead of this full season 1 set.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender