Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season One Discussion Thread  (Read 81960 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Series Discussion Thread
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2008, 10:04 AM »
The new preview comic for this week's episode, "Rookies", is now up at the Official Site.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2008, 01:06 PM »
I thought that was another excellent episode last night, I'm loving this show! :)

Looking forward to the Search for R2-D2 in two weeks...
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2008, 09:36 AM »
I agree, another great episode this week - and I really liked the focus on the clones as well.  This series, at least so far, has really made them shine.  I've really been digging this series overall so far, its going to be tough waiting two weeks for another episode now ;).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2008, 10:14 AM »
I just noticed that TV.com has the episode title listings for the next five episodes, just thought I'd pass them along:

Downfall of a Droid
Duel of the Droids
Bombad Jedi
The Lair of General Grievous
Cloak of Darkness

There is also a short synopsis for each episode if you click on them individually - I won't post them here for the spoiler sensitive, but it gives you a nice idea of who will be appearing and what is on the way.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 10:16 AM by Brian »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2008, 10:31 AM »
Bombad Jedi

Oh, I can't wait to read people's reviews of this episode...   :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2008, 10:36 AM »
We are 1 week behind in Canada, just watched Destroy Malevolence. Pretty good episode, man those battle droids are nothing but stooges  :D  & Grievous cutting off Dooku... sweet!  ;D

Looking forward to Rookies, hopefully that will air this Sunday.

Oh good god! I just read that Bombad Jedi overview & saw who was in it....

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!  :P

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2008, 12:19 PM »
The Lair of General Grievous is actually episode 12.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2008, 08:34 PM »

Oh good god! I just read that Bombad Jedi overview & saw who was in it....

Meeesa thinks it could be comical indeed.  I'm actually looking forward to the animated take on that.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2008, 09:15 PM »
Jar Jar's brief appearance in commercials seemed a little funnier than Lucas made him out to be, and he's definitely a "cuter" character animated.  I'm thinking, given how cleverly they've taken Lucas' characters and made them fun and more interesting, that the CW3D toon could do good things with Jar Jar in a single episode, or even sneaking him in now and then.  I'm definitely liking the series sso much that I'll gladly given them the benefit of the doubt.

After Episode 1, I didn't feel the same way about Lucas and the Jar Jar character so I figure that must count for something in my own mind.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2008, 09:39 PM »
I'm digging the WWII feel that the show has like the pin-ups on the walls and some other things.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2008, 03:45 PM »
Although we have an extra week to wait for the new episode (nothing this Friday), the Official Site does have the preview up for "Downfall of a Droid".

Offline Theo Zissou

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My myspace page
« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2008, 01:20 AM »
Jar Jar's brief appearance in commercials seemed a little funnier than Lucas made him out to be, and he's definitely a "cuter" character animated.  I'm thinking, given how cleverly they've taken Lucas' characters and made them fun and more interesting, that the CW3D toon could do good things with Jar Jar in a single episode, or even sneaking him in now and then.  I'm definitely liking the series sso much that I'll gladly given them the benefit of the doubt.

After Episode 1, I didn't feel the same way about Lucas and the Jar Jar character so I figure that must count for something in my own mind.

I agree. I'm really looking forward to this episode. I love the look of the animated jar jar. When they make the jar jar figure they need to throw in the jedi cloak :p

Offline Phantom-like Menace

• Youngling
  • The hammer is my penis.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2008, 02:35 AM »
I've been enjoying the series well enough.

I agree with those who feel the clones are really great in this series. I actually think they need to either do more with Cody and Rex or make more clones series regulars. Or, I suppose if they got really crazy they could make non-clone characters more interesting.

I don't have the problem with Ahsoka some people on the Internet seem to have. As mentioned, are the nicknames annoying? Sure. Can I ignore them? Sure. She's not one-tenth as annoying as Jar-Jar. I'm really interested in finding out what happens to her character. I hope she survives Order 66 and goes one on one with Vader. I think they could really do something great with that.

Individually, I've liked all of the episodes, but I think the Malevolence storyline stuck around an episode too long for me. One of those (don't feel like looking to decide which) was my least favorite so far, and my favorite has been Rookies. I loved the line, "Heavy really did hate that place." Rex and Cody got laughs out of me as Rex tried to impersonate a commando droid to get into the outpost.

I pretty much signed up here at JediDefender because it seems like this is one of the few places I can discuss the show without wading through senseless bashing. I can't even talk to my off-line friends about it, because they're stuck in the "Worst Star Wars Ever," "Killing Star Wars," Never Watching Star Wars Again" mindsets that make it nearly impossible to even discuss what I don't like about the show let alone what I do like about it.

Edit: Oh, I forgot to mention that I will be upset if this show doesn't have some Republic Commandos in it, preferably soon. There is some indication that the two scouts who reported the location of the Teth Monestary were Kom'rk and Jaing, two of the Null ARCs from Traviss's books but I don't know if that was the initial intent or if it was decided retroactively.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 02:38 AM by Phantom-like Menace »
I hate softgoods!!!

You're making me apathetic. You won't like me when I'm apathetic. I get big, green, and don't give a ****.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2008, 05:19 PM »
I pretty much signed up here at JediDefender because it seems like this is one of the few places I can discuss the show without wading through senseless bashing.

Heh...  Well welcome aboard TP-LM, and glad you're joining in...  I've read some "discussion" elsewhere too, and basically when all you have is people ******** all over it then you don't have much reason to join in...  I get if you didn't like an episode and you pop in with "why", but to repeatedly, again and again, state you just don't like the series...  What's the point?  Say it once and don't come back to the thread is my opinion...  At some point you begin looking like a troll digging for a fight.

Anyway, on the WW2 aspect of the show...

Anyone catch the "Allied Armed Forces Radio" kinda thing they had going on with the holo-chick playing music and the Clones listening?  Very neat...  Reminded me of Tokyo Rose and the like.  It'd be neat to hear a Separatist one doing some mind-******* with the Clones or something.

I thought Rookies was outstanding too but I found Rex/Cody doing an inspection alone kind of odd.  I'd preferred it being Rex OR Cody with a squad of Clones of their regiment/group doing the inspection...  Two seniors going around just seemed odd, but that's more a nitpicky bitch on my part.

I liked Obi-Wan's "That Cody's a good man" line.  I LOVE seeing the expansion of the relationships characters have, and how it stings more when Cody betrays Obi...  Likewise for next week's epsisode, I loved how Obi-Wan says, "Astromechs are a dime a dozen", poo pooing R2's "death", and Anakin's fist tightening.  I find it fascinating how Obi doesn't give two ***** about losing anyone or anything, while Anakin does...  Kinda makes Obi out to be a prick, which he sort of is in a way anyway, but I digress.

I thought Rookies was outstanding though and really impressive as a single episode.  I'm anxious to see its expansion to the Kamino assault, if there is one.  That'll rock.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phantom-like Menace

• Youngling
  • The hammer is my penis.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2008, 05:41 PM »
Anyone catch the "Allied Armed Forces Radio" kinda thing they had going on with the holo-chick playing music and the Clones listening?  Very neat...  Reminded me of Tokyo Rose and the like.  It'd be neat to hear a Separatist one doing some mind-******* with the Clones or something.

The WWII references are great. I'm a big history buff, and I love WWII, especially the Pacific Theater. As for the Separatists screwing with the clones, I just pictured two clones listening to a battle droid DJ tell them their girlfriends are back home sleeping with their brothers, and the two of them just looking at each other confused. It also makes me think of the line from Saving Private Ryan: (paraphrased) He just said the Statue of Liberty is kaput. It would be cool to see either way.
I hate softgoods!!!

You're making me apathetic. You won't like me when I'm apathetic. I get big, green, and don't give a ****.