Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season One Discussion Thread  (Read 81966 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Series Discussion Thread
« Reply #150 on: December 6, 2008, 02:19 AM »
OK, thanks.  :)  I tend to surf around during breaks, so I guess I missed it.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 6, 2008, 10:17 AM »
I thought last night's episode was terrific! Luminara is an awesome character and the Senate Guards were very cool looking. It was also nice to see at least one episode where Asajj goes on a mission and doesn't **** it up, that was getting kinda boring.

I think so far Rookies is still my favorite, but Cloak of Darkness is a pretty close second. Looking forward to next week's episode with Kit Fisto! :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #152 on: December 6, 2008, 06:00 PM »
I also liked last night's show tremendously.  Luminara is a great character, and it'd be nice to see more of her.  The commandos were cool, and so was Asajj, finally.  I like the show when it focuses less on Obi/Ani and more on the ancillary characters of the saga.  So next week ought to be cool - looking forward to it for a while now.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 6, 2008, 07:05 PM »
Our TV listings do not have Cloak of Darkness being aired tomorrow night so I had to go through an online source to see it.  ;D

Now that was an extremally entertaining episode, the Senate Commandos were neat as with the boarding pods. Luminara was excellent & Asajj was just plain badass. Loved the 3 way bitch fight.  8)

I just wish this show was more than 30 minutes, I could sit through an hour of it.  :)

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 6, 2008, 08:59 PM »
I just wish this show was more than 30 minutes, I could sit through an hour of it. 

pfft. I wish they were 30 minutes, I have been downloading all of them since we dont get them on time up here and all of them have been around 20 minutes long.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 8, 2008, 10:18 AM »
I thought last Friday's episode was pretty good as well.  Again, its nice to see the focus on another Jedi - and the episode was interesting overall.  I really liked the Senate Commandos as well, kind of wish we would have seen them in the movies as well.  Really looking forward to next week's episode, it looks like a good one.  Also, although I definitely don't mind the shift away from the trio of Anakin/Ahsoka/Obi-Wan - isn't it about time Obi-Wan got an episode?  I'm sure its on the way, but he's been largely a supporting (or holographic) character so far - aside from a couple of moments (the fight vs. Grievous).  Anyways, I usually enjoy the ones focusing on someone outside of them more anyways - but I always enjoy some Obi-Wan action.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 9, 2008, 10:21 AM »
The Official Site has the preview up for this week's episode, Lair of Grievous.  Looks like a good one, really looking forward to it.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 12, 2008, 11:06 AM »
Newsarama has a feature up discussing tonight's Grievous-centric episode.  I'm really looking forward to this one, and to seeing Fisto and his new padawan.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #158 on: December 13, 2008, 09:40 AM »
This was a lot of fun.  I think I wanted some more interaction between Kit and Nadar, but what can you do in 30 minutes.  The fight between Kit and Grievous blew away the ROTS fight between him and Obi, but Grievous has become in the course of this the Black Knight.  It's hard to take him seriously.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 13, 2008, 10:12 AM »
The Lair of Grievous was a good episode, I liked the saber duel between Kit & Grievous. I still like Grievous cutting off Dooku in the transmissions, makes Dooku more pissed at him.  ;D

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 13, 2008, 03:08 PM »
I think so far that "The Lair of General Grievous" was by far the best episode of the series.  It shows some of the divisions within the Jedi.  The effort to destroy the Jedi by Dooku setting the trap.  The treachery of the Sith in testing one their so-called allies.  I think it was one of the best crafted stories I've seen.  And when I saw that the Lucasfilm people went to one of the premier Japanese anime writers/directors to help put this episode together?  I was really impressed.  The episode had some of that darkness that's present in anime.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 13, 2008, 03:12 PM »
Awesome, awesome, AWESOME episode! Kit and Nahdar were terrific and the lightsaber duels were very, very cool. By far the best episode so far. :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #162 on: December 13, 2008, 04:38 PM »
It was a good episode, I liked the end where Yoda, Mace and Kit contemplated what this war was doing to the Jedi.  The action sequences were also cool.

I'm curious about next week's episode, but I'm hoping Obi-Wan and Anakin don't actually catch up to Dooku.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 14, 2008, 03:39 PM »
Really liked Friday's episode a lot.  Best I've seen thus far.  Absolutely loved the scenes where Greivous had his legs cut off and he was walking around on his arms like in ROTS.  Also liked seeing the room that had all of his replacement parts hanging from the ceiling...  I'm smelling a future release from Hasbro - Build a Greivous action figure, including authentic battle damage and replacement parts!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Phantom-like Menace

• Youngling
  • The hammer is my penis.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 15, 2008, 07:19 AM »
The lightsaber duels were quite cool, especially when Kit grabbed the second lightsaber. I still can't forgive Episode III for doing absolutely nothing with Grievous's four-armed lightsaber potential.

I think my favorite part of the episode, though, was when the clones fired the grapple lines onto Grievous. The scene seemed to animalize Grievous, like he was just some dumb beast they were taking down.

Of course it was cool to see the Sith engage Jedi in a way where the heroes were basically incidental, just parts of the overall plan and not the actual targets. And it was cool to continue to get episodes about characters other than Anakin, Obi-Wan, etc. It's definitely a strength of this series.
I hate softgoods!!!

You're making me apathetic. You won't like me when I'm apathetic. I get big, green, and don't give a ****.