Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season One Discussion Thread  (Read 81962 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Series Discussion Thread
« Reply #240 on: February 9, 2009, 02:28 AM »
An outstanding episode and it did fit with the opening of the film fairly well...  I'm excited for two new episodes in one week.  This week's though was very well made from a production standpoint I felt.  The way the story took Ani/Obi away and things, and the thoughts of a Clone traitor, and then who it was...  It wasn't exactly a Sherlock Holmes novel or anything but it was still neat, and I thought it was a great military episode too.

It was interesting how a planet under military dispute can turn into this possibly very long-term battle with troops for both sides getting entrenched on it and just basically duking it out too.  This gives an interesting insight into the SW galaxy.  I think a lot of people think of combat as basically the Rebels hitting and running and things, but it shows that forces can embed themselves, and a planet could theoretically be fought over for very long time periods with both sides having fixed "bases" on the planet, and it just becoming a conventional war for a single planet, basically.  It's not like you can just bombard everyone from orbit and "win". 

Stuff like this makes the importance of numerical superiority, and things like the Death Star all the more important.  The DS really would be a decisive tactical advantage, but without that you would be hard pressed to "control" all these planets.  Fighting on planets you don't want to just pulverize could be going on all over the place, and spreading resources thin.  This seems to be sort of something going on in the Clone Wars...  Just from a military POV it's interesting to me.

This episode did set up some of the movie.  Not a lot, and ultimately it just happens to take place before and on the same planet the movie started with, but it does do a slight lead-in with the armor/weapons loss and things.  It could've just as easily been another planet or something, and the story would've worked fine.  I like that it tied the movie to it though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #241 on: February 10, 2009, 04:10 AM »
I didn't like the fact that there was a clone traitor.  It's like when they have a Secret Service agent try to assassinate the President.  It's just not believeable to me.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 10, 2009, 08:59 AM »
StarWars.com has a preview up for the "Ryloth Trilogy" that was apparently shown at NYCC.  I think this is the Season 1 finale (3 parter).  Looks like lots of Mace Windu in these episodes, and they look pretty nifty so far.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 10, 2009, 09:17 AM »
Holy crap! That's looks awesome, lot's of battles & Mace looks like he's pissed.  8)

That one guy on the bridge sounds like Kirk from ST & what's with shooting at Will?  :D

Blue Shadow Virus looks interesting.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 10, 2009, 08:53 PM »
Really looking forward to some Mace Windu action! ;D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #246 on: February 10, 2009, 09:14 PM »
Deifnitely a nice looking sequence of episodes coming up, and a great way to close out the season.  I'm geeked to watch that 3-parter.  I like seeing Naboo have a little action on it too though, other than lame romance between bad actors. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 10, 2009, 10:27 PM »
Thanks for the links guys.  Some great action for sure.  Friday nights has become standard stay at home and watch TV night with entertaining CWs and BSG episodes.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 13, 2009, 10:10 PM »
OH. MY. GOD. :o

Those two episodes were the most hideous additions to Star Wars it has ever been my extreme displeasure to witness. I am stunned those ghastly turds were even be allowed to be aired. I mean WOW. My jaw dropped and stayed down for the entire torturous hour. After every episode, I add new characters to my wishlist in the Clone Wars section, but this time I don't think I'm gonna bother.

WOW.

All I can say is that the Ryloth trilogy had better be pretty damn good to make up for the **** they put us through tonight. Because that was just unfuckinbelievable. :P
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #249 on: February 13, 2009, 10:39 PM »
I agree. Utterly forgettable. Jar Jar continues to be the turd in the punchbowl of the Saga..

They need to have a massive space battle episode done in the style Master and Commander or the battle of Midway.

Imagine having swarms of Vulture Droids and Pod Hunters going kamikaze into the bridges, gun emplacements, engines and hanger bays of a few Republic Cruisers. The episode then focuses on one of the cruisers to tell the tale of the survival and sacrifice of its crew. They know that their ship is all but lost, they evacuate aside from a few brave souls who stay on board to disable the navi-computer and then go to lightspeed head long into the Separatist fleet, sacrificing themselves to save the rest of the Republic fleet.

I think that could be a little better than Jar Jar getting his tongue stuck in the dome of an Astromech and subsequently toppling a bunch of shelves.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 13, 2009, 11:02 PM »
I wonder if I should even spend the hour watching it tonight???  May be, I'll just catch up on some reading instead ;).

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 14, 2009, 10:40 AM »
they evacuate aside from a few brave souls who stay on board to disable the navi-computer and then go to lightspeed head long into the Separatist fleet, sacrificing themselves to save the rest of the Republic fleet.

Can two of the brave souls be Ahsoka and Jar Jar? :D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 15, 2009, 01:08 PM »
Just watched the double flick episodes. Jar Jar the buffoon numpty to get blaster training to sharpen his skills. Oh pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!  ::)

Tho it was nice to see almost an hour, it was not the best.   :-\

Next week looks like Yoda is badass!  8)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 15, 2009, 01:16 PM »
So are they just re-running "Ambush" next week?
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 15, 2009, 01:22 PM »
I did end up watching the 1 hour/2 episode run, and the only thing I really got out of it was Anakin was starting to show his uncontrolled anger and feelings toward Padme more.  I'm not sure why Jar Jar is getting so much air time, but his goofiness and character is annoying.