Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season One Discussion Thread  (Read 81964 times)

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Series Discussion Thread
« Reply #270 on: March 13, 2009, 08:43 PM »
It was the two nicer episodes after that disastrous Ep 17 in Naboo.

I love space battle, so I was cheering Ashoka in her 1st try as pilot leader, poor little one  :), the next Ep, well, I love Cloninni chapters as well, pretty little Twilek, the Clone was attached to the little one, probably he will have a son like RC Darman of Omega squad if he survives the odds  :)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #271 on: March 13, 2009, 10:52 PM »
Tonight's episode was pretty mediocre when compared to the first 2 in the arc. I thought the Droid Bombers were cool - another nice nod to the OT. Mace was good, as were his troops but the rest of the characters were boring.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #272 on: March 14, 2009, 12:14 AM »
It was nice to see Mace, but tonight was hugely anti-climactic and hugely pointless.  That bridge?  You've got air support... and space ships that have established air superiority... so what matter is a bridge to Minas Tirith?  I mean Ryloth City?

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 14, 2009, 12:43 AM »
I have to see it tomorrow, dont have cable yet hehe...

I will be more focused in the Scout RT drivers than anything else  :)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 14, 2009, 08:16 PM »
Just watched Liberty of Ryloth, yeah the bridge thing was WTF. Bridge on... bridge off... bridge on... etc. Could have use a ship to get in. As for Mace, the force was strong with him.

Clip up for Hostage Crisis

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 14, 2009, 11:46 PM »
Nice Episode, Windu is one of my favorite Jedies.
Nex Ep cool to see Aurra Sing (But I would prefer her in an event with Ki-Adi-Mundi & the Jedi Tusken father/son Sharads ....
Can't help to notice that they are re-using the same actor's voice of Dukoo for the Blue guy  :P
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 01:56 PM by Theta 288 »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 16, 2009, 09:21 AM »
I enjoyed the end of the Ryloth trilogy, but agreed on the bridge stuff.  Mace did come off as pretty cool in the episode though I thought, and I liked the use of the AT-RT walkers.  It seems like this series has done a good job of showcasing a lot of the vehicles from the prequels and making them look cool, as we just got short glimpses of them in the movies.

The season finale, hostage crisis, looks like it could be pretty cool.  Definitely looking forward to it.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #277 on: March 17, 2009, 05:08 PM »
I liked the idea of the plasma bridge, actually.  Ryloth till then had been shown as kind of a backwater lame world, but the city they were assaulting was clearly a more modern and sci-fi looking place, and I thought it was pretty interesting...  The greed thing that wound up keeping the bridge open/up was interesting from a story point of view too.

But really I thought the plasma bridge was a cool piece of technology...  Much better than them using some kind of drawbridge type thing.  This seemed much more of a positive sci-fi explanation to me, as to why they have a bridge for protection into the city... 

I thought the whole 3-parter was good.  They're really whoring the new Clint Eastwood Duros...  I see Aurra Sing is in this week's episode too.  Interesting for sure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 18, 2009, 07:16 PM »
Newsarama has a little teaser video up for this week's season finale of Clone Wars, looks kinda neat.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #279 on: March 19, 2009, 02:55 AM »
Thanks for the link Brian...

I'm liking him, a LOT.  I'm liking seeing Sing coming up, and generally these other badasses, and what appears to be an episode of pure violence and evil ****.  I like it.  Seems like they want to go out on a more adult note for the season and I couldn't agree more.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 19, 2009, 11:55 AM »
AWESOME preview. I'm really looking forward to this episode!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #281 on: March 20, 2009, 10:54 PM »
Overall I'd give season 1 a solid B+.  I still think the concept of Anakin having a Padawan is completely asinine and she annoys the hell out of me.  The greatest that is the rest of the stuff far outshines anything Ahsoka ruins.  There is so many cool little things happening all over (like 2 weeks ago when one of the cruisers got shot down coming in to the city) or this week and the inclusion of Aurra Sing.  When random R5 droids pop up or some dude we saw in Episode III is in the background or those cool hybrid Y-wings.  This is the story of cool likeable Anakin which makes his fall in Episode III all the more tragic, to me at least.    What is also neat is there is really a lot more to tell, and the idea of a live action series next year has me as giddy as a schoolgirl.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 20, 2009, 11:59 PM »
That season finale was awesome beyond all reason. I dug the bounty hunters, the Senate Guards, the Droid Commandos, and all the dark violent stuff (the bunny droid getting shot made me fall off the couch laughing my ass off). Cad Bane is excellent and I even liked the little fish guy. Like Jesse said, they're whoring the **** out of him, but it is good to see that he'll continue to play a big role in Season 2.

Great, great stuff. ;D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 22, 2009, 10:34 AM »
Hostage Crisis was pretty good, yeah I laughed when that bunny droid got shot.  ;D

Bane is pretty sneaky & bad ass.  8)

A long wait till next season, hopefully it's as good as the first season.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 22, 2009, 11:27 AM »
I think the season was great.

And whereas I am curious to see where the Anakin/Ahsoka thing will go and end, I really like her and she doesn't ruin anything AND I think kids really like her and this Cartoon Network show is very much for kids.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within