Community > Well of the Souls

Indy 5-New Figures?

<< < (5/5)

Morgbug:
I enjoyed the movie for the most part and will overlook almost everything except the blatant attempt to have Shia Leboeuf replace Harrison Ford as the heir apparent.  Let it die.  If you can get another out of Ford, I'm supportive.

Jesse James:

--- Quote from: Morgbug on June 21, 2009, 12:01 AM ---I enjoyed the movie for the most part and will overlook almost everything except the blatant attempt to have Shia Leboeuf replace Harrison Ford as the heir apparent.  Let it die.  If you can get another out of Ford, I'm supportive.

--- End quote ---

Well said...

LeBouf with the sword thing (trying, so so hard, to replace the whip, eh?), the monkey vine thing, and any myriad of other window-licking events int he movie really hurt it.  And almost all were around Shia's character.  He had his moments, but he's better as Jones' sidekick.  The new short round...  only more able to fist fight people.

If Ford's in I'll go see it and enjoy it probably.  If it's all Shia...  Oofah.  :'(

However...

I welcome any and all attempts to get the toy line back to retail, even if it is short-lived again and only delivers us a couple new waves (including that last unreleased wave).  That would rawk bawlz.

shmashwitdaclub:
In case you missed it in the NYT story:

--- Quote ---“I’m retiring,” Lucas said. “I’m moving away from the business, from the company, from all this kind of stuff.”
He was careful to leave himself an out clause for a fifth “Indiana Jones” film. But otherwise, “Red Tails” will be the last blockbuster Lucas makes. “Once this is finished, he’s done everything he’s ever wanted to do,” says Rick McCallum, who has been producing Lucas’s films for more than 20 years. “He will have completed his task as a man and a filmmaker.”

--- End quote ---

Jesse James:
Colonel Dietrech & Marcus, here we come!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version