Author Topic: Indy 5-New Figures?  (Read 13630 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Indy 5-New Figures?
« on: October 4, 2008, 04:48 PM »
Big article in the LA Times about Lucas and Ford moving forward with Indy 5.  I wonder if we'll get new figs, or if the line was such a disaster that Habsro wouldn't bother.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocomplex/2008/10/harrison-ford-s.html
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: Indy 5-New Figures?
« Reply #1 on: October 5, 2008, 12:29 PM »
I sure hope we get more figures, and I'm sure Hasbro would do it for Indy V. Even in just a single year with a single wave per movie, there's so much more that could be made. There are big holes in the line like Toht, White Dress Marion, German Mechanic, White Suit Belloq, Tux Indy, Lao Che, Red Dress Willie, Donovan, Last Crusade Sallah, Marcus Brody, KotCS Marion, Oxley, and Mac, that desperately need to be filled. :-\

Oh and mine cars. We can't forget mine cars. :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #2 on: October 5, 2008, 09:54 PM »
37 views and only one response?  No wonder this line tanked!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 5, 2008, 11:29 PM »
37 views and only one response?  No wonder this line tanked!

My first thought was "dear god, let the movies die already."  :)  I'm sure I'm not the only one.

If there is an Indy 5 - and for the record I hope there's not despite the fact that I moderately enjoyed Indy 4 - I'm sure Hasbro will have learned the lesson and cut back on production.  I think anticipation for #4 was so high they thought the line was fly off the shelves as Star Wars once did.  But at $7-8 a figure even Star Wars isn't flying off the shelves, and this was bound to have a much lighter fan base (with a shorter span of interest as well).

John

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 6, 2008, 01:12 AM »
I assume they will but hopefully next time they can somehow stay away from glutting stores with the same damn product.  These stores are dumb though and always order way too much of the same intial product.  I think that really killed this line.  That and some of the figures choices were not to good.  I mean who would you rather have a Melty head Toht or Monkey Man first?  Would you rather have Mola Ram or t-shirt Mutt first?  I know they wanted to stick with movies theme, but with this franchise they need to include Indy and the villains or highly recognizeable figures/characters first and the hopefully work from there.    Not that Mutt was not easy to recognize but 2 in one wave was idiotic. 

They really need to focus on what some older collectors want because ultimately they will be the ones to stick with it.  Get that TLC tank out there.  Get Indy with sidecar for dear old dad to ride in.  Get that Flying Wing released.  Stay away from the Jungle Cutter and get the Rocket Sled made.  Make a figure of Dovchencko w/out his hat.  Heck, even add some ants on the guy. 

In the end maybe they are right though.  Perhaps the fanbase just is not big enough.  No kids are into Indy.  It's just us old fogies primarily. 

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 09:27 PM »
I think Indy V is the only way we will see the rest of the RotLA figures made.

They will release two cases of figures: Case #1: RotLA Wave #2; Case #2: Indy V Wave 1

After that I would be willing to bet that they'll try a 3rd wave that brings in figures from all of the other previous movies, characters such as Donovan, Marcus Brody, Mac, Marion (from Crystal Skull), Dietrich (if he doesn't get squeezed into Case #1 above), Oxley, Willie (red sequin dress), Indy in tuxedo, Lao Che, etc... - it will be a wave of figures that they want to do, not a movie themed wave 'cause that would back them into a corner when it came to character choices.

I think they'll also release a few deluxe figures, perhaps they'll even try to give us things like a ToD Mine Cart or TLC Motorcycle w/Sidecar.

Let's hope we don't have to wait 10 years to find out!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2008, 09:33 PM »
It'll be back.

And we'll probably see this round of figures again when it does come back.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2008, 10:32 PM »
It'll be back.

And we'll probably see this round of figures again when it does come back.

Yikes, that'd be terrible! :'(
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 09:20 AM »

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 03:59 PM »
SWEET!!!
I stocked up on $1 figures at Wal-Mart and use them for custom fodder, I would love to have more!!!

Seriously I really took advantage of $1 figures. I actually liked this line and would not mind seeing it again. retailers will have a tough time time taking it again, it would definitely be a smaller offering than the first go round if it sees the light of day. Tooling would be a little cheaper for Hasbro as all they really need are new heads for Indy.

But please Mr. Lucas no Tarzan vines or Nuked Fridges.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2009, 02:09 PM »
The only good that can possibly come of this is the release of the lost Raiders figures.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2009, 03:37 PM »
And possibly other original 3 waves too...  But yeah, that "lost" Raiders wave?  We'd better get that first.

And hows about they try for ONE Shia Labouf figure first...  Don't go ape**** like last time.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2009, 11:21 PM »
They could even rerelease the ToD figures to retail... I'd kill for more Thugees
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2009, 09:42 AM »
They could even rerelease the ToD figures to retail... I'd kill for more Thugees

Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing those get re-released either.  I never saw any of them at any sort of retail, and I was glad I preordered them online.  One of the best waves of figures Hasbro has ever put out I think, and I'd like to see them again.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2009, 09:54 AM »
Ah, there may be hope for the TOD and ROTLA waves after all.  Let's just hope this next movie doesn't stink on ice!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback