Author Topic: CW "Jabba's Palace" Battle Pack  (Read 20986 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Jabba the Hutt Battle Pack.
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2009, 10:16 AM »
Hopefully poor sales won't hurt the chances of the "ultimate" realistic Jabba set hitting some day.

Hopefully poor sales will cause Hasbro to think twice on all of these price increases.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2009, 11:36 AM »
Hopefully poor sales won't hurt the chances of the "ultimate" realistic Jabba set hitting some day.

Hopefully poor sales will cause Hasbro to think twice on all of these price increases.

Here here!

Battle Packs shouldn't be more than $20. A droid, and Jabba and the hooka stand should be $15 at most $20. Hearing that it's being sold for $26 is just plain ridiculous.  Even the Yavin set while nice (though I have yet to get it), is still over priced. Three figs, two of which are all reused part (but for the head sculpt of the pilot) and a simple cart...for $26? We used to get FIVE figures for $20. So taking into account the swap out of two figures for the cart in that case, I still can't see why the set needs to be $26. Greed, in a time when people can't afford this stuff as much. Make it more palatable for the masses by bringing the price down. Sure they wouldn't make as much profit per piece. But if these are not selling, then the retailers will balk at this stuff and not order as much. Then where would Hasbro be? Lower price per piece should mean more sales, bigger orders by retailers, etc.

The price point per figure has me cutting way down on what I collect. My self imposed budget restrictions aside, I've barely bought any SW this year. Choice of characters and availability aside, I just find it hard to justify $8 per figure when I can get much bigger and often better figures from other toy lines for the same of a dollar or two more. Halo figures as an example.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2009, 12:12 AM »
They won't though.  They will just say that collectors or people are not interested and drop them alltogether. 

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2009, 04:48 PM »
They won't though.  They will just say that collectors or people are not interested and drop them alltogether. 

And they'll do this before a nice ROTJ Jabba was to be introduced.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk