Author Topic: CW "Jabba's Palace" Battle Pack  (Read 21026 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Jabba the Hutt Battle Pack.
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2009, 01:54 PM »
I think for an animated version it looks pretty good. It gives me high hopes for the OT set.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2009, 03:29 PM »
I think it looks pretty good.  Although the arms do look a little scrawny.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2009, 06:20 PM »
I think for an animated version it looks pretty good. It gives me high hopes for the OT set.

Let's hope that when Hasbro does a non-animated ROTJ version, they actually do the whole ******* dais this time around.  Sorry to be so crass about it, but Hasbro's been doing the modern SW toys since 1995, this makes at least the fifth different time they've released Jabba in some form, and still no actual dais.  This is essentially a deluxe figure with a bonus protocol droid figure thrown in, and they'll charge the now-standard 22 bucks for a Battle Pack for it.  Alongside the Yavin pack, this is a ripoff.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2009, 12:27 AM »
I can see them giving that Jabba a new upper body/head and selling it as an ROTJ version.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 12:27 AM by inadvertent imitation »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2009, 03:42 PM »
I can see them giving that Jabba a new upper body/head and selling it as an ROTJ version.

Looking at this I thought the same thing
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2009, 09:33 AM »
Hmm, that's a possibility.

I'm thinking about getting this set. Really only for the hooka and possibly the droid, so I wouldn't need the Jabba. If anyone would want to make a deal for the Jabba, LMK by PM.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2009, 08:37 PM »
wouldnt it be easier to just wait for the eventual realistic Jabba bp that was rumored to come out later this year? its probably gonna be the same as this thing.. :-\
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2009, 10:50 AM »

That makes perfect sense - though the body seems to big for the CW version.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2009, 11:50 AM »
wouldnt it be easier to just wait for the eventual realistic Jabba bp that was rumored to come out later this year? its probably gonna be the same as this thing.. :-\

Yep. I won't be pressing to get this set. ANd if it looks like it's shelf warming then I'll definitely wait.  However if it seems to be flying off the shelves, I may bite on this. Just depends.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2009, 03:31 PM »
pm'd you Sal.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2009, 04:44 PM »

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2009, 08:10 PM »
From anotheR Site's Toy Fair coverage:

David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2009, 08:21 PM »
I want a dias for Jabba.  That was one of the coolest things about the vintage version IMO - not that it leaves any hope for a new one for the Legacy edition though.  Nice looking set though for what it is......where's the "tongue" action though for this dude?  Mouth is too far open.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2009, 11:02 PM »
I just hope that Nikto comes with the set.  Some pictures include him, some don't.  I like it either way, but two figures are always better than one.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2009, 09:17 AM »
I want a dias for Jabba.  That was one of the coolest things about the vintage version IMO - not that it leaves any hope for a new one for the Legacy edition though.  Nice looking set though for what it is......where's the "tongue" action though for this dude?  Mouth is too far open.

There's a part of me that is starting to think we'll get a dais of some sort when the OT version of Jabba is released.  They keep saying "worth the wait" when discussing that one, and I'm not sure why they would bother with the alternate reclining legs on the upcoming Slave Leia figure if she didn't have something to sit on.  Plus, they might be able to justify it more with two different Jabba's that could sit on it.