Author Topic: CW "Jabba's Palace" Battle Pack  (Read 21030 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Jabba the Hutt Battle Pack.
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2009, 03:36 PM »
I want a dias for Jabba.  That was one of the coolest things about the vintage version IMO - not that it leaves any hope for a new one for the Legacy edition though.  Nice looking set though for what it is......where's the "tongue" action though for this dude?  Mouth is too far open.

There's a part of me that is starting to think we'll get a dais of some sort when the OT version of Jabba is released.  They keep saying "worth the wait" when discussing that one, and I'm not sure why they would bother with the alternate reclining legs on the upcoming Slave Leia figure if she didn't have something to sit on.  Plus, they might be able to justify it more with two different Jabba's that could sit on it.

I have to agree with you here Brian. I'm going to pass on this set. I really only wanted the dais. The Nikto is cool, but won't look right next to realistic figure. So I'll hope for the dais to be rereleased in a realistic set.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2009, 08:23 PM »
I wonder if that Nikto will be released.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2009, 01:54 AM »
I wonder if that Nikto will be released.

Nope.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2009, 06:34 PM »
I have no doubt that the Nikto Guard will see release at some point in the future. It's a nice looking figure that looks to be pretty far along in development (if not done) - so even if it's not until 2010, I'm sure we'll get that figure eventually. Heck, we haven't seen all of the CW waves for 2009 yet either.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2009, 01:26 PM »
I'd think at some point they'd find a way to get that Nikto out there... I hope so at least.  It's one of the few CW figures that I like the looks of.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2009, 12:46 AM »
It lacks the Nikto figure. The Jabba figure is very animated style, depicted a s a cartoon, this is why his mouth seems to be traced with ruler, a lot angular (from some viewpoint, his mouth needs to ve more curved)

I wonder if the Jabba set from ROTJ would come with a slave Leia, and Oola, Salacius crumb and Bib Fortuna.

Anyway, if they release the rotj Jabba, Hasbro must resculpt the hutt throne.

Offline Hobbie

• Jedi Initiate
  • Astromechs never pegwarm.
    • View Profile
    • Star Wars Astromechs
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2009, 12:36 PM »
I just want that droid.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2009, 10:12 AM »
Saw this in the stores. It's two per case.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2009, 01:13 PM »
I just want the accessories form this set. I don't want/need Jabba or the droid. Problem is, unless Hasbro rereleases this in a realistic set, I doubt I"ll be able to get just the accessories. And I'm sure as heck not going to eBay for it (at least initially) because it's likely that the bids will climb to half or more of what the whole set would cost anyway. I don't think the accessories are worth that much, IMO.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Hobbie

• Jedi Initiate
  • Astromechs never pegwarm.
    • View Profile
    • Star Wars Astromechs
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2009, 02:33 PM »
I just want the accessories form this set. I don't want/need Jabba or the droid. Problem is, unless Hasbro rereleases this in a realistic set, I doubt I"ll be able to get just the accessories. And I'm sure as heck not going to eBay for it (at least initially) because it's likely that the bids will climb to half or more of what the whole set would cost anyway. I don't think the accessories are worth that much, IMO.

Since I just want the droid, all we need to do is find someone that just wants the Jabba and we're all set!

I'll admit that's pretty unlikely, however, since most people who'd want the Jabba would want the same dais pieces you want.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2009, 12:19 AM »
Aren't the accesories from another Jabba? I can't remember which...
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2009, 10:06 AM »
Aren't the accesories from another Jabba? I can't remember which...

Yep. The Saga Deluxe Jabba.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2009, 11:35 AM »
Really? I'm talking about the side structure where the hooka pipe and frog are. I never knew this was done before. If I had, I'd have bought it just for those accessories.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2009, 11:40 AM »
Really? I'm talking about the side structure where the hooka pipe and frog are. I never knew this was done before. If I had, I'd have bought it just for those accessories.

Yep, from back in the Saga days.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2009, 01:43 PM »
So I opened up my Jabba BP last night and discovered something kind of cool about the CW version of the big slug....

Moving Jabba's arms up or down moves his lower jaw to make it look like he's talking/laughing or something.  It was kind of neat to see that he had that sort of flexibility.  Now you can make him laugh at Anakin or eat a frog or whatever you want. 

I'm sure all you action feature haters will hate it, but I thought it was sort of a cool deal. :)

« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 01:44 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender