Author Topic: Another use for the Mcdonald's SW Bobbleheads  (Read 3539 times)

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
  • I find your lack of pants...disturbing...
    • View Profile
Another use for the Mcdonald's SW Bobbleheads
« on: September 14, 2008, 07:21 PM »
I went out and got a Boba Fett one for the sole purpose of seeing if it'd fit on a 1/6 scale figure. (I've been on a Mandalorian bender the last couple weeks...don't ask...)

It doesn't look like much, but after you remove it form the ship (just a little rocking from side to side) and then a lot of grinding and cutting with a dremel, and breaking out the inner pins holding it together with pliers...(luckily i didn't have to glue mine back together.)

You wind up with a serviceable Mandalorian helmet! And it's not really that far out of scale from the last Hasbro 12 inch Boba Fett (the "Vintage OTC" version) Here it is on a Power Team body (thought I'd kill two birds with one stone, and introduce the world to Mini RtB! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!

As you can see i got a little TOO close with the dremel when i was grinding down the inner pins on the helmet. :( Oh well, just Battle Damage! LOL :p

And now, some gratuitous shots of Mini Me...

For anyone who's been wanting it, here's a nice closeup shot of the lightsaber i made from a guitar plug (1/4 inch phono plug...you can get a 2 pk of em at Radio Shack, or Circuit City, wherever you can get electronic components and such...i tore it all apart and reassembled it how i wanted to)

Figures...even without the helmet he has more luck with the ladies than I do :(

I think this shot really highlights the resemblance to me...i'm just weird LOL...<br /><br />

oddly enough Lex didn't seem to wanna beat him down like she does me...(sighs) Enjoy!  :)

*UPDATE*

Just wanted to give everyone an update...the regular bobbleheads seem to work well on 1/6 bodies as well.. at least Ahsoka's does...Here's a WIP shot of Ahsoka...Thanks a million to Findswoman for the Shaak Ti body! :D

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
  • NO! This one goes here; and that one goes here.
    • View Profile
Re: Another use for the Mcdonald's SW Bobbleheads
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 07:15 PM »
what line are the "chicas" you have in the back ground?  are those CY Gals?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 07:15 PM by Talon_Karrde »
This is my avatar. Talon Karrde

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
  • I find your lack of pants...disturbing...
    • View Profile
Re: Another use for the Mcdonald's SW Bobbleheads
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 07:54 PM »
Yep! They're all Cy Girls, with Lex (the brunette that was all over mini me) being from OJI's own line (they sell their own heads and sometimes bodies, similar to what Triad Toys does) I originally got one because i wanted to do a Mara Jade custom, (the first one i was able to get MIB also came with a sweet as hell Minigun :) ) but i'd jumped on the bandwagon after BBI and Takara dissolved their partnership (Takara made the figures, and BBI sold them over here...i THINK that's how it worked, i'm not 100% sure) So all i was able to afford was a head here, a body or outfit there, and just kitbashed my brains out LOL.

I've also done a few feminized SW characters too, namely Carnor Jax, Kir Kanos and Han Solo (so far) just to see how well i'd do at sewing my own outfits for them. I have a plan for that other Fett Bobblehead i have, namely try to make a 1/6 version of Mirta Gev (or Isabet Reau, as she's labeled on the EE Mandalorian/Clonetrooper set) I just have to paint the helmet yellow, and make up some armor to go with it.