Author Topic: Millenium Falcon (prequel eco) in Clone Wars and as a toy.  (Read 13301 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
I was talking about this on another SW board I'm a member/moderator for.

Even though this would be yet another coincidence, how would you folks feel about having the Falcon at some point replace the Twilight as Anakin's ship?

I mean seriously. Not only would we get to see it in the cartoon (whic would be ultra cool to me), but Hasbro would then have a REASON to rerelease the ship, just with a different deco. Bam, repaint and instant dollar. This means the Falcon is not just an OT ship anymore and would have appeal for the kiddies.

This would bring the Falcon further into the prequels than just a glimpse of similar ships in AOTC and ROTS. In fact it could have that neat greenish pinstripping it has as seen in ROTS. That would be yet another way to rerelease the BMF, just in different colors!

Hmmm, now why didn't Hasbro think of that and talk with LFL about it. Perhaps it's still possible.

Maybe we could start a movement towards that!

I think it would be ultra cool to see the Falcon in the Clone Wars cartoon, and more than just a cameo.

Maybe near the end of the cartoon, a certain Sabaac player would find his way to it???

Thoughts?
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Millenium Falcon (prequel eco) in Clone Wars and as a toy.
« Reply #1 on: October 9, 2008, 02:11 PM »
I always had a feeling that the Falcon would be in the toon especially since it was released along side the AT-TE.  I don't really care what route they take.  Just looking forward to some more animated goodness.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #2 on: October 9, 2008, 02:12 PM »
My 2¢

Hella no!
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: October 9, 2008, 02:14 PM »
how would you folks feel about having the Falcon at some point replace the Twilight as Anakin's ship?

Personally, I HATE HATE HATE the idea.

I love the existing Lando/Han Solo EU and to start screwing with the Falcon's history at this point would suck balls IMHO.  To me, that's the sort of constant tinkering that needs to stop.  You can mess with Luke all you want, but leave Han and his ship out of it...  :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #4 on: October 9, 2008, 02:18 PM »
....screwing with the Falcon's history at this point would suck balls IMHO.

Well said.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 9, 2008, 03:02 PM »
Well the history of the Falcon BEFORE Lando owned it hasn't been told, that I know of. So this "could" be it's history.

Anakin's current ship, the Twilight, is a funky design. It's a cross between a B-wing and an OT Imperial shuttle. I don't like it all that much.

With exception to the cockpit on the Falcon, the rest of the ship is basically symmetrical. I prefer symmetrical ships than asymmetrical.

Also, I was talking about Lando not Han. I'm still in total agreement that Han should win this from Lando. When I said Sabaac player, I meant Lando.

IIRC, in an EU novel Lando aquires it on a shiplot. I think it was the Mindharp of Sharu series. From what I've seen of the Clone Wars trailers, there are those large space faring Manta Rays that can be construed as "The one, the other, and the rest" that is part of that Lando series, again, IIRC. So that could be a tie-in...
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #6 on: October 9, 2008, 03:35 PM »
I think the Clone Wars 'toon needs to focus on bridging the events of Episodes II & III and not introduce extraneous elements that further dilute the PT/OT lore by having everything linked by some cosmic version of the Kevin Bacon Game.

I speculated in the CW series thread that the Twilight could in fact be the "spice freighter" the Luke heard about from Owen regarding his father's history during the Clone Wars. I think that scenario would "be enough" to further link the two trilogies together without being overly obvious/coincidental.
« Last Edit: October 9, 2008, 03:36 PM by Jayson »

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #7 on: October 9, 2008, 03:58 PM »
I hate the idea as well.

I think the EU already pretty much sucks ass, with it's constant crisscrossing of stories. I don't need IG-88 to download himself into the Death Star 2 computer, I don't need Boba Fett to be the best man at Dengar's wedding, I don't need every person in the cantina to be directly helping Luke and Obi-Wan in some way or another.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #8 on: October 9, 2008, 04:01 PM »
Add me to the "Bad Idea" list.  Star Wars is too much of a Galactic coincidence as it is...and to have towards the end have Lando aquire it is even worse...what age would he be?  9?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 9, 2008, 06:03 PM »
It would explain why Darth Vader wants that ship so badly...
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 9, 2008, 06:11 PM »
He doesn't want the ship, but it's occupants.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: Millenium Falcon (prequel deco) in Clone Wars and as a toy.
« Reply #11 on: October 9, 2008, 07:40 PM »
....screwing with the Falcon's history at this point would suck balls IMHO.

Well said.

I can't think of any better words than those. Thanks Jeff! :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 9, 2008, 09:10 PM »
I liked the fact that there was a Falcon easter egg in AOTC and ROTS.  But I had trouble with the EU notion of the Falcon being a Jedi ship, and that according to said EU backstory it was used for covert missions on behalf of the Jedi.

I think it's best to leave it alone.  I actually like the Twilight a bit and would like to see one developed for the vehicle line.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2008, 01:05 AM »
I'm with the crew that says, "HELL NO!", to this...  My reasons are as follows:

a) it totally bungles existing EU for the Falcon's history...  My level of caring about EU trumping EU is usually fairly low, but on things like a major element of the OT such as the Falcon, I'm firmly against it.  Stick with the existing material rather than using it as a merchandising ploy.

b) I dig the Twilight a lot and think it's a unique enough ship on its own to warrant a toy, not to mention it's clearly getting enough play that people are recognizing it now as the ship from the movie.  It even got a new paintjob and I think it makes a nice, unique design that gives Anakin a Falcon-ish type vehicle.

c) how many vehicles should Anakin own in the span of a 3 year war?  There's the 2D fighter he had, there's the upcoming modded atherspite fighters, the Twilight...

d) Crowbarring the Falcon in just to repaint a toy is really going to be annoying.

& finally e) I absolutely 100% cannot stand it when EU has to tie something we remember clearly and that's so unique, such as the Falcon, into every major character.  it's just an unbelievable "coincidence" that would not only be an insult to the (so far) very good story telling and overall EU that the 3D cartoon has been, but it would really just insult fans as well to me.  I think the fans can get by without seeing the Falcon...  There simply isn't a need to jam it in there, and make this unbelievable coincidence ruin an otherwise fantastic line of stories about the Clone Wars.

What they NEED to do is focus on intertwining the CW3D cartoon with existing EU that takes place during the Clone Wars (such as the 2D cartoon, the comics, etc.) so it gives these other stories a nod and gives the EU a little cohesion for once.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2008, 09:18 AM »
They can do what they want, I'm trying to ignore the 3D cartoon's existence.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."