Author Topic: NHL 2008 - 2009  (Read 33986 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: NHL 2008 - 2009
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2009, 05:26 AM »
Wow...  Double digits.  Yikes.

Yikes is right & the funny thing is the Oiler fans were chanting for double digits for the Sabres. That's letting the Oilers know the fans were pissed, well whatever fans that stayed to the end of the game slaughter.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2009, 01:30 PM »
I can't say Steelers fans chant for bad stuff like that, but when the Steelers screw up the fans of this city let them know it.  They can even be winning but if the Steelers let up something stupid like a special teams runback or something, you'll hear booing despite the score.

Penguins fans are similar about passing...  that's been a pet peeve around this city since the early 90's.  Penguins love to play with the puck and not shoot for some reason.  Though, last night's 6 to 2 win over NYR was a nice thing to see.

If you NHL fans haven't seen it, there were two gorgeous goals.  Check out Crosby's backhander to end the game, but also check out Letang's beautiful Paul Coffey-style end-to-end goal.  It almost brought a tear to my eye, it was so incredible.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: February 3, 2009, 12:34 AM »
Well, Football's done so now it's onto Hockey...  Needless to say I'm sad to see football go.  The Penguins eat turds this year, and it's from the top down.  Crosby and Malkin are just on auto pilot it seems, and the rest of the team looks like poop.

Fleury is sometimes the only guy showing up to play, it's really quite sad.  :(

Tyler Kennedy's suspended for coming off the bench to fight the other night...  At least he was fired up and pissed off.  The rest of the team should take some notes from him since at least he tried to do something.   :-\  Finals last year, and maybe won't even make the playoffs in '09...  ****.  I like to maintain hope and all, but...  well, I'll still watch the playoffs regardless what happens. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: February 5, 2009, 10:49 PM »
Well there was a bright spot to Penguin's hockey last night.  Comeing back on Tampa from being down 3-0 to win 4-3 in OT.  That was a great game, but I don't know if that'll turn them around.  They still have too many weights dragging the team down I think.  Satan, I really hoped he'd perk up in a city with young talent, but I really think he's just a guy who never really lived up to any of the hype he had at this point.  I'm very disappointed in his performance...  The Penguins just lost way too much in the off-season though, to rebound...  All their grit is young kids from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton at this point, but I love guys like Kennedy when they come up.  They're just fun to watch play!

Anyway, fun game last night...  I hope they can at least get their act together now till the playoffs and maybe back into the post-season or something.  I'm expecting a huge trade before the deadline.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 6, 2009, 03:42 AM »
Hey, the Oilers beat the Blues 2-1 in a shoot out... hold me the **** back!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 8, 2009, 07:44 AM »
Oilers are off to a good start again, 8-3 for Detroit.  ::)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #36 on: February 8, 2009, 06:25 PM »
At least we're not the only team in the division stinking it up lately... :-X
"This is the way."

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 8, 2009, 06:56 PM »
lol im sorry but the oilers are a joke. They still in 8th or did the Canucks win last night put them ahead?

I was actually suprised with how good the leafs played against the Habs.our goaltending is still horrible but toskala was able to hold out...for once. But then again the Habs have been having a rough stretch since the All Star game. Sucks too because Im rooting for them to get the Cup. :-\
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2009, 10:33 AM »
Nice win by the Sharks last night over the Bruins. I'm glad it was on Versus, so more people outside the West Coast can see how good the Sharks are. Marleau is an absolute stud.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2009, 10:56 AM »
lol im sorry but the oilers are a joke. They still in 8th or did the Canucks win last night put them ahead?

Right now Vancouver is in 7th & the Oilers ar 10th.

In the Northwest Division we are 4th & the Avalanche... bottom.   :-X

At least we're better than where the Ilanders are standing.  ::)

Hey, we play the Hab's here tonight. This should be interesting.  ::)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2009, 01:17 AM »
Oilers 7, Habs 2.  :o

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2009, 01:28 AM »
A big thanks to any West Coast team that beats any East Coast team...  except the Penguins. ;)

Speaking of which, good game with the Sharks tonight.  It actually looked like playoff hockey going on!  I just hope the Penguins can keep it up.  Lots of rumors here about who's likely to go at the trade deadline.  I'm thinking Staal's days as a Pen are numbered, as his production isn't going up and was expected to.  I think Satan's obviously on his way out, but who would want him?

There's lots of speculating though...  Nothing likely till the deadline though.  Pens need a big proven scorer right now though.  I'd personally not mind giving up Ryan Whitney too, for something decent, as Whitney's a proven two-way defenseman, and we're pretty deep with those (3) at the moment.  I think Letange is a proven big league guy, so Whitney becomes expendable to me once Gonchar's back.  I would like to see Fedetenko and Sykora stay, maybe Scuderi is expendable...  I don't think Max Talbot is personally and I'd give up Staal if the deal were sweet enough before him (but Staal should earn a LOT for the Penguins in trade).

Right now they're in 10th, looking from the outside, so they gotta get their **** together here.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2009, 12:19 AM »
On a roll, Oilers beat the Kings in a shoot out (3-2).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2009, 01:42 AM »
Penguins fired Therrien today after yet another embarassing loss to Toronto this year.  Rumors amongst the locals are that Whitney and Staal are the first two likely on the chopping block if anyone winds up on it.  The baby Pens coach from out East is coming to coach the Penguins in the interim I guess.

Something needed done but I'm not sure it was Therrien's fault.  My only gripe with him is his seemingly lacking enthusiasm...  I don't know if he's inspiring the team or what.  Beyond that I think the Penguin's problems are more or less poor play from key guys like Satan, Whitney, Gill, etc.  When you look at what was lost over the Summer, they basically lost all their character guys with leadership qualities...  Malone, Roberts, Armstrong, Hossa (lead by his play more than being vocal), etc.  Now we've got guys like Satan who doesn't want to clean up his own end ever, and defenseman who just seem not into playing actual hockey.

Crosby strikes me as a Lemieux clone so I dno't really see him firing the guys up either...  Malkin barely speaks the language still...  The leadership was in guys like Malone and co., and Talbot, but he can't do it all himself.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2009, 09:12 AM »
Just be happy you dont have to watch your team lose almost every other game like the Leafs have and still be promised the cup every year lol ;) heck we have been in the "rebuilding" stage since the lockout which I find to be their crappy excuse because we havent even made it to the playoffs since the lockout lol.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D: