Author Topic: Clone Wars Animated Series Want/Idea List  (Read 33164 times)

Offline Hobbie

• Jedi Initiate
  • Astromechs never pegwarm.
    • View Profile
    • Star Wars Astromechs
Re: Clone Wars Animated Series Want/Idea List
« Reply #75 on: October 6, 2009, 01:01 PM »
Echo Base Forums has updated their pretty complete "who's left" list for the Season Two premiere. Check it out here!

That's a good list, but it's missing R7-A7!  You gotta have Ahsoka's astromech in there, especially since her fighter is out now.  (check it out - it has a picture of R7 on the box and even says "figure sold separately" - Ha!)

Offline darth_sidious

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 7, 2009, 05:46 PM »
Thats a cool list, but about 25% of the characters listed are far too random to make it to figure form.  I'm really hoping we get Ziro though, Hasbro has mentioned it might be an exclusive, so hopefully it happens - if not, toss him in the CW deluxe line by himself.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2009, 04:39 PM »
I LOVE Cato Parasiti!  :) She's so damn cool (why do I like Shapeshifters so much? Ex: Zam Wesell) ... I hope Hasbro makes Cato, she would look good with Bane. She could actually fit in perfectly with the "Holocron Heist" BP that's coming. Too bad she's only in one episode so far ...

... maybe she breaks out of prison??  ???
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2009, 10:06 AM »
Not sure where else to stick this, but I think this is the right thread.

Hasbro once again denied any interest in producing the Twilight for the TCW line next year. Someone from Jedi Insider asked a really well thought out question about this in the latest round of Q&A, but Hasbro was totally negative about it in their response.

I just don't get their adamant opposition to this vehicle. I think it would do really well with the proper marketing.

Let's hope they are just lying through their teeth like they did about the Bespin Cloud Car though.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2009, 06:45 PM »
Not sure where else to stick this, but I think this is the right thread.

Hasbro once again denied any interest in producing the Twilight for the TCW line next year. Someone from Jedi Insider asked a really well thought out question about this in the latest round of Q&A, but Hasbro was totally negative about it in their response.

I just don't get their adamant opposition to this vehicle. I think it would do really well with the proper marketing.

Let's hope they are just lying through their teeth like they did about the Bespin Cloud Car though.

I thought they were just lying and they had it under development - but after seeing the first eight episodes of this season of the Clone Wars cartoon - I can't really blame them for not being behind this ship.

If they were using it as prominently as the Millenium Falcon was used in the OT, then sure - but perhaps I'm forgetting an episode, but I don't think the Twilight has been used more than once so far out of the eight episodes. I think it may have been in one other episode, but just as a background "set piece" since it was shown parked in the ship hold of Anakin's Republic Cruiser.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see them produce this vehicle, but I think they're going to need some serious support from the show before they spend the money tooling this up.

Heck - since the Twilight is nowhere to be seen in ROTS, I wouldn't be surprised if the next time we see the ship it gets destroyed!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2009, 11:58 PM »
Yeah, the Twilight isn't really around enough to warrant a toy, especially a big one. I'm not too fond of the design, so I cannot say that I would buy one. It's a boring looking ship, and I can see how Hasbro might think that the kids wouldn't go for it.

Just look at the Lego Twilight if you want to see how unpopular the Twilight is. TRU.com and Lego S@H had to clear those things out at 50% off, and my local B&M stores are still sitting on them. It was about $100, but the AT-TE and Republic Gunship (the aggressive vehicles) sell a lot better.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 23, 2009, 09:44 PM »
I thought hard, and a new Barris Offee would be swell. We already have Luminara. Maybe there can be a wave that ties around the Geonosis episode arc and include Ki-Adi Mundi I seriously wouldn't be surprised if he is made (or if Hasbro doesn't give him the SA knees and ankles, as usual w/ Jedi  ;)).

I want a Cato Parasitti (from "Holocron Heist") pretty damn bad, except she's in only 1 episode - just ONE!!!!  >:( Hasbro threw away a pretty good character with her (she gets sent to jail @ the end). Maybe she could include Todo 360?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 09:46 PM by Jabba the Slug »
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"