Author Topic: Hydrospan  (Read 1109 times)

Offline manglord

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Hydrospan
« on: December 17, 2008, 06:11 PM »
I thought i saw a thread on this, but lost it. I was wondering if anyone had ever successfully increased or enlarged any vehicles using this stuff. I was thinking AT-AP enhancement. I can't imagine how'd you get two items to expand at the same rate and end up being the same size. sounds interesting though.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Hydrospan
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 12:04 AM »
I've heard some about it but never used it.  I'd like to give it a go at some point though.  The thought of being able to shrink down any larger scale headsculpt to 1:18 is, itself, intriguing.

Vehicles and casting wouldn't be very practical, but I can imagine more uses for it with figures for sure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender & FFURG.com Staff/Representative, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 06:37 PM »
Sounds fascinating. I'd love to learn how to enlarge a Tri-Droid, at least that's what immediately pops into mind when I think about how I would use a method like this.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 06:37 PM by David »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 01:32 AM »
Sand crawler would be my first choice then maybe Sith infiltrator

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 11:47 AM »
I've used it, but with very little success.
You would need to make a mold of the existing  ship, then mix and pour the Hydrospan into the mold.
I dont think you could bank on the 2 parts expanding to the same size. You would need to pour from the same batch and have them both in exact same conditions for expanding.
Just my opinion though.