Author Topic: CW Y-Wing Starfighter  (Read 52709 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Y-Wing Bomber - Good Idea, or Great Idea?
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2009, 02:27 PM »
I'd actually guess that the extra panels WILL be removable. That would likely get more people to buy the ship. Not just Clone Wars fans but OT fans alike.

I'm sold either way. I think it's a VERY cool retro design for one of the more iconic starfighter of the saga.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2009, 02:31 PM »
I think the panels being removable is quite doable, but I'm curious to see if the ship's gonna be small or large.  I'm hoping for to-scale obviously.  It's not a huge vehicle, and looking at the Lego one, I'm giddy at the thought of a 3.75" scaled one that was accurately sized.  Panels coming off aren't a huge deal to do I'd think, actually.  I just wonder if they'd bite on that or not.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2009, 03:33 PM »
JUST READING OVER HASBRO'S PRESS RELEASE AND THIS CAUGHT MY EYE

STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS DELUXE VEHICLES
(Approximate Retail Price: $59.99; Ages 4 & up; Available: Fall 2009)
Take the CLONE WARS adventure to the intergalactic skies with new THE CLONE WARS DELUXE VEHICLES. These imposing vehicles are loaded with mechanical play features that allow kids to re-imagine the action they see in THE CLONE WARS episodes each week right in their own homes. Slated for release this year are the Y-wing and Arc 170, two vehicles playing key roles throughout The Clone Wars.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 03:34 PM by ctonra »
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2009, 03:40 PM »
Ouch. $60?  That's a big step up from the TRU Y-Wing, right?  Then again it'd need to be a new mold, and probably be a bit bigger in order to house two figures and a droid.
I am not the Stig

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2009, 06:00 PM »
Nice to see that the Y-Wing is likely on the way, but the $60 price does sting a bit.  I guess this explains the $75 price on the "imperial" ARC, which is maybe what the "exclusive" price point would be for these larger vehicles.  Again, things we had at $30-$40 each four years ago.

Its interesting to see that this is a whole new assortment.  It might allow for some larger ships that don't all have to be store exclusives now, and can be a little easier for people to find.  The only thing is, hopefully they are going to make the vehicles worth the $60.  Its funny that it has taken a cartoon/line that is supposed to be targeted towards kids to bring about an ongoing, larger vehicle assortment.  It does offer some potential for future releases though.  I could see things like the Twilight released here as well, and although it sounds CW focused, maybe some OT vehicles at some point as well if they fit the assortment.  So now its possible we'll have the starfighter vehicle assortment ($20ish), the "deluxe" vehicle assortment ($60), and - at least once a year - the "Large" assortment ($100).
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 11:34 PM by Brian »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2009, 11:49 PM »
$60 is indeed a lot, and for that price I expect a large toy that, at least in the YW's case, is pretty spot-on in scale I'd hope.  It'd be nice if it was able to be used as an OT Y-Wing as well...  I have fears it'll be disappointing though, and for $60 I won't be compelled to pick it up unless it's just right, to me at least.

The ARC is just an easy pass to me.... 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2009, 10:16 AM »
I'll have to see it, but I could pass on it.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2009, 08:06 PM »
This price increase is absolutely insane. Prices are going up but not by 50%!
So TRU went up $15 which I could even swallow if good enough but a year late not even we are up to $60! That's just wrong. I never bitch at price but this time I cannot help it after buying 3 ARC's at $30 this is hard to swallow.
That Y-Wing better have lights for $60.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2009, 08:24 PM »
Nice to see that the Y-Wing is likely on the way, but the $60 price does sting a bit.  I guess this explains the $75 price on the "imperial" ARC, which is maybe what the "exclusive" price point would be for these larger vehicles.  Again, things we had at $30-$40 each four years ago.

Its interesting to see that this is a whole new assortment.  It might allow for some larger ships that don't all have to be store exclusives now, and can be a little easier for people to find.  The only thing is, hopefully they are going to make the vehicles worth the $60.  Its funny that it has taken a cartoon/line that is supposed to be targeted towards kids to bring about an ongoing, larger vehicle assortment.  It does offer some potential for future releases though.  I could see things like the Twilight released here as well, and although it sounds CW focused, maybe some OT vehicles at some point as well if they fit the assortment.  So now its possible we'll have the starfighter vehicle assortment ($20ish), the "deluxe" vehicle assortment ($60), and - at least once a year - the "Large" assortment ($100).

Looking at the press release, it looks like the $60 assortment is labeled as "Clone Wars", so nevermind my idea for any OT vehicles.  Looks like they'll likely continue to be exclusives at this point, if we see any.  Some nice potential for CW vehicles though, although a little expensive.  Like Jesse mentioned, as long as they make it worth it.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2009, 11:19 PM »
First look at the CW Y-Wing in Hasbro's panel presentation.  Looks pretty nice.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2009, 11:27 PM »
That looks awesome. I'll gladly pay $60 for it. :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2009, 11:32 PM »

Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2009, 03:36 AM »
Doesn't look like it would convert to an OT Y-wing.

Still pretty cool looking though.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2009, 03:48 AM »
Yup, that's a nice looking vehicle.  I wonder if the $60 price tag will include electronic features along with the "mechanical" features?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2009, 10:01 AM »
Looks like they did a great job, but I'm going to pass on it.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."