Author Topic: What Would Be the Last to Go?  (Read 1437 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: What Would Be the Last to Go?
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2008, 01:58 PM »
I haven't got a clue what I'd purge?  My collection is so diverse and little things have special appeal in different ways.  Plus I'm always purging anyway, so it isn't much of a stretch.  Plus I broke the completist mode a long time ago, so it's made it easier on me.  Broke my heart to watch OCB sell of his Simpsons stuff but I feel lucky I was very narrow in focus with those, so there's only a limited amount I have anyway.   

Things I'm fond of:
Star Wars OT stuff - GG, Sideshow, Hasbro figures
WOS Homer figures
Marvel Legends and DC stuff
Certain, meaningful sports picks (the custom Selanne a guy paid to have done for me is not going anywhere)

I think the last thing to go would be the loose, vintage Star Wars collection. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2008, 10:20 AM »
It was hard for me to do but this year I am taking a break.  I stopped back in June and am taking a year to or so.  I have already started purging what I have Dumping Simpsons, Star Trek, Marvel, JLU, Comic books and card sets and will be sorting through my SW stuff.

I hope that when I come through the other end I will continue to collect the 3 3/4 Star wars Line  with some pick up from other 3 3/4 lines.   
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi General
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2008, 10:36 AM »
SW is the only thing I collect with any regularity. I've already cut out my carded collection due to space issues, but if I had to make more cuts, I'd start with EU characters, then PT. OT would be the last to go.
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
  • I'll feed you fruit that don't exist
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2008, 12:31 PM »
I'm gonna stop collecting the Indiana Jones line before the second Raiders wave comes out.