Author Topic: TRU Exclusive V-Wing and Hailfire  (Read 13375 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Exclusive V-Wing and Hailfire
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2008, 09:48 AM »
I'll likely pass on these as well, but I have to admit - although the likely higher price point stinks - I always kind of like seeing a figure packed alongside the vehicles.  It makes a great package for parents/kids, if its not too pricey.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2008, 11:25 AM »
I'll get the Hailfire droid for sure. Though I won't need the Greivous fig. (Trade or sell that fig-$5)

I'll pass on the V-wing though. Cool vehicle, but I have 3 from the first release already. No need for more of them.

I'd have rather seen a Super Battle Droid or has been mentioned a Battle Droid commander with the Hailfire droid. I might have kept the figure then.

To date the only Animated figs I own are the free Holo Greivous from the TRU promotion on 7/26 and the AT-TE pilot from the AT-TE. I did purchase Ahsoka and Cody from HTS and am waiting on those to arrive. But I'm not actively seeking these figs. I guess I could just keep these and eventually have a set of the animated figures just from pack-ins. I'm VERY selective with this line. So far, other than those rare few, I'm only looking to get 2 others the remainder of the year for animated figs. It's a neat look, but I really can't justify the cost, especially for characters I already have in the realistic form.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2008, 12:14 PM »
wasn't the last release of the Hailfire droid blue and red, not seeing much difference here.  Kinda lookin' like the AOTC/ROTS release of the Gunship
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2008, 03:37 PM »
wasn't the last release of the Hailfire droid blue and red, not seeing much difference here.  Kinda lookin' like the AOTC/ROTS release of the Gunship

Not sure and I don't think I got it. I'll check my database. If I already have it from a previous release then it's an easy pass for me.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2008, 07:26 PM »
I never did like the cheetah spots and the TAC V-Wing, but what happend to the Imperial repaint that was rumored?  I actually kinda like the paint scheme on the Hailfire Droid though, but not sure I'll pick up either - even though I caved on the dome.  I'm guessing $45 exclusives because they come with figures.

There's been so many rumor lists this year, I'm gonna chalk this one up to the category of "guess list" more than rumor list, as I know I'm not alone in thinking a lot of those supposed "rumor lists" were nothing more than someone putting together a list of things he/she figured were coming out and calling it a rumor list.  This obviously is a repaint that seems likely, so it's easy to put it on a list you're calling "Rumors" thinking it's likely.  Then it does come out and the person's like, "See, I was right!", heh.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 07:58 PM by jedipurge »
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2008, 09:14 AM »
Thanks for that reference, Jpurge. Now I can feel easy about passing.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2008, 02:32 PM »
Thanks for that reference, Jpurge. Now I can feel easy about passing.

Yeah thanks. I'm almost certain I have that one. If so, yep, it's an easy pass.

Whew, I love "not" collecting....lol.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2008, 02:42 PM »
While the box art for the two is similar, the actual Droid is completely different paint job...

30AC Version:

CW Version:
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2008, 03:52 PM »
It seems like, at least from the pics we've seen both of toys and in the cartoon, that a lot of the Seperatist vehicles have a blue theme to them - the STAPS, upcoming AAT, and now this Hailfire Droid.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2008, 09:11 AM »
Well,... regardless, I have two different ones already, so I can still pass.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2008, 11:48 AM »
Hmm, I MAY get this one now. I guess it just depends on what else is out there at the time. I didn't rush for any of the other Halifire droid releases, so I'm not going to worry about this one.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2008, 05:46 PM »
Both vehicles are cool, but the animated style is too clean for my taste.  The only way I could display these is if I were doing a "right of the assemble line" style diorama.

I'm not knocking either...just not for me.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2008, 09:07 AM »
I'm not knocking either...just not for me.

Great way of putting it. That's the way I feel about the entire CW line.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2008, 06:08 PM »
True.  I have not purchased any of it...but I know some do like the animated look.  It probably appeals to kids too, and that's great.  It's saving me money though.
This is the way.

I have spoken.