Author Topic: NBA 2008 - 2009  (Read 23798 times)

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: NBA 2008 - 2009
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2009, 07:19 PM »
Wade is a strong candidate for MVP, and so is King James.

The Cavs are just about equally talentless as the Heat would be, if you removed James the same way you removed Wade from his squad.  Both are first round fodder without their star.

Kobe's case is not the same, Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom could more than carry their team to a .500+ record.  And there are a host of other above average players there too.

Oh, I know ... but LeBron is going to win it.  The Heat don't have a good enough record for Wade to win.
At least the Cavs have another All-Star.  The Heat really don't have much.  Their most talented players are rookies.  They are good, and will get better, but they're not there yet.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2009, 11:02 PM »
The Bulls / Celtics game was really good tonight.  It always appeared as though one team was going to go on a big run, but the other always found a way to get back into it.  When the Bulls were up 6 or so in the last minute+, I actually thought they had a chance to pull it off.  Ray Allen was just lights out in the second half though for the Celtics.

So did anyone else notice what a punk Garnett was making himself out to be tonight?  What was with the facial jestures and the swearing at the Bulls bench?  He really showed no class tonight IMO...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2009, 12:00 AM »
Way to come back strong, Heat.  You got the split in Atlanta that you needed.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2009, 12:20 AM »
"This is the way."

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2009, 02:09 AM »
Yeah, that's insane.  This was in New Orleans too.  The fans probably want their money back.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2009, 02:27 AM »
It looks like Allen Iverson is headed to Detroit, in exchange for Chauncey Billups and Antonio McDyess.

:'(

I like Billups, and I think he should hopefully be a good fit for this team but I'd still much rather have Iverson here. It sounds like McDyess probably won't ever even play here and will likely just get cut and resign with Detroit after 30 days. The Nuggets need to be looking at their coach, not all their players as the source of a great deal of thier problems...

By the way... choke on your words DUMB ASS. ::)
"This is the way."

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 1, 2009, 03:55 PM »
The Bulls/Celtics series is an instant classic.  Hopefully tomorrow's game isn't a blowout.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 1, 2009, 05:44 PM »
Based on how this series has gone, hopefully, it'll be another overtime extravaganza.  Rose, the 20 year old rookie, has really stepped up as well as others on both sides.  Fantastic basketball so far.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 1, 2009, 11:24 PM »
Best NBA play-off series I have ever seen.  And this is coming from someone who lived in Chicago during the Bulls previous two 3-peats...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 4, 2009, 08:56 PM »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 8, 2009, 05:16 PM »
Best NBA play-off series I have ever seen.  And this is coming from someone who lived in Chicago during the Bulls previous two 3-peats...

Blasphemy!

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2009, 06:51 PM »
How hilarious is it that the NBA and WWE are having a fight over the Nugget's stadium. I hope there is a steal cage match between the two.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2009, 09:56 PM »
How hilarious is it that the NBA and WWE are having a fight over the Nugget's stadium. I hope there is a steal cage match between the two.

I can guarantee someone at Kroenke is getting fired for this. ::)

Honestly though, I'm surprised that this kind of thing doesn't happen more often, or it at least isn't shown in the media. It seems like it would be really difficult to coordinate hockey, basketball, and indoor lax playoffs along with the other arena uses (concerts, WWE, and that kind of stuff.) I don't think that there is any way that the Nuggets/Lakers game won't be at the Pepsi Center on Monday night. It will be interesting to see what that lawsuit looks like though. :-X
"This is the way."

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2009, 04:36 AM »
The conference finals have been awesome so far.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2009, 11:49 AM »
I agree...I still cannot believe Lebron hit that shot the other night.  It was one of those moments that reminded me of when I actually cared about the NBA. :-\  A lot of that apathy is due to the local squad but man, I just find it hard to watch any more.  These conference finals have started to suck me back in (just a little)