Author Topic: AMC Sucks Eggs.  (Read 1971 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
AMC Sucks Eggs.
« on: October 31, 2008, 10:32 PM »
I just wanted to vent that the AMC channel is really lame anymore...

You used to be able to count on good horror flicks on AMC at Halloween time, and it's now Ocotober 31st and they're airing the lame assed remake of House on Haunted Hill, and a sequal I didn't even know existed. 

I want a Vincent Price/Christopher Lee/Peter Cushing marathon god dammit!   >:(

They're suckin' hard, and have become simply lame.  Boo AMC...  Your movies are neither classic, nor very American.  Piss on you...  Boo.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: AMC Sucks Eggs.
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 10:38 PM »
I agree that sucks balls, but I've been watching "Goosebumps" on the Cartoon Network and just saw Hayden Christensen as a 12 year old star in this episode. Holy **** is it bad.  :P
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 10:51 PM »
Was his performance scarier than the episode?

Maybe I should pop E2 in and really give myself a jolt....  "I hate sand...  it gets everywhere".

I shiver at the thought...

I was really hoping to catch House of Wax with V. Price this year, and at least one or two Vampire movies with Lee/Cushing in them.  But nothing...

They did air Halloween the other night though which is cool, but in lame fashion they don't seem to have the rights to Halloween 2 (the only sequal worth watching).

This House on Haunted Hill remake is nowhere near a "classic", and having it on the air is a disgrace.  I feel like throwing feces at the TV.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 11:06 PM »
The best thing about the New House on Haunted Hill is Famke.

If you want a good time, head over to Hulu and watch The Thing... now that's a classic.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 11:07 PM by Jayson »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 11:17 PM »
If you want a good time, head over to Hulu and watch The Thing... now that's a classic.

I'm about 10 minutes away from watching The Thing on Blu-ray.   :)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 11:17 PM by Rob »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 11:24 PM »

I'm about 10 minutes away from watching The Thing on Blu-ray.   :)

Nice. I have fond memories of being scared to death of that movie as a youngster watching it with my dad.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 11:50 PM »
On the subject of good vampire movies for Halloween, I just finished Salem's Lot.  I ordered it and Terror Train (one of my favorite slasher flicks from the 80s) from BestBuy.com a few days ago.  I figured there would be no way I'd get them in time for Halloween, especially after placing my order and seeing an expected delivery date of 11/1-11/7.  But guess what was on my doorstep this afternoon.  :)

But yeah, AMC has had crap for horror movies and that Haunted Hill remake was garbage.  I did like that Rush and Jannsen were pretty over the top in their performances (and of course that Jannsen was smokin') but it ended up being pretty ridiculous.

A day late, but I might try and knock out my "Halloween Trilogy" tomorrow.  I think #1, #2 and H20 tell the whole story well.  #1 and #2 were great, and I think H20 was pretty decent, could have easily followed #2, and put a good close to the whole saga.  Of course they ****** it up afterwards by releasing Resurrection, but that's to be expected.

John

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 1, 2008, 01:09 AM »
AMC did play the Vincent Price "The Fly" last night. But your right about how they are this year. Last year was pretty cool they didn't repeat one movie. Maybe they're cutting back or something. But come on Friday the 13th Jason Goes To Hell?? Give me a break.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 1, 2008, 05:43 PM »
I just wanted to vent that the AMC channel is really lame anymore...

You used to be able to count on good horror flicks on AMC at Halloween time, and it's now Ocotober 31st and they're airing the lame assed remake of House on Haunted Hill, and a sequal I didn't even know existed. 

I want a Vincent Price/Christopher Lee/Peter Cushing marathon god dammit!   >:(

That is what Chiller is for. They actually showed all of that stuff. Besides, AMC hasn't been any good since they canceled
 Remember WENN. ;)
« Last Edit: November 1, 2008, 05:44 PM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 2, 2008, 05:27 PM »
The worst thing about AMC's horror event this month was having it last a week compared to a whole month as it was in the past. I recorded a few good movies this past week... Titles that stand out are Willard, a couple of movies with both Cushing and Lee (one Frankenstein flick and the other Dracula), Magic, Motel Hell, American Werewolf in London. I have yet to watch them all... I'm about half way through Magic which is pretty decent.

As a side note, I did record both House on Haunted Hill movies and fast-forwarded through both... they were pretty poorly done and the deaths were waaaaayyyy over the top, especially in the direct to video sequel.

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #10 on: November 3, 2008, 11:01 AM »
if they're spending that cash to produce more seasons of Mad Men, then i could care less.