Author Topic: Do you post the same topic on multiple boards?  (Read 2885 times)

Offline sp00ky

• Jedi Initiate
  • Scott McKenzie
    • View Profile
Do you post the same topic on multiple boards?
« on: June 30, 2003, 12:17 PM »
If yes why??

I just find it kinda odd, is all. ;)

Myself I like decide one board and post there.  

If its a Canada related issue, I'll post on www.snowtroopers.ca

If it is vintage related and very specific I will post on RS, but if vintage related but just sort of general discussion and I don't feel like reading 20 replies of "Its amazing what you will find on the archive", or "try the search function" I will post here.

General DIscussion OT stuff, here because I like the small group.

Anybody else??

Scott
The space left intentionally blank.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Do you post the same topic on multiple boards?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2003, 12:30 PM »
Depends.  My preference is for here.  Like you, I much prefer the more patient, 'yes-he's-an-idiot-but-we-tolerate-him' approach in the vintage section I find here.  I believe there is sufficient expertise around here for that.  I'm quite certain the RS archives are loaded with useful info but I'm lazy ;D

As far as snowtroopers goes, it pains me to visit there now.  I love that board, but collecting in Canada is so depressing.  Most of the guys I knew from the Manitoba section seldom post there anymore and the new guys are just too eager to support a local scalper for my tastes.  If there's something I think of merit to repost there, I will because it seems like I don't see that many Canadians on the other boards.  US based boards tend to have a lot more information, IMO.  

I've mostly given up on the other sites because of friendships here.  BHC sure has the population though.  Snowtroopers is too quiet and depressing. :'(  GH always crashes my system (homepage anyway) and the forums are relatively quiet.  That covers most of where I visit.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2003, 12:48 PM »
I'll agree with Brent. Collecting in Canada is very depressing.  :'(  
Why?  Hasbro Canada Sucks! My [/rant]  ;)
Snowtroopers is very slow. Why? Theres not a bloody thing new up here in months so theres really nothing to talk about. Very sad but true.  :(

Now as for other sites, yes things kinda get posted the same. Some members are trying different sites to get different opinions on there post. I see it all the time. If it is posted here, then I reply here. I see no sense replying  to the same post on another site, but sometimes it does happens & I won't deny that.  ;)

BTW, did I ever mention that "Its amazing what you will find on the archive".   ;D  

As for being lazy, theres nothing wrong with it. You do what you do best Brent.  :-*   :P   ;D   ;)   :-*

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2003, 12:53 PM »
No, and I usually don't reply to topics that are cross-posted either. Especially between here and RS. I figure if it's over there, everyone will read it anyway, and it's usually started by the same person so I'm sure he'll get the answer one way or the other.

Every once in awhile I'll reply to cross-posted topics with a slightly different answer, but lately I've been avoiding even that.
Got Clones?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2003, 01:03 PM »
As for being lazy, theres nothing wrong with it. You do what you do best Brent.  

Hey, I'm working here.  I have to minimize my time screwing around on the net.  I do that by asking instead of looking.  We in the government call that efficiency :P ;D

BTW, Scott, how many boards did you post this question on ;)

Offline sp00ky

• Jedi Initiate
  • Scott McKenzie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2003, 01:09 PM »
Just this one.....  ;)  lol

Scott
The space left intentionally blank.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2003, 01:14 PM »
As for being lazy, theres nothing wrong with it. You do what you do best Brent.  

Hey, I'm working here.  I have to minimize my time screwing around on the net.  I do that by asking instead of looking.  We in the government call that efficiency :P ;D

BTW, Scott, how many boards did you post this question on ;)

Your not the only one that works for the government!   :-*
Efficiency!   ::)

Just this one.....  ;)  lol

Scott

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2003, 01:18 PM »
Sometimes I'll post a question in multiple boards, but that's very rare.  If I do that I would only do it to get as many opinions about a particular subject or question.
dustrho

Jango Fettish

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2003, 03:01 PM »
Think our good friend Chris Solo is guilty of this. Not that it matters.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2003, 04:47 PM »
So Cory, are you still banned over there? I was thinking of starting up a topic to bring you back.   :)
Got Clones?

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2003, 04:53 PM »
I don't post at any other boards, so that's a resounding NO for me!   ;)

That said though, I wouldn't take issue with people saying or asking the same thing in multiple places, since not everyone visits the other sites and therefore might be missing out on some interesting stuff from time to time.  But if it were me, I'd probably try to at least change the post just a little bit in some manner, so it's not a completely verbatim copy and paste job.  But that's just me, I don't really care if that's what people do though.

BHC sure has the population though.  GH always crashes my system (homepage anyway) and the forums are relatively quiet.

I think you mean RS has the population, don't you Morgbug?  BHC still = GH, since GH took the "BHC" name with them after they split from RS.  But that added population sure doesn't translate into better conversation from what I've seen over at RS in the past.  I much prefer a cozier, and more personal site like this one any day!   8)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2003, 05:33 PM by Snively Bandar »

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2003, 05:14 PM »
No, and I usually don't reply to topics that are cross-posted either. Especially between here and RS. I figure if it's over there, everyone will read it anyway, and it's usually started by the same person so I'm sure he'll get the answer one way or the other.

I don't think that's entirely true though.  It seems that there's quite a few member here that hardly ever visit RS anymore at all really, despite the recent influx of some new RS folks here.  Most of us who were here prior to that didn't seem to ever really go over to RS much at all due to it's crazy and hostile atmosphere.  So perhaps there's a few cross-posters here and there, but I'm sure some of the same topics are purely coincendental, or are just the average "What do you do", "How old are you?", "What are your favorite movies", etc. that you would find anywhere.

Just something to keep in mind, if you're considering refraining from posting something here at JD just becuase you made mention of it over at RS as well.  I'd personally enjoy hearing more here from the folks in both places, since I rarely ever go over to RS.  Too scary!   ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 1, 2003, 12:11 AM »
I think you mean RS has the population, don't you Morgbug?  BHC still = GH, since GH took the "BHC" name with them after they split from RS.  But that added population sure doesn't translate into better conversation from what I've seen over at RS in the past.  I much prefer a cozier, and more personal site like this one any day!  

Oh man, I really am living in the past.  Thanks for the correction.  You are correct, I did mean RS forums.  I too lean towards this site in preference.

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 1, 2003, 10:44 AM »
Once upon a time, I posted a thread called How do I kill a pit bull with my bare hands? at both the BHC and NaturallyCurly.com's CurlTalk message board. I did so because the demographics were so diverse. The responses were so interesting I let both boards know what I'd done in a follow up thread. As a result, there was some cross pollenation and new friends were made.

Those were the days...  :'(
Post sober.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 1, 2003, 11:34 AM »
I don't think I usually start something on one site and add it again on another.  However, I will reply to the same topics on different sites.  Sometimes one site does not have many members participating in a thread while another sites does.  I don't actually sit here and think " I will post here and then post it over there to."  It just happens that I visited one site earlier and then the next site.