Author Topic: A suitable name for Yoda´species: Elftein  (Read 3777 times)

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
A suitable name for Yoda´species: Elftein
« on: November 2, 2008, 12:39 PM »
Hi this is a proposal for the Yoda species name, yet unknown in the star wars universe. Yoda in esb acted like an elf from the woods. Elfs are spiritual kind, gentle and wise creatures. Besides, Lucas and Keshner told that Yoda expression was caught upon Albert Einstein eyes, a wise scientist who also devoted time for the arts like music. I blend both influences and this is no joke guys, I created this name for that race, highly important for star wars galaxy: Elftein

Do you agree? This is with all respect and care.

What other names would you propose and how do you define the race of Yoda according to the influences that created this character?

May the Force be with you

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: A suitable name for Yoda´species: Elftein
« Reply #1 on: November 2, 2008, 05:20 PM »
No, it's been confirmed by a highly respected EU author that Yoda's species is named Mitt'xran'thorx'zzplum'grark'del-shasha'xxiz. Don't you know that?

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 4, 2008, 11:54 PM »
No, it's been confirmed by a highly respected EU author that Yoda's species is named Mitt'xran'thorx'zzplum'grark'del-shasha'xxiz. Don't you know that?

Best. Post. Ever.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 8, 2008, 08:18 PM »
To David and Reid, Hi both of you, I didn´t pretend to set the authority of an EU category, only discuss the influences that would be considered in such a name. The joke prevents the dialogue. If all of us are adults we can share opinions from the influence of culture in sw universe moderately and without sarcasm.

Neither I pretended to motivate your anger, if you meditate this, Lucas and Keshner commented in esb dvd that Yoda was a kind creature of the woods, and this was related to Nordic myths.

The joke seems void, useless, I have expected a commentary based on experience.

« Last Edit: November 8, 2008, 10:17 PM by EpicGon »

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 07:29 PM »
  Lucas is always going to keep Yoda's species a secret I think.  I always liked Whill from the Journal of Whills, but that was debunked long ago I believe.  Yoda the Whill.  It just sounds like something unique.  Elftein is too straightforward for me and reminds me of leprechans and stuff like that.  Which I honestly never have cared for.  Yet oddly enough I love Star Wars. 

Offline Padawan Wagaboodles

• Jedi Initiate
  • Choose wisely
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 03:46 PM »
I like the thoughts behind the name, but also think it should be a little more subtle (not that names like Walrus Man or Prune Face were subtle).

I through with the presence of Yaddle in addition to Yoda, that we might get some more species detail. At this point, when so much else has been explained away (Midiclorians anyone?) it seems odd to try and leave some mystery behind Yoda's species. Actually, as I reflect on it, it seems extremely odd. We have detailed knowledge of all sorts of aliens' backgrounds (including ones only mentioned in passing in books); what is the need for putting Yoda's species off limits?