Author Topic: OMG! I found something NEW at Walmart!  (Read 5214 times)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Re: OMG! I found something NEW at Walmart!
« Reply #15 on: June 8, 2003, 09:56 PM »
Don't get me started on that Hulk stuff. Especially those lame Hulk Hands.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 8, 2003, 11:03 PM »
Oh man, that was yoor 666th post.  Yikes...

If you want, send me a PM and I can try and help you on some newer figures if you like.

:P

Heh.  666, gone now, everyone remain calm, purely a coincidence ;D

Thanks very much for the offer Chewie, I really appreciate it.  I'm doing fine though, having pretty much given up the hunt and relying on online retailers.  LMK if you find a Hoth Han with blue coat.  The rumor is the case I'm getting with him will be brown, so it would be nice to have both.

cheers.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 9, 2003, 01:06 PM »
Congrats on finding something CHEWIE, it seems like those finds are few and far between anymore.  I know many people have said there are lulls like this a lot, but it is really starting to get ridiculous for some people.  I haven't seen a single 2003 figure, or even the late 2002 figures here at all, no signs of them ever being there either, and it is almost the middle of June :).  The targets near me have cleared their pegs, but not put anything new out yet, and Wal-Marts and TRU seem to be flooded with Jangos and a few other figures from last year.  I'm glad that I pre-ordered some from Kebco, can't wait for them to show up.  Hopefully retail will improve soon, or at least when the Clone Wars/Saga line seperate in the fall.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2003, 12:22 AM »
Thanks mosnab, it will be a day long remembered.  First I found a blonde Imperial Officer, soon I was to find a red Battle Droid. :D

Target stores everywhere in St. Louis, MO are totally cleared out too.  I'm hoping this means that sometime very soon new stuff is going to be easier to get.  Please Hasbro Please!

Offline ezehogan

• Youngling
  • Blast them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2003, 05:44 PM »
To bad you weren't in town when you found those CHEWIE!  It could've meant hope for me!
Mr. Burns:  "Use an open faced club!  A sand wedge!"

Homer:  "Mmmmmm open face club sandwhich...."

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2003, 12:13 AM »
I did something pointless and immature at my local WM.  Tired of seeing the 10 Orn Free Taas on the barren pegs, I stacked them up and carried them to the clearance section.  About 2 weeks later they were back, so this time I stacked them behind other merchandise.  I know the WM stockboy has nothing to do with the distribution problems, but it's my little way of giving the finger to whoever is causing this drought!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2003, 01:16 AM »
I don't see anything wrong with doing that, it's not like they are going to sell anyway. :P

On the other hand though, they keep all inventory through the computers and won't order more unless the quantity is reduced through the registers at a sale or through a telxon (at least that's my understanding).

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2003, 09:17 AM »
so what you do is buy 12 Orn Free Tas (now bear with me on this one) wait until new stock comes on hand, put the new stock on Lay A way, return the Orns and pick up the new figs on Lay a way...

by the way let me know if this works, my WM has a 12 Arena Padmes

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 1, 2003, 12:15 AM »
All the Walmarts in my area are finally clearancing the TIE Bombers, maybe this is a sign of them making some room for some Clone Wars stuff.

Also, I saw the new Vader and Luke lightsabers today.  Very sweet packaging.