Author Topic: TRU Exclusive Clone Commander Ponds  (Read 11451 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Exclusive Clone Commander Ponds
« Reply #15 on: August 8, 2009, 04:06 PM »
I am trying to hold out for the spend $30 and get a Ponds free deal later in September.  I agree with you - the price on many of these exclusives is just plain out of hand.  Look at how pretty much all of it ends up on clearance eventually:

- Distrurbance at Lars Homestead
- Lava Vader and Anakin
- Joker Squad
- Clone Wars Senate Guard
- Target Exclusive Battle Packs (Obi & Yoda)
- Hobbie and TIE Fighter exclusive
- Battlegrounds Multi-packs
- TRU B-wing Fighter and Pilot

Even Target's Ultimate Battle Packs were clearanced off.  If you're patient, you can get reasonable prices on this stuff eventually.  I'm a hard core completist, but frankly I'm to the point of feeling ripped off for these.  It's bad enough you have to seek out a specific retailer that may not be convenient where you live, but then to ask for a 50% or greater mark-up is just ridiculous.   >:(
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2009, 12:07 PM »
I saw two pegs full of Ponds a couple weeks ago at TRU, and now they are all gone.  I was kind of surprised they went that quickly, especially at $9.99.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2009, 12:37 PM »
I saw two pegs full of Ponds a couple weeks ago at TRU, and now they are all gone.  I was kind of surprised they went that quickly, especially at $9.99.

I'm not all that surprised really. It's obvious clones sell, especially named commanders like Rex, Cody and Gree. I have also notice that even though these have dedicated pegs at TRU, there have been a few times that I've seen them mixed in with the other similarly carded figures which is probably due to employees and/or customers just rehanging them with the other new style CW/SL figures and not paying attention.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2009, 01:13 PM »
I saw about two dozen of these sell out in under 48 hrs at one store...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2009, 01:44 PM »
I broke down and ordered two of them at $8 each.  I was hoping to hold out for the free sale, but all the talk of these selling thru has me worried.   :-\
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2009, 02:18 PM »
I would much rather pay $2 more than a basic figure for it now than wonder if they are going to have it almost two months from now still (which you'd hope with their add they would) and then have $30 worth of stuff I want. To me if you buy $30 worth of stuff just to get it for free, not because it's things you need, then your paying $30 for Ponds.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2009, 02:36 PM »
Same here.  A figure in hand is a figure in hand.  I got mine.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2009, 12:47 AM »
I found these from a guy on RS for $8 each, so I caved.  They showed up today and look pretty nice - I like the little exclusive foil on the card.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2009, 01:33 AM »
I just hope he shows back up when his "promotion" is supposed to begin.  My local TRU got a case or two and already sold through them a few weeks ago.  Also noticed the cool lil foil sticker on the new CW tins as well.  Thought that was kinda neat.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline therupert

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter!
« Reply #24 on: September 2, 2009, 12:45 PM »
TONS of these at my local TRU.  Easily 4 or 5 cases worth hanging on the pegs...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2009, 02:22 AM »
You can get Cmdr. Ponds free this week with a $30 or more purchase, according to the weekly ad for TRU.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2009, 11:36 AM »
And good luck finding $30 of new merchandise to purchase at your local TRU...I am willing to bet the house they hold back releasing the Crumb Bomber until this promotion is over. (Even though the release date is 10/1)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline darth_sidious

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 3, 2009, 08:26 PM »
I picked up Ponds during the promo - gotta love that TRU gives us an exclusive figure for FREE with purchase, rather than trying to rob us like Target, charging $13 for an exclusive figure. 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 3, 2009, 10:14 PM »
And good luck finding $30 of new merchandise to purchase at your local TRU...I am willing to bet the house they hold back releasing the Crumb Bomber until this promotion is over. (Even though the release date is 10/1)

Sure enough, I was right... >:(
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy