Author Topic: Legacy Wave 12 - The Empire Strikes Back  (Read 117418 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 12 - The Empire Strikes Back (Fall 2009)
« Reply #105 on: August 25, 2009, 05:08 PM »
I think I like this Snowtrooper's helmet design a lot more than the last version, but I'm gonna have to wait and see what's under that dress (which I think is the only thing that really makes this guy look stupid) before I decide whether I'm buying this or not.

The only figures in this wave I can't live without are ICMG (of course! - and he looks gorgeous BTW), Zuckuss, and the Bespin Guards. I think this year's ANH and ROTJ waves are WAAAAY more exciting.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 25, 2009, 05:26 PM »
but I'm gonna have to wait and see what's under that dress before I decide whether I'm buying this or not.

As is the case for most things, of course.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #107 on: August 28, 2009, 05:18 AM »
We got a couple prototype (Test Shot) images of upcoming figures, and one was the alien Bespin Guard form the upcoming wave here.  I thought I'd share as it highlights the articulation and sculpt details to see the figure without paint sometimes.  I dig the baton WITH a sheath.  That's slick. :)

Clicky to check out the story!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #108 on: August 28, 2009, 10:58 AM »
I am glad this figure has a basic flesh tone for easy head swapping. I will definitely be buying more of this version. This dude is so Star Trek looking.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #109 on: August 28, 2009, 06:35 PM »
I'm pretty excited for this wave myself. The new Bespin Guards look great, but I don't feel like I need to retire the old one. I'll probably grab about 2-3 of each variant. Then of course there is Mr Hood. I'll buy a few of him if I can find him. I needed a few more AT-AT Drivers, though I would have rather they sculpted something else new, rather than update a figure that is only 2 years old and didn't really need to be redone... They could have just repacked the 2007 AT-AT driver instead of that astromech, and used the tooling dollars to make some other Empire figure, like Toryn Farr or Bespin Han. I get more and more excited for the Luke every time I see him.

I'm really excited for the new Zuckuss too. He'll make a great addition to the Bounty Hunters. It kind of makes you wonder if they are planning on updating Dengar is SA format? Hasbro came out with the SAGA Bossk in 2004 only to completely redo him 2-3 years later. Now Dengar is the only one of the ESB Bounty Hunters that isn;t SA.
"This is the way."

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 28, 2009, 07:06 PM »
Alright, I am partially excited by this one.

If it was a true to the Vintage update I would be thrilled.   It was one of my all time favorite Vintage Figures, so this particular one another one of those figures that I will want to army build a little.

I am going to try to get the first one of these that pops up on ebay that I can find (despite the pricy cost) just so I can get somebody to cast me a properly sculpted head with a Fu-man-chu moustache. 

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 28, 2009, 09:45 PM »
Then of course there is Mr Hood. I'll buy a few of him if I can find him.

I know there's a bunch of people around here who are all excited, and I'm glad, it's good to see.  But let's be realistic, he has pegwarmer written all over him.

I highly doubt many people want multiples of this like it's a Hoth Rebel or a Bespin Guard or something.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 29, 2009, 01:53 AM »
Ah, good wave  ;D but The Legacy Collection has gotten a 'lil too collector-oriented. Maybe that's why Legacy sales are dropping   ???  I'd most DEFINITELY like to see more exciting characters, though. This wave itself is pretty cool...   
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #113 on: August 31, 2009, 12:27 PM »
Ah, good wave  ;D but The Legacy Collection has gotten a 'lil too collector-oriented. Maybe that's why Legacy sales are dropping   ???  I'd most DEFINITELY like to see more exciting characters, though. This wave itself is pretty cool...   

With all of the Kid focus I am glad that it is more collector oriented but yes, it does effect sales but I think Hasbro will start to balance more in 2010. Right now I will soak it up.

I plan on getting 6 of the Bespins guards and will retire the POTJ one. I also share the sentiment baout that there was no need to update the AT-AT driver. Update the AT-AT instead or better yet include the f@3king beardless HRT in this wave in sets of the astromech that no one would have missed.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 18, 2009, 11:58 AM »
I know we have some Canadian members here so I thought this would be as good a place as any to ask.  I'm looking to pick up a couple of the upcomming AT-AT Driver figures on Canadian TLC packaging.  If anyone can help me out I'm up for buying or trading.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #115 on: September 18, 2009, 12:09 PM »
You might be asking the impossible.  Word on the street is that Hasbro Canada has dumped the Legacy line and won't be carrying any of the 2009 figures. 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 18, 2009, 12:24 PM »
Nothing is impossible, oh yeah Hasbro Canada... sorry man, unless a miracle happens were screwed.  :-\

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #117 on: September 18, 2009, 01:42 PM »
Holy ****balls that sucks! That's not a good sign at all. This should be a Q&A question to get confirmation if this is indeed true or just certain retailers not carrying the "mainline". To my friend sup North I buy by the case often time duplicates of cases I have extras and sell them at cost plus shipping. Keep an eye on my trade/sale list, I will try to help where I can.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #118 on: October 1, 2009, 03:16 AM »
We got some proto images in, and a couple Empire Strikes Back wave figures were included in them.  Check out the Bespin Guard (not sure if this is the same human sculpt or not, but I believe it is at this point), and the new Zuckuss who looks quite badass.

Clicky images to check 'em out!

Very nice figures, both of them.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 1, 2009, 10:03 AM »
Is Zuckuss smoking a pipe?  ???

WTF is that huge thing hanging off his face?

I don't recall that on my vintage version.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy