Author Topic: Legacy Wave 12 - The Empire Strikes Back  (Read 117389 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 12 - The Empire Strikes Back (Fall 2009)
« Reply #120 on: October 1, 2009, 10:19 AM »
It's a respirator. It's not on the vintage one, but it's on the previous modern release.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #121 on: October 1, 2009, 10:38 AM »
Is Zuckuss smoking a pipe?  ???

WTF is that huge thing hanging off his face?

I don't recall that on my vintage version.

It's a respirator. It's not on the vintage one, but it's on the previous modern release.

Yep, it was on the POTF2 Freeze Frame figure.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 1, 2009, 11:36 AM »
Thanks guys, good to know.

I swear I have a 12" version of this guy somewhere and he doesn't have the respirator either. Great piece though.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #123 on: October 1, 2009, 12:10 PM »
I swear I have a 12" version of this guy somewhere and he doesn't have the respirator either. Great piece though.

Yep, he has it too;)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 1, 2009, 12:22 PM »
Is Zuckuss smoking a pipe?  ???

WTF is that huge thing hanging off his face?

I don't recall that on my vintage version.

According to my alien species guide, which I just happen to be reading on the toilet this morning (the Gand entry), it's an apparatus that helps the Gand breathe ammonia.  Gand's atmosphere is thick with ammonia, and when a resident travels off planet, he wears the apparatus to give him ammonia to breathe.  Gands actually refuse to be studied, but it is thought that there are some separate species among the Gand that don't need to breathe ammonia.  In those cases however they still wear the apparatus to maintain anonymity when off-world.

There you be.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #125 on: October 7, 2009, 03:32 AM »
A HUGE gallery of loose images of this wave is available for your viewing pleasure...

Clicky to check 'em all out!

Some points...

-Wilrow Hood...  He looks INSANELY cool.  What a nice treatment this figure got, for being very much down there on the depth chart. :)  It's great seeing his loose figure all ready to go.

-Snowspeeder Luke...  This looks like maybe the single best Luke figure ever IMO.  The likeness is incredible.  I think the height is right, but it's tough to tell if they did re-use the XW Luke figure at all there.  It may be a totally new sculpt save for perhaps the helmet.  That's tough to tell though.

-Concept Snowtrooper...  Color me actually a little down on this one.  I'd have preferred a Concept Hoth Rebel to match the first Snowtrooper.  I didn't care for these designs really, so I can't say that one's exciting me.

-R2-X2...  Meh.  I'm kind of curious who is repacked in this wave with the same part, as I may avoid this one.

-AT-AT Driver...  nobody's mentioned this, but I believe he's sporting some very 70's-ish sideburns.  I believe that's a new clone headsculpt and I like the attempt at "OT'ing" him a little with seemingly longer sideburns.

-Zuckuss...  Very cool.  I would personally have enjoyed seeing a figure with a removable coat and pack and stuff, ala the vintage figure, but this is nice too and I'm pretty happy.

-Bespin Guard...  A nice sculpt overall, glad to get him, but I'd still like to see the Asian vintage variation, and an updated white guy as well.

-BAD HK-50...  No clue if he's from KOTOR2 or what.  I like HK-47 so I'm ok with a variant of the same droid.  Not the most exciting, but likable.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 7, 2009, 11:11 AM »
I think this wave looks pretty amazing too, and I'm really looking forward to it.  It is still so neat seeing Willrow actually in plastic, and it is going to be great when this wave hits.  I agree about the Luke, I think it is one of the figures I'm looking forward to the most this year.  Zuckuss is a nice upgrade to the bounty hunter lineup (and one I've personally been looking forward to as well).  The whole wave looks pretty nice to me.  I will say though, it still doesn't look quite right to me when these OT troops have those clone heads under the helmets.  Don't get me wrong, I understand you can just "leave the helmet on if you don't like it", and the removable helmet is a nice feature and all - but it just looks strange to me each time I see it.  Not saying I don't like removable helmets and all that, it is just something that sticks out to me every time.

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 7, 2009, 12:33 PM »
I like the looks of these too.  The Luke figure is fantastic and much better than the one that came with that large Battle of Hoth set from Target a couple years back.  Willrow Hood is, well, Willrow Hood.  Quite amazing to see you guys got your obscure figure made and great to have a basic civillian figure as well. 
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 7, 2009, 01:14 PM »
Luke's face sculpt has got to be the best they've every done.  Any guesses as to whether his hood/cap comes off?

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #129 on: October 7, 2009, 01:34 PM »
-AT-AT Driver...  nobody's mentioned this, but I believe he's sporting some very 70's-ish sideburns.  I believe that's a new clone headsculpt and I like the attempt at "OT'ing" him a little with seemingly longer sideburns.

It's funny you point that out Jesse. I looked at the front page pics then jumped to the thread. I thought the same thing when I looked at him at first about how 70's he looked and I really like that touch. If that was the intent they succeeded in my opinion and it elevated my excitement for him.

I actually like this MQSnowie so much better that the TAC. I really hate the top heavy TAC one. (So much as I write this I think I will ditch him.)

After seeing these pics I am very glad I ordered two cases of this wave.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #130 on: October 7, 2009, 04:00 PM »
That clone also looks "older" to me.  More like Jango and less like a youthful clone.

On Luke's cap, I don't think that's removable.  If it is, kudos to whoever designed such a tight fit for the sculpt.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 8, 2009, 10:14 AM »
It would never occur to me that the cap would be removable. It's probably just highly detailed.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 12, 2009, 01:25 PM »
Does Snowspeeder Luke come with a complete lightsaber or only the hilt?

We saw in the adds only the hilt without the blade.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #133 on: October 12, 2009, 02:30 PM »
Does Snowspeeder Luke come with a complete lightsaber or only the hilt?

We saw in the adds only the hilt without the blade.

My guess is that the final figure will, but if not, you could always give him the one from the Medical Frigate Luke as he "technically" doesn't need it.  :P

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 12, 2009, 05:34 PM »
...and, Jay, is it the correct hilt?