Author Topic: Legacy Wave 12 - The Empire Strikes Back  (Read 117394 times)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 12 - The Empire Strikes Back (Fall 2009)
« Reply #165 on: November 7, 2009, 10:51 PM »
So is the ESB wave the last TLC wave planned until 2010 so far??  ??? I haven't seen this wave yet, it's mostly the ROTJ wave.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 8, 2009, 12:52 AM »
Yep.  Wave 13 / EU wave is expected for 2010.  Although at the pace things have been released lately, we may see it next month.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 9, 2009, 01:03 PM »
Yep.  Wave 13 / EU wave is expected for 2010.  Although at the pace things have been released lately, we may see it next month.

Hasbro tends to do that with whatever wave is expected for the new year.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 17, 2009, 11:50 PM »
Has this wave (the ESB wave) hit anywhere yet? I'm just trying to figure out if I've got a breather with regards to Legacy figures or if I'm still playing catch-up.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #169 on: November 18, 2009, 01:01 AM »
Not yet.  Just overseas thus far.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #170 on: November 18, 2009, 04:42 PM »
Sad news boys, the Star Trekkish 2nd Bespin Guard got canned and will not be coming:
http://www.creaturecantina.com/news_stories/2009/1118/hasbro-qna.html

I wonder if we will ever see the 2nd Scanning Crew Member? Talk about dropping the ball again (Beardless, Uggy but they got him out, Utai #2, Bespin Wing Guard and quite possibly the Scanning Crew #2). They also confirm the Beardless Rebel was never made so you can stop hunting.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 04:43 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #171 on: November 18, 2009, 04:49 PM »
I still think that they must be confusing the Scanning Tech and the Bespin Guard since everytime they answer a question about one of them, it seems to make more sense for the other.

For example, last time in the Q&A they said Scanning Crew #2 was coming in the EU cases... but all the on-line places show the variant Bespin Guard in that case.

Now they're saying that the v2 Bespin Guard isn't shipping after all... so does that mean the Wave 13 cases will have more of the Black Guard then?  Or did they in fact slip Scanning Crew Guy #2 in that case in Utris' place if he got canned?  

So confusing... ???
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 04:51 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #172 on: November 18, 2009, 04:52 PM »
Exactly what Jeff said.  Which sucks if we're not getting the 2nd Scanner Tech with, the friggin' Scanner box.  ::)  What bs that is.

It's hard to say what they've got going on at this point though...  They didn't even mention the tech and he's a variant too, so that's confusing.  All pre-orders show the Bespin Freak in the EU case though.  Hell I thought he belonged there specifically even, due to his EU-eyness.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #173 on: November 18, 2009, 04:54 PM »
At this point they almost have a full wave of variants that they've botched the release on. Gather them up, make a 2x misfits case and put us out of our misery.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 04:55 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #174 on: November 18, 2009, 05:02 PM »
Now in a lot of cases I truly understand Hasbro's issue. As a Toy designer myself I really understand where they are coming from on a lot of issues and defend them.

However, in regards to Comic packs, WM DF2 sets, timing of assortment releases and variant figures they are royally dropping the ball on a lot of aspects of the line. They are the ones killing it. It's interesting how they were able to get so many different versions of stupid peg warming ROC figures out without a hiccup despite the fact the crap collects dust. It's wearing a bit thin on me how they blame the majority of the problems on the collectors and contradict themselves with Legends. I can forgive them on the Beardless Trooper as there was a transition of packaging and slowdown of the line. But the friggin Wing Guard/Scanning Dude #2 too?

This calls for a Bold 14pt Yellow Text:
WTF!!!!!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #175 on: November 18, 2009, 06:21 PM »
At this point they almost have a full wave of variants that they've botched the release on. Gather them up, make a 2x misfits case and put us out of our misery.

I like that idea a lot actually.  It won't happen of course, but I like it a lot.  Be nice if they maybe went 4x HRT, 4x Scanner Tech, 2x Ugnaught, 2x Bespin Dude.  I'd love that case mix, and would probably pre-order two of them.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 19, 2009, 09:21 AM »
That would stink, but I'm much happier with the one that's shipping.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 19, 2009, 09:22 AM »
Darn I really wanted the Star Trekish Bespin Guard and all the other variants they showed.  Sigh.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 19, 2009, 11:14 AM »
Well this bites. And it just shows that Hasbro is losing touch. The Legends line is all about reissues. These slightly variant figures are just that. They'd make great sellers as either a Legacy repaint wave OR a reissue wave in Legends, even though they are technically variants.

Come on Hasbro, we all know you guys peruse the collecting boards and see that we want the variants. Get them to market and they WILL be bought. At this point I don't think it would matter either if they were Legacy or Legends.

In the case of the Hoth Rebel trooper, Scanning Crew Troopers, you've got multiple purchases/army builders there. To a lesser degree the same can be said for the Bespin Guards and Ugnaughts.

I totally agree with Jesse's proposed case breakdown too.

Hasbro, you're losing money on figures already developed. We're talking simple headswaps for 3 of the 4 of them.

Rolls eyes....(I'm doing way to much of that lately.)
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 19, 2009, 01:49 PM »

Hasbro, you're losing money on figures already developed.

You mean like the Indiana Jones figures that never came to market?  Wherefor art thou Toht?  :P
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.