Author Topic: Legacy Wave 12 - The Empire Strikes Back  (Read 117381 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 12 - The Empire Strikes Back (Fall 2009)
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2009, 05:30 PM »
I think the one Bespin Guard may actually be Utris M'toc.  Gonna see if I can get by the Hasbro exhibit in a few minutes to confirm.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2009, 05:42 PM »
I was hoping for Han Bespin even though they said later for him......still have my fingers crossed.......
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2009, 06:31 PM »
Is that E.T. behind the v2 Ugnaught?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2009, 06:38 PM »
Is that E.T. behind the v2 Ugnaught?
That is an Utai

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2009, 07:05 PM »
The AT-AT Driver is a nice surprise, even if it is a bit soon. Zuckuss is probably my favorite, but I think I'll purchase the whole wave.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2009, 08:23 PM »
What's going on with this wave?  I count 7/8 figures where there should only be 6...  ???

Is that AT-AT Driver and/or R2-X2 actually "new" or are they just repacks to expand the wave a little bit?  Makes sense to get the AT-AT Driver out again if there does end up being a BMF AT-AT in the future...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2009, 08:44 PM »
What's going on with this wave?  I count 7/8 figures where there should only be 6...  ???

Is that AT-AT Driver and/or R2-X2 actually "new" or are they just repacks to expand the wave a little bit?  Makes sense to get the AT-AT Driver out again if there does end up being a BMF AT-AT in the future...

I was wondering that as well.  Seems like there is a couple too many there.  Overall though, a really nice wave.  Willrow, obviously, is the bright spot - but I really like the Snowspeeder Luke, the new Zuckuss, and the Bespin Guards as well.  Plus, that new concept figure is pretty cool looking too.  I'm trying to see if that is the same TSC AT-AT Driver, or if it is a little different (ball elbows?).

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2009, 09:05 PM »

I was wondering that as well.  Seems like there is a couple too many there.  Overall though, a really nice wave.  Willrow, obviously, is the bright spot - but I really like the Snowspeeder Luke, the new Zuckuss, and the Bespin Guards as well.  Plus, that new concept figure is pretty cool looking too.  I'm trying to see if that is the same TSC AT-AT Driver, or if it is a little different (ball elbows?).

I was a bit miffed at that one myself. That new At-AT driver looks like he has ball jointed-elbows. An the helmet looks a little different to me. Something about the eyes is different. The cables going form the chest box to the helmet also look different. These ones seem to have less slack that the TSC version. It looks to me that it is at least partially new. Hopefully that has something to do with a new AT-AT in the near future. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2009, 09:07 PM »
Of all the figures shown, the AT-AT is the biggest waste of a spot IMO (besides almost the entire ROTS wave).  Because I agree, it looks new and the Saga one is awesome and didn't need a redo like perhaps other ESB figures do (Hoth Leia and Bespin Han)  If you only have so much tooling dollars, that was a waste of cash

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2009, 09:09 PM »
Yeah, that was a surprising one.  I also thought it looked like it was new, or at least new-ish, with ball jointed elbows, etc.  While it is an improvement, like Scott mentioned the TSC was already very well done - and I think "good enough" by most people's standards.  I would have rather seen someone else (particularly Bespin Han, although we knew he wasn't coming) included in this wave.  That said, I'm sure I'll pick several of these up since I only got two of the original version (and they haven't seen fit to re-release it).

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2009, 09:20 PM »

Is that AT-AT Driver and/or R2-X2 actually "new" or are they just repacks to expand the wave a little bit? 

Looking at the AT-AT driver, I think it has a removable helmet.

It just has that feel to it.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2009, 09:29 PM »
Is that AT-AT Driver and/or R2-X2 actually "new" or are they just repacks to expand the wave a little bit? 

Looking at the AT-AT driver, I think it has a removable helmet.

It just has that feel to it.

You guys could be right... my first instinct looking at it was it was a repaint, but the more I look at it, the more I can "see" what you guys are saying - new elbows, helmet, etc.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2009, 09:54 PM »
Closer Look at the Bespin Guards.

I'm still surprised that they actually planned two variants... it sounded like they wanted to get away from that sort of thing with the "downturn" in Legacy buying and whatnot.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2009, 09:59 PM »
I think it's kind of lame that the build a droid is R2-X2 who already has a nice figure from the EE pack that did not need upgrading at all.

On a positive note I am loving that Snowtrooper!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2009, 10:02 PM »
Closer Look at the Bespin Guards.

I'm still surprised that they actually planned two variants... it sounded like they wanted to get away from that sort of thing with the "downturn" in Legacy buying and whatnot.

I don't follow.  Wouldn't variants like this be super cost effective at a time when sales are down?  Two figures for the production cost of a little more than one?