Author Topic: Legacy Wave 12 - The Empire Strikes Back  (Read 117380 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 12 - The Empire Strikes Back (Fall 2009)
« Reply #225 on: December 8, 2009, 01:50 AM »
Found Willrow and the Snowtrooper tonight... bah.  I'll find the others when I least expect it.  I think I'm more interested in the B.A.D. than any single figure from this wave.

Offline JabbaJoe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Life Sucks and Beats you Down and then you Die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 8, 2009, 08:45 AM »
Picked this whole wave up at a local Minnesota Wal-Mart early this morning after work.  This wave is way cooler then I thought it would be! :o  I am very happy to own it. :) 8)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 8, 2009, 09:25 AM »
This wave has hit here in VA too...I saw Willrow, Zuckuss etc at my local Wally last night. $6 isn't shabby either.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 8, 2009, 03:15 PM »
Found this wave today at a Wally near Albany, NY.  I only grabbed R2-X2 and Willrow.  Feeling uber-nerdy that I grabbed Willrow instead of snowspeeder Luke, but I just couldn't chance that I wouldn't see Willrow again (thereby guaranteeing that the opposite will happen).

You should have grabbed the Luke.  Willrow is a peg warmer.  Only true Star Wars geeks like us will want him.  Moms, dads and kids will not.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #229 on: December 8, 2009, 03:26 PM »
I've not even seen the wave at all yet...  tad early to call him a pegwarmer isn't it? :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 8, 2009, 03:49 PM »
I've not even seen the wave at all yet...  tad early to call him a pegwarmer isn't it? :)

Probably, but at the moment him and the droid are the ones left behind when Zuckuss, Luke, concept stormie and the security guard are gone.

But still I wouldn't call anything Wave 7 and onward a pegwarmer yet, there's like hardly anything around except at Kohl's.

Yarna - that's what I call a pegwarmer.
« Last Edit: December 8, 2009, 04:47 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 8, 2009, 04:14 PM »
Found this wave today at a Wally near Albany, NY.  I only grabbed R2-X2 and Willrow.  Feeling uber-nerdy that I grabbed Willrow instead of snowspeeder Luke, but I just couldn't chance that I wouldn't see Willrow again (thereby guaranteeing that the opposite will happen).

You should have grabbed the Luke.  Willrow is a peg warmer.  Only true Star Wars geeks like us will want him.  Moms, dads and kids will not.

I have the feeling that the Luke will make it into the Legends line, or failing that be a repack, so I think I'll be able to find it later.  Willrow was just too dorky-cool to pass up.
I am not the Stig

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #232 on: December 8, 2009, 09:05 PM »
Locally nobody's finding R2-X2 if they've found the wave though...  Different strokes for different folks I guess.  I think out of all the people who've seen it locally (3 maybe?) they've not seen R2-X2 yet save for one guy who I think found them all and doubles.

I want the whole wave so I'm giddy to find it, but no luck so far.  I can't even get a straight answer on if these are hitting the regular pegs or if they're part of some pre-packed display.  I see a display around at some WM stores but it's heavily picked over and only has ROTS wave on it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 8, 2009, 09:25 PM »
I want the whole wave so I'm giddy to find it, but no luck so far.  I can't even get a straight answer on if these are hitting the regular pegs or if they're part of some pre-packed display.  I see a display around at some WM stores but it's heavily picked over and only has ROTS wave on it.

At the two WMs where I found this wave they were regular case shipments and not part of a display pallet. So in both stores they had been pegged with the rest of the Star Wars figures in stock at that moment.

The unfortunate thing with these waves is that the new figures are only 1 per case, so really the only way to tell if you missed the wave is to find the Deviss, Agen Kolar, Plo Koon or Bacarra figures with HK-50 parts.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #234 on: December 8, 2009, 09:27 PM »
Not seen them with repack parts...  yet.  Just that terminator POS so far.

Thanks Pete.  I'll keep looking when I'm doing holiday shopping anyway.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #235 on: December 9, 2009, 02:17 AM »
Bacara includes the torso repack.

Thanks Jayson and Justin. I guess I'll have to pick up one AT-AT driver since I'd rather have one of those over Bacara. Too bad the piece could have just come with the snowtrooper. Oh well, it's not like I get out to stores enough to find anything anymore anyways.
"This is the way."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 9, 2009, 09:32 AM »
Opened what I have.

Concept Snoowtrooper - Cool well done figure.

At-At Driver - he may have been unnecessary, but man is this an excellent figure.

Snowspeeder Luke - What can I say that hasn't already been said? One of the best figures Hasbro has ever done.

R2 X2 - Fine for the repaint that it is, however, I find it funny that the give us a droid for one of the few pilots they haven't made yet.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 9, 2009, 10:24 PM »
At-At Driver - he may have been unnecessary, but man is this an excellent figure.

Excellent?  Even with the ridiculously oversized helmet?  Wow.
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #238 on: December 9, 2009, 10:55 PM »
I don't think the helmet is too far out of scale for the figure when compared to the costume as it (along with the TIE Pilot helmets) seem kind of bulbous anyway.

Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #239 on: December 10, 2009, 12:20 AM »

Excellent?  Even with the ridiculously oversized helmet?  Wow.

It's few and far between but I agree with you 100% on this one. Not only is it over sized the white glossy paint adds to the crappiness of this figure. I really do like the head underneath, the only redeeemable aspect of this figure besides the droid part.  I wish that head was used on the Snowtroopers. the late 70's early 80's burns was a nice touch.

I also do not like the skinny ankles on this figure, he is wearing snow boots but looks like he has size 7 feet. Love the rest of this wave!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/