Author Topic: Legacy Wave 12 - The Empire Strikes Back  (Read 117373 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 12 - The Empire Strikes Back (Fall 2009)
« Reply #240 on: December 10, 2009, 09:38 AM »
At-At Driver - he may have been unnecessary, but man is this an excellent figure.

Excellent?  Even with the ridiculously oversized helmet?  Wow.

What I can I say? I'm easy.  ;)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #241 on: December 14, 2009, 08:19 PM »
I got 3 figures from this wave so far...  I still need Luke Snowspeeder, R2-X2, and Concept Snowtrooper.

Anyhoo, of the 3 I did get they're great.

-Bespin Guard...  Besides his hat not sitting on his noggin right, I'm not really griping at all.  I love the removable holsters and how the baton fits the sheath very well.  The pistol's really sharply sculpted, and the figure itself has a lot of detail.  I'd like to move the Saga Endor Rebel's head over to make a more vintage-ish looking version of the black Bespin Guard, so if I see it anytime soon again I'm nabbing a 2nd.  I think you mentioned that custom JACK, and that's my plan too then.

-Willrow Hood...  Fantastic figure.  I was surprised he didn't come with a rebel blaster (why not, ya know?) to make him a little more action-ish.  The sculpting, articulation, deco, and generally all the details were fantastic though, and so I'm glad to have him and I'll nab at least one more for custom fodder.  Perhaps two even.

-AT-AT Driver...  I'm surprisingly impressed by this more than I thought I'd be.  I still think the figure's unnecessary and that the last version was perfectly fine for this Imperial Trooper.  I like the updated Clone headsculpt to fit with the "look" of SW characters from the original trilogy.  That's pretty cool on Hasbro's part.   The body's very detailed, heavily articulated, and has a sort of natural look to it with the ball/socket torso sort of leaning. 

What surprised me is the helmet...  I think the helmet IS oversized, as I think it's based on the TIE Pilot's helmet which was oversized compared to like the Stormtrooper's helmets.  What shocked me though is that the helmet fits the figure's head very well.  I've been seeing pictures of people who must be pulling an OJ on this figure's helmet because mine fits and covers the head pretty well completely.  I can see some of his neck in the back, but that's it.  I've seen people trying to give the impression that the helmet leaves the back of the head exposed though, and it simply doesn't.  Mine fits perfectly.  I may buy a 2nd driver, maybe more, depending on if I see any at WM in quantity.

Right now my focus is wrapping up the wave though.  The AT-AT Driver isn't as bad as people were saying though around the interwebs. 

Still unnecessary in every way, and I would much more have welcomed a Snowtrooper Officer update than this figure.  A new Veers with more articulation and FULL torso armor would've been nice as well.  Veers has the potential to be one badass army builder if Hasbro would put some effort into him.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 15, 2009, 06:54 PM »
Found my first sighting of this wave today... a lone Willrow that I had to pass on because he had a huge black smudge on his belly.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #243 on: December 15, 2009, 07:25 PM »
It was probably just chocolate.  :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 15, 2009, 09:15 PM »
I was surprised he didn't come with a rebel blaster (why not, ya know?) to make him a little more action-ish. 

That's weird. My ICMG had a blaster. ???
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #245 on: December 15, 2009, 09:19 PM »
Oh yes he did have one, nevermind.  Mine just doesn't have his because it's horribly warped so I've got it in the, "this stuff needs heated" pile.  I forgot I took that off him.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 15, 2009, 09:54 PM »
It was probably just chocolate.  :D

I've never seen chocolate THAT dark...  :-X
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 15, 2009, 11:00 PM »
Oh yes he did have one, nevermind.  Mine just doesn't have his because it's horribly warped so I've got it in the, "this stuff needs heated" pile.  I forgot I took that off him.

I've only opened TPM and ROTJ wave thus far - as well as a few select figures throughout my carded years....Question - is this a common problem with most carded figs and stuff from comic/battle packs?  I've had a few problems here and there with some of the Joes, but I haven't encountered the warped problem with the few SW figs I've managed to open since changing my tune.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #248 on: December 15, 2009, 11:11 PM »
Yes it is...  But it's easy to fix too.  Just fill a glass with hot tap water from your sink (as hot as the sink makes it), and drop the weapons in.  They generally retake their shape without any help.  If you have to though just sorta use your fingers to help them along if they need it.

I usually wait till I have a pile needing this so I can just do them all at once...  like right now I have the Bespin Guard's pistol, baton, sheath, a few rebel blasters, several Imperial guns, Major Panno's gun...  other stuff in there. 

Sometimes you have to do it with a hand or something too...  and you can do it with figure limbs and things, but that's a "boil & freeze" which is sort of an old customizing thing to fix a figure who maybe has legs spread too far apart or a weirdly bent ankle or something.

The weapons though, they just drop into hot water and the plastic's memory generally retakes and puts it back in shape.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 15, 2009, 11:19 PM »
Thanks for the tip, Jesse.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 16, 2009, 03:30 PM »
Sometimes you have to do it with a hand or something too...

TWSS.

Sorry, I couldn't help it, lol.

I still need this whole wave. I'm not panicking though. I'm all caught up except for the Chewie and Jawa/Security droid (with the correct droid parts-though I have neither with any droid parts).
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 29, 2009, 02:11 PM »
I happened across this entire wave, aside from R2-X2, at Wal-Mart on Christmas Even last week.  They were just laying on the shelf below the pegs (which were jammed full of CW stuff otherwise), so I scooped them all up aside from the repacks (Plo Koon, Bacara, and a Snowtrooper were there).  I got a chance to open these today, and I think this is one of my favorite waves of the year - right alongside the ROTJ wave.  Of course we have the greatness that is Willrow Hood, but the rest of the wave is nice too.  Luke (Snowspeeder) might be one of my favorite figures in a long time, and I hope I can pick up a couple more at least.  Zuckuss is a figure I've been waiting awhile for a resculpt on, and I'm not disappointed at all.  Although I think the last Dengar was pretty well done, I could see getting an update articulation-wise there, and we'd pretty much have a perfect lineup of the ESB bounty hunters.  I sort of like the Concept Snowtrooper from a "sci fi look" point of view, and it is pretty well made too.  The Bespin Guard is cool too, and I hope to pick up more (and eventually, the variant).  The AT-AT driver, like others said, wasn't really necessary - but it isn't a bad figure either.  The slot could have probably been filled by something better though.  Overall, a great wave I think, and I hope to get extras of several of the figures (Luke, Zuckuss, Bespin Guard, Willrow).

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 12 - The Empire Strikes Back
« Reply #252 on: January 1, 2010, 12:00 PM »
My Willrow came with a Rebel Blaster.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 1, 2010, 05:09 PM »
I came across an endcap of these today in long display boxes of 12 figures each at Wally.

« Last Edit: January 1, 2010, 05:10 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #254 on: January 1, 2010, 07:28 PM »
Good news on that.  If I could find ANH wave, ESB wave, and then the EU wave, I'd be pretty happy...  Right now though we're clogged to the gills at every WM with the LEgends figures from those pallet displays that never sold, and the ROTS remnants that aren't selling.   :-\