Author Topic: Legacy Wave 12 - The Empire Strikes Back  (Read 117371 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 12 - The Empire Strikes Back
« Reply #255 on: January 1, 2010, 10:18 PM »
Found the rest of this wave tonight in the Walmart display pieces.  And it was very cool to get a hold of Zuckuss and the AT-AT Driver.

There also seems to be a packaging variant with the AT-AT driver.  One version has the helmet on, and the other has the helmet off.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 4, 2010, 12:25 PM »
I can't wait until I find this wave. I'm looking forward to most of the figures.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 12, 2010, 10:00 PM »
Evo Boba or LC Boba belongs to this wave, I bought this action figure but I donīt understand how it bends the arms.

I saw photos of this toys bending arms, holding the rifle with both hands, etc

Can anyone give me some advice please?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #258 on: January 12, 2010, 10:32 PM »
With a little trial and error, virtually any natural arm position can be achieved by bending the shoulders, elbows and rotating the wrist gauntlets to grasp the blasters with both hands.

Also, this latest Fett is shipping with the ANH and ROTS wave assortments and I don't believe he's slotted in this (ESB) wave.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 11:26 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #259 on: January 12, 2010, 11:05 PM »
Out tonight, and still not one sign of this wave locally...  Nothing.  It was a ****** night.  No clearanced AT-ST's either, and one store that had probably 24 or 30 of them now has no AT-ST's at all.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 12, 2010, 11:52 PM »
I'm really looking forward to getting Luke in his Snowspeeder gear from this wave, but when I was checking out 'scum's pics for it, they show this comparison shot:

I can't for the life of me remember where that second version of Luke is from.  Can someone help me out?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #261 on: January 12, 2010, 11:54 PM »
The second from the left is the Titanium figure, Jess.  I have a little collection of Titanium figures out of the package if you're interested in them.  I'm thinking I may sell them as a lot here at some point.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 13, 2010, 12:00 AM »
Well ****, no wonder I couldn't place it.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 14, 2010, 01:38 PM »
I've completed the wave with Zuckuss, Willrow and the Guard, but have yet found the time to open these. Everything looks great though.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #264 on: January 14, 2010, 09:19 PM »
Well Pittsburgh seems to finally be getting this wave in some sort of quantity.  The locals reported finding those pre-pack displays the last couple weeks, and I found 1 complete wave of ESB2.0 with an almost complete wave alongside them (no R2-X2).  Basically I found 2 of everyone but R2-X2 then I guess.  I think there may have only been one Concept Snowtrooper too.

Anyway, going over this wave... 

-Bespin Guard is great except for two things...  his height (he's a quite tall fellow) and his hat isn't deep enough to fit his head well.  I think the POTJ figure's hat may even look better on him.  Otherwise I'm ecstatic and hope they give us a mustached vintage  asian/white guy, mustached vintage black guy, and I'd like a generic looking white dude with no facial hair.  I'm not hopeful for any of that, but it'd be cool regardless in a battlepack or something that had maybe those two "head variants" looking guys, a repacked Boba Fett maybe, and perhaps a "floating" Han in Carbonite block repaint of the Saga carbonite block with some kind of clear stand for it.  I can dream.

-R2-X2...  Nice paintjob.  That's about all I can say. :)

-Zuckus...  I'm disappointed he doesn't have a removable pack/webbing and full cloth coat, but otherwise he's a long overdue improvement.

-Concept Snowie...  Not my favorite design.  Well done figure for what it is, but I liked the one we got in the 30AC line, so I just got Johnson's design for completist's sake of the concept stuff.

-Snowspeeder Luke...  Oofah is that a nice figure.  I'm getting a 2nd at some point I think to have a non-hood Luke to display too since when he's out of the speeder he doesn't have the hood on ever.  Otherwise my hat's off to Hasbro for a pretty near perfect figure.  I can't figure out where the clip to his grapple gun goes, but in the meantime it's just tucked under his coat skirt piece.

-Wilrow Hood...  I bought my 2nd Willrow and left one behind.  I may nab another one if I'm out and see this wave again though in the future.  THe only flaw Willrow has is that they didn't put "Scott Approved" on the package or something. :P  Good fodder, and hopefully I can use him to put together a Rebel without flight gear on if I find a good torso for something like that.  It's a great figure.

-AT-AT Driver...  I already had him, but the figure seems ok to me.  His helmet's big, but AT-AT Drivers had big helmets by every photo I've seen.  Also people commented that it doesn't cover the back of his head, but I think they need to push it down a little harder because my figure's helmet totally covers his head, front and back.  I'll buy a 2nd AT-AT Driver at some point, and probably a 3rd to pull apart.

At this point, I'm actually caught up, and that feels good...

till the EU wave.

I'm glad to be caught up...  This wave's pretty cool.  Much cooler than the ROTS wave which really left me bored.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 15, 2010, 12:46 AM »
I can't figure out where the clip to his grapple gun goes, but in the meantime it's just tucked under his coat skirt piece.

Unhook the life support tube thingy from the leg, as shown in the pic :D
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #266 on: January 15, 2010, 01:16 AM »
Thanks Diddly...  Hmmm.

That doesn't seeam really STURDY though. ;)  For when he's hanging around by the rope and all.  That's as good a place to hook it though I'm sure.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #267 on: January 15, 2010, 03:14 PM »
BBTS has these in stock!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #268 on: January 15, 2010, 11:10 PM »
I saw more of this wave at my nearest WM tonight, which is so overflowing with figures (almost all Legends) that I was surprised to see these.  The wave was picked over, yet ironically they had left the concept trooper and R2-X2.  There was only one Luke, no ICMG's, one Bespin Guard, no Zuckuss...  This store has a full endcap now of pegs of nothing but Legends figures, in addition to the regular figure area which is overflowing with Legends and a smattering of Legacy, and then the rest are Clone Wars pegwarmers.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 16, 2010, 11:36 PM »
Wish I could say the same, Jesse. Can't find these anywhere.