Author Topic: TRU Exclusive Battlefront 2 Multipacks  (Read 9121 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Exclusive Battlefront 2 Multipacks
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2008, 08:10 PM »
5 figs at $40 is $8 per figure....no way.

Good thing they only put four figures in the Battle Packs nowadays. Otherwise they would have to charge us $40 for those too. :P
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2008, 09:55 PM »
Found them at TRU today and they are indeed $39.99.  Easy pass.

Uh - totally an easy pass.

When things like this come out, you have to wonder what Hasbro and the retail chains are even thinking.

For $62.99 at Target you're going to be able to get either 2 vehicles and 6 figures or 1 vehicle, 1 playset and 5 figures. Why would someone pay $22 less just for five figures when a regular vehicle costs $20 alone?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Vintage_Yoda

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2008, 10:02 AM »
5 figs at $40 is $8 per figure....no way.

Why would someone pay $22 less just for five figures when a regular vehicle costs $20 alone?

Just an FYI that there are 6 figures in the Clone set.  ;)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2008, 10:56 AM »
That comes to the devil's number of 6.66 each! :o
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2008, 08:09 AM »
[Just an FYI that there are 6 figures in the Clone set.  ;)

Thanks for the correction.

I still think Hasbro is pushing it here - what's next, Legacy Collection repacks of the Mandalorian sets that were EE exclusives? It's not like these sets came out three years ago or something, it was just last year! They SHOULD have been putting some of these figures - like the Jetpack Clone in the Saga Legends line, so if someone wanted to grab a couple more of those they could have.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2008, 11:56 AM »
[Just an FYI that there are 6 figures in the Clone set.  ;)

Thanks for the correction.

I still think Hasbro is pushing it here - what's next, Legacy Collection repacks of the Mandalorian sets that were EE exclusives? It's not like these sets came out three years ago or something, it was just last year! They SHOULD have been putting some of these figures - like the Jetpack Clone in the Saga Legends line, so if someone wanted to grab a couple more of those they could have.

Agreed.

However I DO hope the Mando sets come to retail, but at a cheaper price. I picked up the clones (from both of those sets) in trades or for cheap on eBay, but I wouldn't mind getting the FauxEU mandos either.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2008, 01:02 PM »
I stopped at a TRU on my lunch and they didn't have these sets.  I had a coupon for 15% off any 1 item, but when I did the math all the prices came out to be WalMart's prices and since nothing screamed "buy me", I gave the coupon to someone looking at a big lego kit.

I think if these sets were $30 they would sell, at $40 they'll keep the Lars Homestead sets company.
I am not the Stig

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2008, 11:02 PM »
I stopped at a TRU on my lunch and they didn't have these sets.  I had a coupon for 15% off any 1 item, but when I did the math all the prices came out to be WalMart's prices and since nothing screamed "buy me", I gave the coupon to someone looking at a big lego kit.

I think if these sets were $30 they would sell, at $40 they'll keep the Lars Homestead sets company.

I think even at $35 they would be tempting.  TRU's had lots of sales and the 15% off coupon, but $40 for an exclusive that cost less back when it was exclusive kind of makes me sick.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2008, 09:30 AM »
This set was great when it first came out.  I can't really understand why anyone would be interested in this set again just because it features new packaging.  If I already own the exact same figures, why would this set interest me in the least, regardless of the price (10% off, 15% off, 50% off, etc.)?   
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2008, 11:07 AM »
I'm passing as an adult collector who has access to online stuff and got what I wanted from these earlier, but I'm sure there will be some kids and even some collectors seeing this at TRU for the very first time that will want it.

It's still a ridiculous price though, and I'm not getting it.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2008, 11:27 AM »
but I'm sure there will be some kids and even some collectors seeing this at TRU for the very first time that will want it.

I'm sure that there are some collectors who are oblivious to online exclusives so this is a nice little overpriced treat for them.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2008, 05:57 PM »
but I'm sure there will be some kids and even some collectors seeing this at TRU for the very first time that will want it.

I'm sure that there are some collectors who are oblivious to online exclusives so this is a nice little overpriced treat for them.

There are also those that still don't purchase online exclusives even if they're aware of them because they don't want to give out info over the internet.  Personally, I think it's really crappy for Hasbro/TRU to be offering this for more than the exclusive price.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2008, 10:56 PM »
On one hand, the $40 price tag seems excessive.  On the other hand, people are busy buying 2x Rebel Pilot Evo packs for $40-45, so I guess it's not that crazy of a price, especially for TRU.  $40 is a lot, but there have been much worse deals in the line... :-X
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2008, 12:43 AM »
Good point Jeff, I didn't consider that... and to my surprise, tonight I swung by TRU and they had sold all but one set... wow.  All the Lars Homesteads were gone too, and they keep selling out of them around these parts (I have two TRU close to my house).

Going on a road trip tomorrow, going to hit a TRU down south that I hit while out of town.  They seem to have a harder time selling stuff like this.  I might even find an Indiana Jones cargo truck with the plastic canopy there, which is my goal at that store.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2008, 12:55 AM »
On one hand, the $40 price tag seems excessive.  On the other hand, people are busy buying 2x Rebel Pilot Evo packs for $40-45, so I guess it's not that crazy of a price, especially for TRU.  $40 is a lot, but there have been much worse deals in the line... :-X

That's a fair point.  For me the big difference is that the Rebel Pilots weren't all recently available as an exclusive for less money than they cost now.  You can also split up the packs if you want to buy just three.  I might pay $20 for three of the BF clones if I could pick which 3 were included.