Author Topic: The Twilight  (Read 3383 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
The Twilight
« on: November 14, 2008, 11:23 PM »
Is it me, or would the Twilight make a great toy?

The Twilight gets featured prominently again in tonight's CLONE WARS episode. Here's the running tally on Twilight appearances thus far...

CLONE WARS theatrical release
CLONE WARS episode 2 "Rising Malevolence"
CLONE WARS episode 3 "Shadow of Malevolence"
CLONE WARS episode 4 "Destroy Malevolence"
CLONE WARS episode 6 "Downfall of a droid"
CLONE WARS episode 7 "Duel of the droids"

Hasbro denied that there's a Twilight toy in the works in the most recent Q&A's.  But this vehicle seems like it would probably fit the box that the ARC-170 and Republic Gunship are packed into.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: The Twilight
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 12:32 PM »
I concur, this would make a terrific toy. I would be surprised if Hasbro doesn't get it out within the next couple years.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 12:43 PM »
Is it me, or would the Twilight make a great toy?

The Twilight gets featured prominently again in tonight's CLONE WARS episode. Here's the running tally on Twilight appearances thus far...

CLONE WARS theatrical release
CLONE WARS episode 2 "Rising Malevolence"
CLONE WARS episode 3 "Shadow of Malevolence"
CLONE WARS episode 4 "Destroy Malevolence"
CLONE WARS episode 6 "Downfall of a droid"
CLONE WARS episode 7 "Duel of the droids"

Hasbro denied that there's a Twilight toy in the works in the most recent Q&A's.  But this vehicle seems like it would probably fit the box that the ARC-170 and Republic Gunship are packed into.

are you forgetting how big this thing would have to be for it to be in scale? Remember ani's jedi starfighter can fit in the back. so this thing might have to be as big as the falcon to be in scale, And maybe that is why hasbro keeps denying it. it would be cool if they did make it but if it is underscale they know people will just complain.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 10:23 AM »
It's such and easy ship to make though. The shape is rather boxy. Just add a few wings and bam, you're done.

I wouldn't need this to scale. But yeah, close to the BMF in size is desireable.

I haven't been collecting CW stuff, but this is one where I would most likely make an exception.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 08:46 PM »
The ship is mostly wings, so it wouldn't be too hard to package despite its size when fully assembled. They could give the big bulky part of the ship a detailed interior in a BMF-esque manner, and still probably sell it for $40-50.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 10:59 PM »
I don't think it needs to be scale.  The majority of offerings in the vehicle line have not been to scale, so why start with this ship?

I think it's doable.  Like David said, it's mostly wings.  As for the main hull, if they can make a cockpit at least as large as that on the BMF Falcon, and a cargo bay it could be pretty cool.  I don't think it necessarily needs to be able to fit a Jedi Starfighter inside though.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 11:00 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 07:52 AM »
I don't think it needs to be scale.  The majority of offerings in the vehicle line have not been to scale, so why start with this ship?

I think it's doable.  Like David said, it's mostly wings.  As for the main hull, if they can make a cockpit at least as large as that on the BMF Falcon, and a cargo bay it could be pretty cool.  I don't think it necessarily needs to be able to fit a Jedi Starfighter inside though.

I'd be okay with it, if it could hold at least the SW Transformer Jedi Starfighter. That would be "good enough," IMO.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010