Author Topic: Your Break Up Stories  (Read 4016 times)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Your Break Up Stories
« on: June 30, 2003, 08:58 PM »
The marriage proposal thread put me into a mood to hear some good break up stories, so let's hear em! The saddest, the funniest, the most cruel, whatever floats your boat.

I guess Ill start:

My last two girlfriends both had similar break ups. Things really weren't peachy, but they were far from horrible, and both girls were seemingly happy (no, I wasn't dating them at the same time). Both times, I just kind of decided one night on a whim, that I was no longer interested. Im definately the kind of person that would prefer to not waste time with pleasantries, so nearly immediately after I made my decision (mind you, some time in the late evening, possibly drunk, possibly perfectly sober, I really dont care to remember), I called them up and basically said "I dont really like you any more, so Im breaking up. Nice talking to you, bye" *click* Both were immediately followed by a call back, basically the girl in hysterics wanting to know what happened. Once again, I explained myself and this time asked that they dont call again, because I would like to go to bed. That was the last time I talked to either of them...

I've never been dumped; every time I had the slightest inkling that she was going to dump me, I simply beat her to the punch. Then again, I've only had four girlfriends over the course of my 24.5 years here on earth. And I couldn't be happier! :)
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Your Break Up Stories
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2003, 09:28 PM »
The story I'm about to tell you is pretty harsh... just wanted to warn you ahead of time.  So here goes...

I was 19 or 20 years old and in college when I dated this girl.  We had dated for almost 8 months, when I got a phone call from her roommate (and best friend from high school) that she was cheating on me.  She wasn't just cheating with ANY guy... she was cheating with my college best friend.

Oh, was I pissed off!  So, after dinner was over (we all lived in the same dorm) I went to my room to prepare myself for what was about to happen next.  I sat in there for just about 5 minutes, with my door closed, and got myself mentally prepared.

What happened next was just ugly.  I grabbed the chair out of my room, walked down to my "best" friend's room, and knocked on the door.  My friend opened the door, and I took my chair and smacked him upside his head with it.  He fell to the floor, I threw the chair out of my hands, dropped down, and just started beating on him.  He didn't have a chance to even lay one hand down on me.  Everyone on the floor heard what was going on, and the floor R.A. (residential assistant) broke it up.  He took me down to his room to talk about what happened.  I told him exactly what happened, and he decided not to report this to the school (or the police).  My friend went to the hospital with a broken nose and cheek bone.  He got what he deserved.

Think I was done there?  Hell no.  I then went up to my girlfriend's room and dumped her like a rock in a pond.  I told her what I had just done to the guy she was cheating with, and I told her that she could have him.  She started crying hysterically and tried to hug me, and I shoved her down to the ground.  I yelled at her to never touch me again, and that I didn't want to have anything to do with her.  It was all over at that point.

That was the second time I had been cheated on.  I'm not the fighting type, but when I heard about me being cheated on I just blew up.  People talked about me beating up my friend for the rest of the school year.
dustrho

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2003, 09:38 PM »
Your story brings warm feelings to my heart! :) Shoulda killed him, but it wouldnt have been worth the consequences.

Every girlfriend I've ever had cheated on me (all of which I didnt know until after we broke up)

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2003, 09:43 PM »
Chris, I never will be getting on your bad side. Your wish, is my command. :o :o

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2003, 09:51 PM »
Im having trouble visualizing this though. Did you swing the chair into his face, or was it more of a jabbing action? A chair has a pretty big swing radius, and seems like it would be difficult to effectively maneuver it in an area the size of a doorway (unless he was outside the door. or you came in). I would have liked to have seen that, as I've never seen anyone unexpectadly hit in the face with a chair (in real life, not counting wrestling or anything). What kind of chair was it? Like a little wooden desk chair, or stool or something (obviously not a Lazy Boy, too big and more importantly, too soft)? Plastic, metal, wood?

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2003, 10:08 PM »
It was a simple metal chair with a soft cushion to it.  He opened the door, and came partially out of the room and in the hallway.  I raised the chair over my head, the chair hit the ceiling, and then I swung it down onto his head.  That knocked him to the ground, and that's when I jumped on top of him for his beating.

Any more questions?   8)
dustrho

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2003, 10:10 PM »
ROTFLMAO! ;D ;D

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2003, 10:22 PM »
Ah, now I get it! So what made a chair the implement of your choosing? No sports equipment like bats or hockey sticks, golf clubs or cricket paddles?

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2003, 10:25 PM »
I'm not really sure why I chose the chair.  It was just the first thing that came to my mind... maybe because I was sitting on it just before going over to his room.
dustrho

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2003, 10:28 PM »
Ah, I see! Nonetheless, quite effective from the sounds of it

Offline Sith Lord Cosmo

• Jedi Initiate
  • Detroit, WHAT?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2003, 10:38 PM »
I don't have anything that can top Chris' story.  I've had 2 serious girlfriends and each time I've gotten dumped.  The first one dumped me for no appearant reason.  She said her feelings changed and that's it.  Whatever.  

The second one was my junior year of college, and I had a really good relationship with this girl.  I moved back home for the summer to take an internship with the legislature, since I live in the state capital.  It was about a month after school got out.  I went out to go to a concert with some friends and visit her.  The day it happened I was having a great day.  I did a toy run and found 3 figures I had been looking for.  It was the POTJ Sandtrooper wave.  My friends and I got drunk in the afternoon and destroyed some stuff.  She gets back from work, and tells me she doesn't think we should see each other anymore.  Way to ruin my good day.  About a week later she starts dating one of my co-workers, we worked at the same place, so,  I think she was cheating on me.  

But, I feel vindicated.  To this day she tells me I was the best boyfriend she's had and what a mistake it was breaking up with me.  Sucks for her....

I have a really great break up story involving a friend of mine, but its a little too risque to post
Hotter than Bond.  Cooler than Bullitt

Offline Gamorrean Jedi

• Youngling
  • a llama bit my sister!
    • View Profile
    • Gamorrean Jedi.com
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2003, 10:56 PM »
I'll make this short and simple.  about a yaer or two ago I met this girl and it was love at first site, everything was going right we got along well we had fun together we dated, we dated, we dated, got close, REAL close, the world was a wonderful place my life was set I figured in a few month if thisgs kept going as well as this first few months she might realy be the ONE!   I would probbly propose to her when the time seemed right.  so were sitting around one night starwatching and allthought I had told her I loved her befor, I did again and asked her what she was thinking right then.  I don't remember what she said but it was less than romantic for the moment and then she did it she said "##### I love you too but I'm not in love with you" followed by the death of the soul move of "why don't we just be good friends".  the rest of the evening ws pretty much silent.  After all the time we spent together and all the stuff we had done together it all ended there, I still don't understand what happened.  One day we were the perfect couple, the next shes like we never did the things we DID, and I still have no clue how she could change 100% in the way she seemed to feel about me just like that with no warning what so ever.  Women suck and I'll never understand them!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 03:07 PM by Gamorrean Jedi »
Seen any Star Wars figures lately? I haven't.
This years running of the Bulls score: Bulls 11, Humans 0 :D

Offline BobaShek

• Jedi Initiate
  • OT Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2003, 11:06 PM »
That...is a long sentence. ;)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2003, 11:37 PM »
That...is a long sentence. ;)

You're damn right that's a long sentence.  I didn't even bother reading it.  Is it really hard to use punctuation?   :-*
dustrho

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 1, 2003, 12:01 AM »
Yeah, and being old is bad right ;)  I've been with my wife/girlfriend (yes, same person) since 1987.

I can't come close to topping that story :o  But I do have other Res stories.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.