Author Topic: Midnight Madness  (Read 2107 times)

Offline Sith Bounty Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hunting new figures daily
    • View Profile
Midnight Madness
« on: June 30, 2003, 09:11 PM »
I'm hitting my self on the head because when Episode 2 came out I wasn't the hardcore collector that I was when the POTJ figs came out. Anyways to my point did anyone go to Midnight Madness for the Saga figures (wanted to see some pics if possible) I don't think any of my local store did.
Dont under estimate the power of a sith lord

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Re: Midnight Madness
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2003, 09:46 PM »
Dangit! These threads are never about my favorite movie guest starring Michael J Fox.....  >:(

But yes, I have gone to both Midnight Madness's so far.

For Episode 1, I went to Toys R Us with a friend, and it was truly madness! The line stretched all the way around the store (you could see the back of the line from the front of the line), and everyone tried to pack in all at once (where's a fire marshall when you need one?). It actually went very well though! You just yelled out what you wanted, and someone up next to the shelves would get it to you! My friend and I loaded about three carts and spent about a grand that night (a record for the store that night).

For Episode 2, it wasnt nearly as nutty at the WalMart I went to. Only about ten people at best, and everyone was super cool. WalMart let us put stuff on the shelves, go through boxes and set stuff aside for ourselves (as long as we didnt try and go pay before midnight). It went quickly, and we all pretty much got everything we came after! I spent about 600 bucks that night.
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2003, 11:44 PM »
No midnight madness up here where I am in Canuckada.  In fact, lots of stuff leaked out about 6 days early, so I had half the figures before the actual release date.

In retrospect I wish I'd waited for the subsequent sales.  There isn't a thing that was released that first day that I can't still find at regular retail and if not, wasn't marked down at some point.  

What to do for Episode III ???
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Jango Fettish

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2003, 11:55 PM »
I was the first to have them on RS, just cuz my girl sweet talked an employee into giving them up. That waaaas..March..15th of 2003? Kinda cool.

I did do Midnight Madness as well, bought it all up at two different Wal Marts. Not too much excitement, but I did get a couple of those cool shelves that they came in.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2003, 11:59 PM »
I've never done Midnight Madness... not for any of the Star Wars lines.  Just no sense in it, but I might give it a try for the next big thing.
dustrho

Offline Sith Lord Cosmo

• Jedi Initiate
  • Detroit, WHAT?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 1, 2003, 12:02 AM »
Midnight Madness for EP 1 was a lot of fun.  I was on tv

Sadly, none of the stores in my arena did a MM for EP 2 :(
Hotter than Bond.  Cooler than Bullitt

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #6 on: July 5, 2003, 02:02 PM »
I did the Midnight thing for Episode I. It was fun, and I managed to find the three figures I wanted before any others- Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and Darth Maul.

For Episode II, I could have gone to Wal-Mart to pick up stuff, but I waited and made the rounds the next morning. I found Anakin HD, Yoda, and a red Clone Trooper, but I didn't find Count Dooku until a few weeks later. Great times, man. I might hit a Wal-Mart at midnight for Episode III, but I've got some time to think about that.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 6, 2003, 12:13 PM »
Never been to a Midnight Madness. I usually go to a store the weekend after, and all of the newly released figures are there. :)

It usually takes me a few months to find the main villian of the film though. (I didn't get Maul until September '99, and Dooku until July '02).
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks