Author Topic: Happy Life Day everyone!  (Read 5063 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Happy Life Day everyone!
« on: November 17, 2008, 01:05 PM »
Today is the 30th anniversary of the Star Wars Holiday Special. Let's celebrate by watching drugged out Carrie Fisher try to sing.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
Re: Happy Life Day everyone!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 01:28 PM »
See, Matt? The tradition of celebrating Xmas with ****** media is at least a thirty year old tradition.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 02:28 PM »
Should we also sing Happy Birthday to Boba Fett? I'm looking at his animated debut figure right now!   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 08:13 PM »
If anyone is interested, you can do some searching for a new remaster of this turd fest.  I just go ahold of a copy which was made from an actual 1st Gen 35mm that was from a TV station.  Though not DVD quality, you will never be able to look at the horrendous versions that have been surfacing on the web over the years.  The upgrade is 100% better.  The copier did a nice job of putting it on DVD with menu's, etc.  Unfortuneately the story is just as bad as day one :P
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 08:16 PM by Jim »

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 08:22 PM »
Should we also sing Happy Birthday to Boba Fett? I'm looking at his animated debut figure right now!   :D

actually no, because it is not his birthday :o Boba was first shown at some parade with vader not sure when this was but it was in one of the SW insider mags, Its got boba on the cover if that helps.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 08:31 PM »
If anyone is interested, you can do some searching for a new remaster of this turd fest.

You know how the old saying goes. . .  you can't remaster a turd.  But it does sound like this new clean version will be about 3% less unwatchable than the previous 100% unwatchable versions that have been floating around for years, which is nice.

Today is the 30th anniversary of the Star Wars Holiday Special.

Coincidentally, it's also the 30th anniversary of me dying a little bit on the inside.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 12:00 PM »
If anyone is interested, you can do some searching for a new remaster of this turd fest.  I just go ahold of a copy which was made from an actual 1st Gen 35mm that was from a TV station.  Though not DVD quality, you will never be able to look at the horrendous versions that have been surfacing on the web over the years.  The upgrade is 100% better.  The copier did a nice job of putting it on DVD with menu's, etc.  Unfortuneately the story is just as bad as day one :P

Where did you find that remastered version? I would love to have a really clean copy of it.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 04:23 PM »
Today is the 30th anniversary of the Star Wars Holiday Special.

Coincidentally, it's also the 30th anniversary of me dying a little bit on the inside.

I normally don't laugh at another's pain...but I couldn't stop laughing for about 10 minutes after reading this.

Sorry Matt.   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 07:23 PM »

Where did you find that remastered version? I would love to have a really clean copy of it.

Just do a search of the torrent sights out there and keep searching.  Thats all I will say since I had a bit of an unsavory contact from a certain music management a few months back which left me a bit nerved.  But as far as ROIS (bootlegs) I would be open to helping people on the board since they are not copyrighted they are totally legal. So ask away on that end.   

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2016, 12:52 AM »