Author Topic: CW Obi-Wan's Delta-2 Jedi Starfighter  (Read 11765 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: CW Obi-Wan's Delta-2 Jedi Starfighter
« Reply #30 on: December 2, 2008, 08:55 PM »
V-Wing?  Really?  I can't recall having seen a single V-Wing in CW packaging. 

It's out there...  pic from HasbroToyShop:

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 2, 2008, 08:57 PM »
I stand corrected.  Odd though that Hasbro would offer this at the same time as the TRU exclusive model and the V-19 as well.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 3, 2008, 10:11 AM »
I saw Obi's Delta 2 last night. Passed it up. It's looks okay. Guess I'm getting bored of the design though and just don't have the desire for this. Perhaps when it shows up in the show I might want it more, especially if the ship splits apart into two as it does for the toy.

Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this, but SW collecting has really started to wane for me. I'm still getting figures, but only go out to stores 1-2 times a week as opposed to my heyday of 5-6 a week. Online purchasing has helped this. But it's mostly about the quality/choice of product and the availability.

I really want MOVIE stuff FIRST. EU stuff, unless I recognize it, usually doesn't get purchased. It has to look really good before I'll buy it. Articulation does play a role in that as well. Obi's Delata 2 is okay, but does look more "animated" than any of the other Delta Jedi Starfighters.

Maybe I'm just getting to be "to old for this sort of thing"...lol.
« Last Edit: December 3, 2008, 10:12 AM by jedi_master_sal »
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 3, 2008, 05:28 PM »
only go out to stores 1-2 times a week as opposed to my heyday of 5-6 a week

Wow, I only go 1-2 times a month lol and even then I dont buy as much as I used too lol.

In terms of the thread, the ship looks cool and all but considering all I do is display this stuff, new action features and such do nothing for me, besides I am running out of room and vehicles are out of the question.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 6, 2008, 09:52 AM »
I saw this and the new AAT at Target yesterday. The AAT was certainly tempting, but I passed in favor of the Kenobi & 212th BP.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2008, 07:46 PM »
I'd also like to note that the ship has no landing gear, which is kind of bothersome.  The pull-down missle launcher on the front of the ship functions as the front landing gear and I realize that to include the type of landing gear from the 2002 JSF mold would have necessitated dropping the pull-down launcher from the toy completely, but the ship already has two launchers on the top, so the one on the underside is totally unnecessary and I would have rather had landing gear instead.  Maybe that's just me, though.

Actually, it's pretty necessary-- Hasbro wants weapons on the ships for combat potential.  Without the rocket on the bottom of the ship, the "Drone Ship" would be a completely unarmed drone.  Hasbro put a firing rocket on the Episode I Royal Starship's yellow mini-craft for a similar reason, to give the toy some weapons even though the bigger ship didn't.  OK, so it's a different reason.  But they still crammed a rocket on there.  In theory, it makes for a more fun toy, and I'd be inclined to agree.

I like the whole separate-the-ships thing WAY more than fall-off wing panels or pop-out wings.  This is one of Hasbro's best vehicle toys in years if you ask me, they managed to cram a ton of neat stuff into a reasonably small toy-- and the empty droid socket is totally awesome to see for once.

And I may be the only one but I freaking LOVE this ship.  The fact that the droid socket fits animated R2-D2 like a glove made me happy, but the fact I can sit pretty much any action figure in there makes me giddy.  I mean, as a kid, who hasn't wanted a ship to put a couple of figures in?  It's great that, if you want to, you can have a C-3PO sit in there and have his head poke out.  While not 100% authentic, it lets kids play with the figures they already have in the drone ship rather than having to beg mom and dad to buy them R2-D2 or whatever recolor is on the market that week.

I dunno if I'm going to be all that thrilled about a fleet of repaints, but it's a fine ship-- I'll buy Anakin's at the very least.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2008, 05:55 PM »
I dunno if I'm going to be all that thrilled about a fleet of repaints, but it's a fine ship-- I'll buy Anakin's at the very least.

I'm sure there will be a flood of them - so make some room.  Fisto's ship with Ring totally hit me as an exclusive while watching the Lair of Grevious on my Video Cassette Recorder today.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2008, 10:19 PM »
You're not the only one Adam - I think this is a great vehicle. I'm actually looking forward to Anakin's version.

I'm also pretty sure we're going to get a Kit Fisto and/or Plo Koon version.

I wonder how long before they let Ashoka have one too.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2008, 07:50 PM »
I'm loving my Delta 2 but I agree with the above that the lack of landing gear is "annoying" to me.  I felt that way about the old JSF's actually, as that's a touch of realism I'd like to have on an otherwise fantastic detailed vehicle.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2008, 09:37 AM »
I'm getting one of these for Christmas from the Mrs., so I haven't gotten a chance to see it in person aside from the box, but I'm really looking forward to it.  I've always been a fan of the various incarnations of the Jedi Starfighters (movies and toy form), and I think the fact that this has a mini-rig-ish seperate fighter is kind of cool too.  I didn't realize that about the landing gear, so that's sort of a bummer.

I have to admit I started getting sucked into the various repaints of the ROTS version, so I want to try to avoid that again, but I wouldn't mind getting Anakin, Kit, and Plo if/when they are made.  Its nice to have Anakin along side Obi-Wan's ride, and Kit/Plo have always been my favorite "background" Jedi of the PT.  I'm wondering if we'll see Yoda get his own starfighter at some point in the Clone Wars toon.

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2008, 06:47 PM »
I have to admit I started getting sucked into the various repaints of the ROTS version, so I want to try to avoid that again, but I wouldn't mind getting Anakin, Kit, and Plo if/when they are made.  Its nice to have Anakin along side Obi-Wan's ride, and Kit/Plo have always been my favorite "background" Jedi of the PT.  I'm wondering if we'll see Yoda get his own starfighter at some point in the Clone Wars toon.

I'll probably spend for the repaints if we get the matching astromechs.  The hyperspace rings, I can do without.  But if they come with their companion droids?  That's an easy sale.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2008, 12:58 AM »
Has Hasbro given any indication as to how long we're going to have to wait before we get an animated version of Obi-Wan's R4?

It's kind of annoying to me that we've got this ship with the socket that actually fits an astromech, but no astromech to put in it!

I might have to give the ship to the Legacy Collection Clone Wars Obi-Wan and dig out the R4-P17 figure from the ROTS line.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2008, 10:02 AM »
I got one of these from the Mrs. for Christmas, and I have to say it might be one of my favorite vehicles of the modern line.  I'm usually more of an OT person, and have been trying to cut back on PT vehicles, but I always like to get the Obi-Wan related ones - and this is my favorite one yet.  The "split in two" play feature works very well I think, and it not only looks nice, but is a great toy as well.  Nice vehicle overall I thought.