Author Topic: Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines *Spoiler*  (Read 6095 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines *Spoiler*
« on: July 1, 2003, 07:30 AM »
Please Note: This thread may contain some Spoilers. Enter at your own risk!

Well its time for bad guy turned good guy Arnold Schwarzenegger in Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines.

This black box may contain a spoiler. Highlight the black line to enter.

Synopsis:
Nearly a decade after Skynet sent back the T-1000, John Connor faces a female Terminator, the T-X, with power over all machines. But John has another protector: a new T-800 unit Terminator is sent back through time to help guide John through the coming battle.

Terminator 3 Official Site

The official website has posted the first teaser trailer for Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines: The Game. Released on X-Box, GameCube and PS2, the game is looking like a must for all Terminator fans. If you want to see a digital Arnie, this is well worth a look.

Terminator 3 Game

I just picked up the newspaper with a review. Out of 5 stars, they gave it a 4.  :o

Looks like I'll be checking this Arnie flick out.  8)  Anyone else going to check it out?

« Last Edit: July 1, 2003, 07:57 AM by DSJ™ »

Offline Master Chief

• Banned
  • Youngling
  • If you're stupid, then please CLICK HERE.
    • View Profile
Re: Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines
« Reply #1 on: July 1, 2003, 07:35 AM »
Must....not ...read...

Could you put on  spoiler? Because I came in here and it wasn't  mark spoiler. I know others who hasn't see the movie would be upset if they saw  this thread without the spoiler being marked. Thank. :)
Master Chief:  Has anyone else made it out of Halo alive?

Cortana: No, it just dust and echo...We're all that lefts...We did it, we saved earth, we had no choice..it over...we're done.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 1, 2003, 07:37 AM »
I want to, as I'm a big fan of the other two.  The wife doesn't want to though.  She pretty much bad mouthed the original and sequel while I was watching them this past week on SciFi.  "Why would anyone watch these" "These are the stupidest movies ever made" (yeah, they're a lot stupider than Legally Blond or How to Lose a Guy in Two Weeks Notice or some crap  ::))

Common sense isn't so common

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 1, 2003, 07:43 AM »
Must....not ...read...

Could you put on  spoiler? Because I came in here and it wasn't  mark spoiler. I know others who hasn't see the movie would be upset if they saw  this thread without the spoiler being marked. Thank. :)

Sorry, I was working on that. All fixed now.  ;)

Offline proudfather2

• Jedi Initiate
  • Todd
    • View Profile
Re: Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines *Spoiler*
« Reply #4 on: July 1, 2003, 04:36 PM »
I'm actually looking forward to this movie if for no other reason  than I heard Arnold paid a million plus of his own cash to keep a particular scene from ending up on the cutting room floor. If he thinks it was worth his while to pump that much of his own scratch into it, it can't be that bad. Plus I just absolutely loved T2. ;D

Jango Fettish

« Reply #5 on: July 1, 2003, 04:44 PM »
I'm going tonight at 9:00. It would be 8:00, but if it ends up being anything like the crowd for Matrix:Reloaded, the later showing is going to better for me, seating wise.

Still going to show up an hour early.  :P

Ooh, and the figs will hit EB Games on July 10th.  8)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 1, 2003, 08:27 PM »
*cough cough choke* Now THIS movie sucked. An enormous piece of crappity crap wrapped up in a thick layer of mega crapulence. Absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Uninspired. Please change the title to Terminator 3: Rise of the Boredom
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Jango Fettish

« Reply #7 on: July 1, 2003, 11:11 PM »
I just got back from T3. Totally blown away. Seamless special effects, plenty of action, loads of good humor, and unlike "28 Days", the girls in this flick can actually act. It picks up right where it left off in T2, no continuity issues here. Now I have to wait 9 days until the figures are out.  ::)

« Last Edit: July 1, 2003, 11:25 PM by Jango Fettish »

Offline Master Chief

• Banned
  • Youngling
  • If you're stupid, then please CLICK HERE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 1, 2003, 11:44 PM »
I just got back from T3. Totally blown away. Seamless special effects, plenty of action, loads of good humor, and unlike "28 Days", the girls in this flick can actually act. It picks up right where it left off in T2, no continuity issues here. Now I have to wait 9 days until the figures are out.  ::)

Finally, a positive review. Today I was reading a newspaper and happened to see the review for T3. 1 out of 4 stars!!! OMG! Those stupid critics totally ruined the hype for T3!! Of course I'll have to see it though and will have to persuad my brother into going to see the movie with me.
Master Chief:  Has anyone else made it out of Halo alive?

Cortana: No, it just dust and echo...We're all that lefts...We did it, we saved earth, we had no choice..it over...we're done.

Jango Fettish

« Reply #9 on: July 1, 2003, 11:50 PM »
Critics, much like their reviews, are pointless. All they are are people who share their opinions, and then weak minded "average movie goers" decide weither or not they want to go, based on some guys opnion, who will never have your interests in mind, nor has any clue what you may like.

I'll be back for more, I imagine, cuz I absolutely loved it.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 2, 2003, 09:05 AM »
Critics have there own opinion. In my mind, critics suck! I remember one critic here in the city, when Star Wars came out, he trashed it. But when Annie the movie came out, his review was, its a must see.
5 stars out of 5.  ::)

Kinda tells you something.  ???

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 2, 2003, 10:01 AM »

Wrong thread, this is the T3 thread, not the 28 Days Later thread...

So what, I hated the movie, big deal! You hated 28 Days Later, and you wanted to agree to disagree. So stop bringing it up again!
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #12 on: July 2, 2003, 10:47 AM »
I think I'm going to see T3 tonight with the wife and some friends, and I'm hoping this to be a good one.  Critics suck!  They're all a bunch of whiney people who flip a quarter to say "thumbs up" or "thumbs down."  This is one movie I want to see and MUST see.   8)
dustrho

Jango Fettish

« Reply #13 on: July 2, 2003, 11:20 AM »

So what, I hated the movie, big deal! You hated 28 Days Later, and you wanted to agree to disagree. So stop bringing it up again!

Err, what? Sorry, Adam. I was making a comparison, because right now "28 Days Later" is one of T3's biggest competitors in the box office.
Sorry for being off topic guys.  :-*

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #14 on: July 2, 2003, 11:33 AM »

Err, what? Sorry, Adam. I was making a comparison, because right now "28 Days Later" is one of T3's biggest competitors in the box office.
Sorry for being off topic guys.  :-*

Adam's just making a joke there Cory, that you got your high praise for a movie in the "wrong" thread...  That's all.  At least with the first part of his comment.  The second part means let's just "let it go"...   ;)

I plan on checking out T3 sometime in the next week myself...