Author Topic: Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines *Spoiler*  (Read 6097 times)

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines *Spoiler*
« Reply #15 on: July 2, 2003, 05:35 PM »
I just came back from this movie and liked it alot.  I hope they make T4 if this movie makes money because I want to see a movie take place in the future and having the War actually end with the humans winning since John Connor leads them to victory or so it was said in T2 I think.  The last shots of the movie were neat to see with the farm buildings then the missles headed towards the sky.  

Jango Fettish

« Reply #16 on: July 2, 2003, 06:52 PM »
Theres a just a few more things that need to be explained, which I guess T4 would do. The ending of T3 would have been a perfect ending, to which we could all draw our own conclusion, but I guess we'll wait and see.

Offline Master Chief

• Banned
  • Youngling
  • If you're stupid, then please CLICK HERE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 2, 2003, 10:28 PM »
I saw this movie at 11 am this morning. I have to say that I was really impressived, even my brother was impressived. It was really good though, but it doesn't have the Terminator hype as the  1st two were, but  notherless, it was awesome. Action-pack/humor/well connected story-line. What more can you get? The only thing I wasn't happy about was that the  movie was too short and the final battle between the T-X and the T-800 was too short. We finally get to see  the T-800's half of his body flesh torn off, but he didn't do much after that.

BTW, I spotted a mistake. Toward the end, when the blast door opened, but then started to close. The Terminator run to the door and held it for john and Kate. Now the T-X crawls under the door too, but was held by the T-800. Now  oen of the T-800's arm is holding the T-X,  now the T-800 takes his other arm to get the fuse cell from his chest, but who is holding the door while the Terminator has one arm on the T-X and the other arm with the fuse cell????
Master Chief:  Has anyone else made it out of Halo alive?

Cortana: No, it just dust and echo...We're all that lefts...We did it, we saved earth, we had no choice..it over...we're done.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 3, 2003, 07:55 PM »

BTW, I spotted a mistake. Toward the end, when the blast door opened, but then started to close. The Terminator run to the door and held it for john and Kate. Now the T-X crawls under the door too, but was held by the T-800. Now  oen of the T-800's arm is holding the T-X,  now the T-800 takes his other arm to get the fuse cell from his chest, but who is holding the door while the Terminator has one arm on the T-X and the other arm with the fuse cell????

The T800 is with his body.  I just saw it again and saw him with his body holding it up while he was getting the power cell out.  He propbally knew that he was going to die so he decided to make sure the TX didn;'t get a chance to kill Carnor or Kate.  

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #19 on: July 4, 2003, 12:36 AM »
I just got back from watching it, and I think it was a great movie.  However, I don't think it was better than T2.  Yeah, there was a lot of action in T3, but it wasn't the type of hardcore action as T2 was.  There will definitely be a T4 movie, because they leave it totally wide open at the end.
dustrho

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #20 on: July 4, 2003, 07:55 PM »
I just wonder one thing-is it possible to wreck any more vehicles than they did in this flick? Criminy.

But still, a great flick and kind of sad at the end. Destiny tends to suck like that. I want to see a T4 if it's all future war, all the time.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #21 on: July 5, 2003, 05:53 PM »
I agree with dusthro.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Jango Fettish

« Reply #22 on: July 6, 2003, 11:37 AM »
If there is a T4, god forbid movie studios don't ruin a good thing, it will more than likely have to be Arnold-less.

Why? He said his mission was to insure that John Connor and the misses make it out alive to start the resistance, which they did. T-850 was destroyed in the process. If he were to return in a T4, his mission in T3 would be obsolete. Not only that, he'll have to return for a FOURTH time..and be mission less..which makes no sense. On top of THAT, whatever model they throw him into for his 4th appearance will be obsolete, especially since the machines apparently keep evolving, (850, 1000, TX)

I think that although it was left wide open, there was also a good bit of closure. Everything that was forseen, happened. Judgment Day, albeit delayed, did begin. Now, J.C. is going to lead the humans into battle against the machines, and there ya go.

T4 would more than likely be Arnold-less, like I was saying, because he is dead for one. Secondly, there would have had to been 2 Terminators that the resistance reprogrammed to save/help John Connor, which is not likely. Therefore, there is no reason why a machine would be helping the other side when they are the ones trying to defeat them.

Arnold is 55 years old. He already said he wanted to get into politics. Besides, they will more than likely have to have as big a gap in between a T3 and T4 as they did between T2 and T3. 12 years? Arnie will be 67, and NOT doing his own stunts. And as I said, there wouldn't be any need for a Terminator in T4.
« Last Edit: July 6, 2003, 11:42 AM by Jango Fettish »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #23 on: July 6, 2003, 02:20 PM »
That's what I'm thinking too. I want to see a T4 anyway.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline proudfather2

• Jedi Initiate
  • Todd
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 6, 2003, 04:15 PM »
I can get by without another installment in the Terminator series, T3 tied up all the loose ends nicely I thought. As JF stated above Judgment Day came, Connor and wife were spared, and the T-850 fullfilled it's mission. That being said, I thought T3 was a pretty good movie but could have been better with the same composer who did T2. It just would have blended them a little nicer. Also, there was a little more cheese in here than I was hoping for, most abnoxios line being Arnie's "Tawk to duh hand!" ::)

BTW, I missed a small part and was wondering if someone could please fill me in.
SPOILER ALERT

How/why did the Terminator kill the future John Connor??? I was briefly distracted and missed the whole line except "I killed you!" by Arnie. Do'h!!! :o

END SPOILER ALERT
« Last Edit: July 6, 2003, 04:21 PM by T-Bone Kenobi »

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #25 on: July 8, 2003, 12:55 AM »
I just saw T3 - Anyone who says this movie sucked must suffer from hemroids or something and cant sit through any movie regardless of content.

This movie kicked ass for a number of reasons. 1) It succeeded in tying up all the loose ends and making the previous 2 movies make complete sense. 2) Good humor and good drama, though a lil annoying from time to time, they knew when to stop with the stupid **** and get down to real script - and they did so pretty fluidly to where it wasn't too akward, 3) awesome fight/chase sequences... 4) the Terminator looked as good as ever.

So, to answer ur question T-Bone -
The Terminator explained that he used his recognizable face to make Conner think the Terminator from his childhood had come back to help him out - Conner has affection for that Terminator and so he let his guard down, and then the Terminator slayed him.

If I got it twisted someone let me know.

Offline proudfather2

• Jedi Initiate
  • Todd
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 8, 2003, 05:25 PM »
So, to answer ur question T-Bone -
The Terminator explained that he used his recognizable face to make Conner think the Terminator from his childhood had come back to help him out - Conner has affection for that Terminator and so he let his guard down, and then the Terminator slayed him. If I got it twisted someone let me know.

Thanks AE, I appreciate that, and you did get that right, I checked out that part in the novel and it explained it exactly like yoyu said. To take advantage of a mans affection is a sh*tty thing to do to a guy! But, at least Connor now knows HOW, WHEN and WHO is going to kill him so he can take action to try and prevent that from happening again, or rather for the first time.:)